Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 411712 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
IMO we need another quality big bodied inside/outside mid more than we need another KPF.

We lost the game in the midfield last night.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
We need the mid more urgently but we still need a decent KPF a well.....if not a million dollar one...the kids in the twos are looking very promising at this early stage but we can't just assume they'll make it or even what KP role they'll play or when they'll be ready .....we at least need someone preferably about halfway in between their ages and Jack's....someone who can A- be a genuine second target, B- replace Jack when he's injured and eventually when he retires, C- help us buy time for the kids to develop & D-  give Naknervis a chop out (not essential but highly preferable).... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
We've got that mid in Prestia.  He just never plays at

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Which is why we still need another one.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Ollie Wines is only 23.  :shh

And we need to steal a good player from them since all they’ve only given us is duds including the biggest dud of all time.

The club that keeps giving.

Dougeytherichmondfan

I dont see how we'd possibly snare De Goey or C Curnow.

The pies would make us pay with first rounders and a player like Vlastuin at the very least.

As for the scum, with their track record of late they'd demand Martin, Rioli and Caddy and call it unders.

If Lynch wants to come to us, I think GC would be pretty happy with the compo. Otherwise, I dont think we could get that deal.done either.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
If De Goey wants to leave and Collingwood chuck everything at Lynch...... :shh

Again if Curnow wants out what are they going to do? Make him go to the draft and lose him for nothing?

Both players are out of contract.  :shh

This is were list mangers earn their keep and we now have one of the best in the business.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
We do need one. I would be tempted to play Balta for a large block of games as a forward/ruck. Can take a good mark and give us something in the ruck around the ground when Nank is resting. Ruck and Grigg is yesterday's tactic.

Agree, wamt to see Balta. Give me Balts over Moore every day

But Lynch IMV covers an immediate need consodering  Jack's about to turn 30
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
We do need one. I would be tempted to play Balta for a large block of games as a forward/ruck. Can take a good mark and give us something in the ruck around the ground when Nank is resting. Ruck and Grigg is yesterday's tactic.

Can I ask why you hate Moore? Is it personal or you really just don't rate him?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame

WP never said he hated Moore nor is it personal if you don’t think he is up to senior AFL footy.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Moore would be a decent 3rd tall, unfortunately we usually play without a second tall

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
What was the topic again ? LOL

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Moore would be a decent 3rd tall, unfortunately we usually play without a second tall
Good point
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

I dont hate any player.

So therefore I don't hate him.

I simply don't rate him on what I've seen so far be it AFL or VFL. I don't think he will make it.

Sadly  (and it wasn't his fault I'd like to stress) he was a massive liability on Friday night. He was non competitive for nearly the entire game. Granted There were a number like that but in the role he had we cannot afford it.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Fair enough
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"