Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 411885 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Premiership ruckman do not grow on trees. Got ruckman foot skills this fella
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Ahhh good I enjoy watching those 50 metre high by 30 metre long kicks

The failed rocket launch with invitations to limb, head and spinal damage beneath it was hilarious.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond’s unique list model has it perfectly placed to lure free agent Tom Lynch from Gold Coast

Jon Ralph,
Herald Sun
May 3, 2018

RICHMOND’S unique list model, mixing superstars with cheap role players, has allowed them cap room to pitch for Suns free agent Tom Lynch.

Many observers have wondered how the reigning premiers would afford the Gold Coast key forward given their existing salary cap demands.

But if the 25-year-old does return to Melbourne as many expect he will in effect take a pay cut.

Already on around $1 million a season, he would accept less at a Victorian club than Gold Coast is able to offer him next year given the Suns’ huge salary cap room.

The Tigers are ideally placed despite paying Dustin Martin $1.2 million a year and more than $700,000 to Alex Rance, Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin and Dion Prestia.

Richmond has its best five players taking up an estimated $4.5 million of the salary cap, but also has had many players on extremely modest contracts.

The club’s cheap-as-chips premiership heroes include Jack Graham, Nathan Broad, Daniel Rioli, Jason Castagna, Dan Butler, Kamdyn McIntosh and Jacob Townsend.

Many have recently signed new deals but key Tigers figures Brendon Gale and Damien Hardwick have publicly stated they have room for a big fish.

Recent premiers Hawthorn and Geelong did not have the outrider like Martin but had a solid core of eight to 10 players on extremely healthy contracts.

It has been made clear to rival clubs that Richmond, Hawthorn and Collingwood are the three contenders, with other inquiring teams firmly told they are not in the race.

Tigers star Alex Rance said recently if Lynch wanted to talk with the Tigers leadership group he would be happy to meet him.

But it is understood Lynch will not meet rival clubs mid-season.

He had previously said he would not consider his position until mid-year, with Lynch now out until after the Round 10 bye with a knee injury.

Like returning free agent Patrick Dangerfield before him, that deadline is likely to drift back until later in the year and eventually the post-season.

Gold Coast and his management have left the decision and timeline up to him but even former coach Rodney Eade says his gut feel is Lynch will leave.

Lynch is desperate to win a premiership, with Richmond and Hawthorn seen as clubs where he could slot in as a star without being the saviour.

But Collingwood’s recent strong performances and core of young tight-knit players — many from the Paul Connors stable — will help their chances.

The salary cap jumped from $10.37m to $12.4m last year and hits $13.54m by 2022, plus marketing payments.

This year it is $12.59 million plus $1.093 in additional service agreements for marketing, climbing to $13.02 million next year and $13.28 million in 2021.

Richmond has also had unexpected departures — Ben Griffiths retired to be a college punter this year, Brett Deledio moved to GWS and Chris Yarran retired to move to Perth.

Shaun Hampson, Bachar Houli, Reece Conca, Shai Bolton, Anthony Miles, Corey Ellis and Nathan Broad remain out of contract at the Tigers.

Lynch is already paid around $1 million a year at the Suns, so are expected to offer a more generous contract than Melbourne teams.

Like Dangerfield before him, Lynch would be extremely well paid but not demand the type of contract that would prevent the club from keeping a premiership list together.

Tigers vice-captain Alex Rance told AFL Tonight recently he did not want to inflame the situation or put more pressure on Lynch.

But he made it clear if he wanted to talk to the Tigers players he would be more than willing to make a pitch.

“Obviously if he wanted to come he would come and have a chat with us. You want a pulse check of the culture,’’ he said.

“Coaches and recruiters are probably going to paint a pretty good picture of what the club is. If I was to go to another club I would really want to feel the nitty gritty of what’s wrong with the club because everyone is going to say what’s right with the club. But I would think at some stage if Tom wanted to come he might want to sit down with the leadership group.

“I don’t want to put too much pressure on him. I want him to enjoy his footy. I don’t want to say something sensational like he is coming or he is not.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmonds-unique-list-model-has-it-perfectly-placed-to-lure-free-agent-tom-lynch-from-gold-coast/news-story/93c97972a78071705a44cd89e88ff693

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Well, well, well.

😁

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Just in time for the sister brother rule.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
From a Collingwood supporter on the BF Richmond board:

Quote from: adammania9
Stevi_Tigers said: ↑

wouldn't mind stubbies de goey here

And you’re a chance too.

Not attempting to start anything because I know my history with posters on this board isn’t flash but I feel it’s my duty as an AFL fan to report news when I hear it.

Tigers have chatted with De Goey and I know this from a primary source.

There’s no trade thread so I thought this is the most appropriate home.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tom-lynch.1186086/page-56#post-55246502

:shh

Really do hope this is true.... :pray

- Thomas Sowell

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
From a Collingwood supporter on the BF Richmond board:

Quote from: adammania9
Stevi_Tigers said: ↑

wouldn't mind stubbies de goey here

And you’re a chance too.

Not attempting to start anything because I know my history with posters on this board isn’t flash but I feel it’s my duty as an AFL fan to report news when I hear it.

Tigers have chatted with De Goey and I know this from a primary source.

There’s no trade thread so I thought this is the most appropriate home.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tom-lynch.1186086/page-56#post-55246502

:shh

Really do hope this is true.... :pray

Really hope it isn't

:chuck
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yes who needs another big bodied gun mid who can go forward and kick goals..... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Very good player who would add to this group. The penny might have finally dropped and if so it's a yes from me.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Absolute gun
Won’t happen sadly

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Browne on Ch7's Talking Footy:

* Richmond has put an offer to Tom Lynch of $1.4 million per season to move to Punt Rd.

* Opposition clubs concerned how Richmond can afford this within their salary cap. Believe Richmond will need to offload 4-5 players to do it.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Tom Browne on Ch7's Talking Footy:

* Richmond has put an offer to Tom Lynch of $1.4 million per season to move to Punt Rd.

* Opposition clubs concerned how Richmond can afford this within their salary cap. Believe Richmond will need to offload 4-5 players to do it.

None of their business
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
No thanks at that cost.  4-5 players that is.