Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 411712 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
From BF:
Quote from: Slippers
Got some inside word Lynch wants to come to Richmond and will accept around 900k. :thumbsu:

Certainly not its from a player... but thats all i can say

A Richmond player? Yeop

A richmond player that i know well..after what i got told Lynch is a lock to be at with us next year so just sit back and wait now...

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tom-lynch-best-player-in-the-league-cotchin-says-we%E2%80%99d-be-mad-not-to-look-at-him.1186086/page-231#post-56886496

And from good ol' 'look at me' Ricky Nixon:

Getting 3 offers tabled this week & getting a feel for each club
Hawks will offer more coin
Richmond more immediate success
and Collingwood well they’ll offer Collingwood

[Lynch is being wined and dined by the Tigers] Coll & Hawks already done that.

My mail is a huge way bigger than the current 3 will come fwd this week.

[I've heard Hawks have put a massive offer on table. More money than Coll/.Rich. I don't think money will be ultimate factor in where he goes though.] Yep that’s was confirmed by me 10mins a go plus Jaeger O’Meara working hard on him.

[Is there a smoky] Yep a blue one. Would be a fair combo C Curnow & Lynch.

[Lynch is leaving a basket case. He isn't going to another.] No doubt that will play a big part.

https://twitter.com/rickynixontoot

Ricky back on the glass barbie.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
If we were to get Lynch, that would be the piece of the puzzle we are missing.

How many times over the last couple of seasons have we kicked it forward just hoping we are able to create a contest and bring the ball to ground for our small forwards?

Having Jack do what he does basically from CHF these days, how good would it be to have someone of the class of Lynch to kick it high to and know if he doesn’t take the grab our small’s were ready and waiting to crumb or apply our pressure.

We have a massive opportunity to get a star KPF for basically a free hit and we are in a position to make it worth doing whatever it might cost us.

Obviously some really tough decisions would have to be made to afford him but I’m hoping the RFC makes them.

How many of us would be really upset if we lost Grigg and Houli for instance if it meant another premiership?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Spot on big tone
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Lebowski

From BF:
Quote from: Slippers
Got some inside word Lynch wants to come to Richmond and will accept around 900k. :thumbsu:

Certainly not its from a player... but thats all i can say

A Richmond player? Yeop

A richmond player that i know well..after what i got told Lynch is a lock to be at with us next year so just sit back and wait now...

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tom-lynch-best-player-in-the-league-cotchin-says-we%E2%80%99d-be-mad-not-to-look-at-him.1186086/page-231#post-56886496

And from good ol' 'look at me' Ricky Nixon:

Getting 3 offers tabled this week & getting a feel for each club
Hawks will offer more coin
Richmond more immediate success
and Collingwood well they’ll offer Collingwood

[Lynch is being wined and dined by the Tigers] Coll & Hawks already done that.

My mail is a huge way bigger than the current 3 will come fwd this week.

[I've heard Hawks have put a massive offer on table. More money than Coll/.Rich. I don't think money will be ultimate factor in where he goes though.] Yep that’s was confirmed by me 10mins a go plus Jaeger O’Meara working hard on him.

[Is there a smoky] Yep a blue one. Would be a fair combo C Curnow & Lynch.

[Lynch is leaving a basket case. He isn't going to another.] No doubt that will play a big part.

https://twitter.com/rickynixontoot

Ricky back on the glass barbie.

Geez hes a bellend

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

How many times over the last couple of seasons have we kicked it forward just hoping we are able to create a contest and bring the ball to ground for our small forwards?

Having Jack do what he does basically from CHF these days, how good would it be to have someone of the class of Lynch to kick it high to and know if he doesn’t take the grab our small’s were ready and waiting to crumb or apply our pressure.

We have a massive opportunity to get a star KPF for basically a free hit and we are in a position to make it worth doing whatever it might cost us.

Obviously some really tough decisions would have to be made to afford him but I’m hoping the RFC makes them.

How many of us would be really upset if we lost Grigg and Houli for instance if it meant another premiership?

if the offer of 900k (or even a mill) is correct i reckon Hampson and Grigg retiring would cover it.

then theres Griffiths who has retired in January.

Need to get Shorty signed up next and probably Houli.

with crumbs (Townsend, Lloyd, Bolton Soldo Conca).

rest trade bait/delist - Miles, Menadue, C Ellis, Drummond, Markov)

2018: Bolton, Conca, Drummond, C.Ellis, Griffiths (retired), Grigg, Hampson, Houli, Lloyd, Markov, Menadue, Miles, Short, Soldo, Townsend
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Dougeytherichmondfan

Agree that Lynch would fit in beautifully to our side and we wouldn't have to give anything serious up to get him.

My only concern is are all the playing group happy to accept unders (in some cases significant) in order to allow a guy who has contributed nothing to the current playing ethos and mentality that has been essentially created by the "good ordinary" types - and for him to take just about the most sizable paycheque to boot.

I know they've stated publicly that they (the playing group) support it (bringing Lynch in) etc, but what happens once a few cracks start to appear?

If he comes to us, he needs to come over at well under the market value IMO. 900k is probably about right. He'd get 1.2-1.4 at GC I would think.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
1 million is unders i reckon.

lets not forget this is a guy who kicked 66 goals in 2016 and about 50 goals per year in 2014, 15 and 17. 199cm, 25yo.

Get him in the best side in the comp with the most F50 entries and he could reasonably kick 80 a year. maybe even more and push the talk for the tonne.

He also averages 2 inside 50 tackles per game which puts him equal with the best at our club, so he works hard defensively (and probably will get better at this under our forwards coaches).

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
900 is correct for me.
How is his op going to affect him?
Plus he will have achance at a flag and playing in front of the tiger army.
He should be paying us!! :shh :lol

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I would only be down with 900K if Martin, Cotchin, Rance and riewoldt exceed that sort of coin.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
I would only be down with 900K if Martin, Cotchin, Rance and riewoldt exceed that sort of coin.

Dusty obviously does, The other 3 will be there or there abouts, think jacks on the lowest of the big4.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame

if the offer of 900k (or even a mill) is correct i reckon Hampson and Grigg retiring would cover it.

then theres Griffiths who has retired in January.

Need to get Shorty signed up next and probably Houli.

with crumbs (Townsend, Lloyd, Bolton Soldo Conca).

rest trade bait/delist - Miles, Menadue, C Ellis, Drummond, Markov)

2018: Bolton, Conca, Drummond, C.Ellis, Griffiths (retired), Grigg, Hampson, Houli, Lloyd, Markov, Menadue, Miles, Short, Soldo, Townsend
You are over rating Houli Dooks, Short has already made him easily replacable so if he is happy to stay then a haircut to his pay to help bring in Lynch.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:20:42 PM by yandb »

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders

LMAO

Why?

I'd be down with whatever fits Lynch into our club without completely destroying our cap. If it's 900k, great. That's unders. If it's 1mil, cool that's close to what he's worth anyway. Dude is the missing stuffing link. Get him
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I am hearing a bit about this missing link, missing link to what?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

hmmmmmmmmmmmm