Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 411902 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Absolute crap by Robbo.

FA is to reward a player that has given good service to a club.
Players don’t get a choice at the beginning with the draft so why shouldn’t they get the choice of where they play their footy when it’s their time.
Clubs need to work hard to keep their players as well as to attract them.

We had been poo for basically 37 years with only a couple of good years scattered pretty thinly during that time and other than 1 or 2 priority picks, we were given no help.
Most clubs are where they are because of the mistakes they make and clubs need to own that and just work harder to get better. We did and it took a along time but now we are entitled to reap the rewards of our hard work and patience, including having players want to play for us now.

I’m sick of people wanting to change the rules when it suits them!

It’s a business and it’s dog eat dog!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Well said big tone.  :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Today's game despite the runaway win is why we want Lynch. Jack as good as he was today can't be everywhere. It would've been handy to have another quality tall mobile marking key forward for that long inside F50 kick when no other options are on under pressure. It would've stopped the Pies getting so many rebounds off HB from our bombs inside 50 especially in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Eagerly awaiting Slobbo's opinion on  Barrassi's move from Melbourne to Carlton.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Eagerly awaiting Slobbo's opinion on  Barrassi's move from Melbourne to Carlton.... :shh

Or the Kangaroos recruitment that led to their first flag in ‘75
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Or the Kangaroos recruitment that led to their first flag in ‘75

Yep. Bought a flag they did.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Like I said smells like  Treloar this  lynch bloke.

Pies met him again today  so you would think he may be headed there. Family supports then also

As I said win the flag this year and we should take the offer off the table and keep everyone on our list

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Will be very surprised if he ends up with us, (Big Collingwood Family) $$$$$$ only thing that we have to offer that could sway him (Collingwood also in the premiership window just like us). this might turn into a salary war.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
stuff the war let them have him. Like I said let’s see if we go b2b then assess his worth then.

I never had much hope to begin with anyway so let’s focus on plan b. Keeping our list together for another year

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
stuff the war let them have him. Like I said let’s see if we go b2b then assess his worth then.

I never had much hope to begin with anyway so let’s focus on plan b. Keeping our list together for another year

Agree, hope we are looking at other options, including growing our own.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Lebowski

Im sure we are, we've been very dilligent and intelligent with our footy operations since balmey came over, cant see why we'd do anything stupid now. If Pies offer him stupid money then so be it, move on

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Im sure we are, we've been very dilligent and intelligent with our footy operations since balmey came over, cant see why we'd do anything stupid now. If Pies offer him stupid money then so be it, move on
Agree.
The Pies are possibly in a premiership window for next year and will be desperate to get him, thus pay massive overs.
IMHO, their list is NQR, but hey, whose list is?  it will be intetesting watching them try.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
All other things being equal - salary, success and a lack of care about who his family barrack for (after all, it is professional sport) I think the 2 key areas are his potential impact to our team and the clubs professionalism and focus in approaching him and no one else.

We have only been linked to Tom Lynch in the last 2 years, speaks volumes for our commitment and should build his confidence that our interest is genuine and focussed.
The second important consideration for him (and us) is his unique contribution to our team structure in the short and long term.
We so obviously need another key forward who can pinch hit in the ruck - much more than the Pies. For all the speculation right now, he has to weigh up how this decision will reflect on his legacy in 7-8 years time when his career results determine his standing in the game.
In actual fact, these 2 considerations are linked which makes for a more compelling case for him to come to us
I’ve also heard that the GC have put a big offer to lambo - if they are smart, we might give them a discount for Lambo (say a second rounder) and they can pick up a compo pick 3 and lambo for Lynch and their 2nd rounder
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Collingwood seem to be the "Hapless Hooker" shopping themselves around and letting the world know about it in the hope they will score the big client
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Lambo won’t be going anywhere as he is signed until the end of 19.

In any case GC won’t trade for Lynch. They do nothing and will get pick 3