Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 411825 times)

Jackstar is back!!!

Interesting times ahead
The gap between RFC offer and Pies offer is approx 300k a year
Tiges are being squeezed up, with players such as Short being left in Limbo
GC will pick a priority pick no 3 for Lynch and that’s it
Also issue of medical with Lynch

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Have the feeling he goes to Pies. 

Dougeytherichmondfan

We’ve forced their hand though. I’ve heard their new offer is will in excess of a million, if we match he’ll be our highest payed player. I don’t think we’ll match their offer, but I think with how Collingwood are travelling you could argue the “success at Richmond” line might be diminished.

Damn, thought he was signed and sealed to us.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
We’ve forced their hand though. I’ve heard their new offer is will in excess of a million, if we match he’ll be our highest payed player. I don’t think we’ll match their offer, but I think with how Collingwood are travelling you could argue the “success at Richmond” line might be diminished.

Damn, thought he was signed and sealed to us.

Hell be at home with Sheloar

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Interesting times ahead. I actually don't think we need him right at this minute and if we go back to back who really cares if we don't land him. 
We have Balta, Garthwaite & CCJ waiting in the wings.  All 3 could be anything and Balta in particular looks the good as a potential key forward. 

I would say to him that our offer is final and if he ums and arrs then move on and pull out of the race. We want him desperate to play for us and if he wants to play for the pies he can go and join those flogs for the money.   

Cheers,

Jackstar is back!!!

Interesting times ahead. I actually don't think we need him right at this minute and if we go back to back who really cares if we don't land him. 
We have Balta, Garthwaite & CCJ waiting in the wings.  All 3 could be anything and Balta in particular looks the good as a potential key forward. 

I would say to him that our offer is final and if he ums and arrs then move on and pull out of the race. We want him desperate to play for us and if he wants to play for the pies he can go and join those flogs for the money.   

Cheers,

That’s actually what has occurred
Take it or leave it

dwaino

Collingwood must be moving on a number of players as their cap was supposedly tighter than ours. Unless Eddie is giving him a job at channel 9 too. As much as I’d like him to play for us I don’t think I’d be comfortable with paying him as much as Collingwood. We can afford one rockstar wage while keeping everyone else happy, but not two. I’d rather keep the band together and pay guys like Shorty.

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Pies tried a last ditch offer with Treloar and it worked despite that he had agreed to go to the Tigers. They think they can do it again. Lynch is letting them present their case (probably at his manager's urging) but he is a far more honorable person then Treloar and I'm comfortable that the deal has been done some time ago, as they generally are, and the Tigers will prevail. Lynch's manager may come back to squeeze a few more dollars out of the Tiges after telling them what the Pies are offering. Our offer will still be less than Collingwood's.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Stuff him!  I agree with the above posts - look after the players we have (Shorty esp)  & give our kids a shot at the KPF role.  What I have seen of Balta is very impressive, CCJ too, Miller, Chol & Moore all deserve a shot before we chase Goldilocks ....   :pray 
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Stuff him!  I agree with the above posts - look after the players we have (Shorty esp)  & give our kids a shot at the KPF role.  What I have seen of Balta is very impressive, CCJ too, Miller, Chol & Moore all deserve a shot before we chase Goldilocks ....   :pray

:thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Cheers,

could there be anything more more better than lynch going to the pies to join trelore and us going b2b2b

i think not

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

If he was home and hosed to the Pies then they wouldn’t be still trying to woo him and making it so public. Just like n0rf with Dusty last year. Reckon we are/were in the box seat and they are putting all of their effort in. I just don’t want us to give in. If he wants more dollars then we can’t do anything about that and I would be surprised if we give in. We desperately need another key forward both now and to take over from Jack in the coming years but surely not at that price.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame

Cheers,

could there be anything more more better than lynch going to the pies to join trelore and us going b2b2b

i think not

Yup Lynch joining us and going b2b2b

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist

Cheers,

i think not
Lynch has been quoted as saying he is chasing success, not just money (Unlike Treloar as it turns out). No more successful team than the Tigers.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

Cheers,

i think not
Lynch has been quoted as saying he is chasing success, not just money (Unlike Treloar as it turns out). No more successful team than the Tigers.

I think this has more weight than people realise.
The only derailer is magpies performance this year
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.