Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 411863 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Wouldn't do it at that cost. Too much dollar wise and too costly in terms of players.

dwaino

Not into it for that price either. We're the sum of our parts, not a few elite players. I'm sure we could work something out by moving on some dead weight like Hampson though. I assume most senior players are on a tidy wage regardless of their position in the side.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Jack Riewoldt will be 30 next year . We'll need Tom to complete the threepeat . Lynch will be at his peak when its time to attempt the fourpeat .

Welcome to tigerland Tom .
Unleash the tornado

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Tom Browne on Ch7's Talking Footy:

* Richmond has put an offer to Tom Lynch of $1.4 million per season to move to Punt Rd.

* Opposition clubs concerned how Richmond can afford this within their salary cap. Believe Richmond will need to offload 4-5 players to do it.

Pretty easy to move 4-5 players when you have to de-list a minimum of 3

Can easily think of 4 to move on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Tom Browne on Ch7's Talking Footy:

* Richmond has put an offer to Tom Lynch of $1.4 million per season to move to Punt Rd.

* Opposition clubs concerned how Richmond can afford this within their salary cap. Believe Richmond will need to offload 4-5 players to do it.

Pretty easy to move 4-5 players when you have to de-list a minimum of 3

Can easily think of 4 to move on

I feel one is an excellent trainer, who is an expert at having his hands on his hips.... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Heres 5 to start with

Hampson
Griffiths
Miles
Lloyd
Drummond

Then there's the rookies who have to be promoted or moved on

Choi
Moore

Then there's the question mark players with trade value = what do you do?
CEllis
Mrakov
Menadue
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 10:16:11 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

Is the veteran's list still a thing for offsetting some payments out of the cap?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Is the veteran's list still a thing for offsetting some payments out of the cap?
No.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Alex Rance says he doesn’t believe Richmond should be ‘upsetting the apple cart to chase the big fish’ of Tom Lynch

May 7, 2018 10:18pm
Max Laughton
FOX SPORTS

RICHMOND star Alex Rance says he doesn’t believe the Tigers should be “upsetting the apple cart to chase the big fish” of Gold Coast forward Tom Lynch.

Lynch, a restricted free agent, could be on track to earn as much as $1.3 million per season over five or more years when he signs a new deal for 2019 and beyond.

While Gold Coast may be able to pay plenty for him, Victorian clubs believe they are strong chances to bring Lynch home. Foxfooty.com.au’s Tom Morris reported on Monday that Hawthorn was now the favourite, with Richmond also chasing him aggressively.

But with the Tigers flag favourites and looking to have hit upon an ideal forward structure that features just one tall in Jack Riewoldt, it’s unclear whether Lynch would be as perfect a recruit as many think.

Rance, one of Richmond’s best-paid players, told Fox Footy’s On the Couch he didn’t think the club should change what has made them into the reigning premiers just for one recruit.

“I’m really proud of the way our list management has been over the past few years,” Rance said.

“Dusty is the best player in the competition in my opinion, and deserves the dollars he gets. But I don’t necessarily believe that we should be upsetting the apple cart to chase the big fish.

“He’s (Lynch) the big tuna. I’d support it because I wouldn’t have to play on him. You almost have to look at the big picture when it comes to these things; so many clubs will be after him, they’d love to have him.”

When asked if there would be an issue if Lynch became a Tiger, Rance pointed to what changes would need to be made by coach Damien Hardwick.

“Team structure would be an interesting one to throw up,” Rance said.

“I wouldn’t really know what it would look like with him in our side because I’m so happy with the way our structure is.

“He’s a gun, and obviously you want to acquire as many guns in your artillery as possible. It’ll be an interesting situation to see what happens — lucky it’s not my call.”

However the star defender did not think money or any potential change to club culture would matter if Lynch was brought over from the Suns.

“Money is neither here nor there, every club has enough money these days, and we’re lucky enough that we have a good supporter base and are able to pay players what they’re worth. I don’t think it would be an issue,” he said.

“I feel like our culture could overcome any strong personality that could come in, so it wouldn’t matter if it was Tom Lynch or Jack the Ripper. Our culture would be able to deal with that personality.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/alex-rance-says-he-doesnt-believe-richmond-should-be-upsetting-the-apple-cart-to-chase-the-big-fish-of-tom-lynch/news-story/465f5da66c473657d4d2eb63d3d7e8f8

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
We're definitely going to bring at least one, probably two and maybe even three very good player(s) across this off-season  - whether Lynch is among them doesn't really matter- there's more than one iron in the fire and people are going to be far from disappointed either way*.... ...:shh

*except maybe WP  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
We're definitely going to bring at least one, probably two and maybe even three very good player(s) across this off-season  - whether Lynch is among them doesn't really matter- there's more than one iron in the fire and people are going to be far from disappointed either way*.... ...:shh

*except maybe WP  :shh

Oliver Wines :shh

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Yeah heard the Richmond are front runners reports on channel 7 quickly followed by the hawthorn are front runners on foxfooty......

Also watched rance’s interview on the couch and found his comments to be pretty intriguing, worrying more about what it would do for the structure of the team than any monetary ramifications. Would think that if we were after lynch then our recruiting team wouldn’t be too happy with ranceys comments.