Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 411904 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

^^ basically what has been said on BF (I assume BFtigercast is the same as the one that informs us on here).

My “source” seems to think the upgraded Collingwood deal may have put a spanner in the works. He wa almost locked and loaded last week....

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
People need to stop stressing ...a bloke with dodgy knees who's only played one good season out of eight isn't the be all and end all....... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Are you sure you’re not confusing rumour, innuendo and scuttlebutt with feelings of worry?

I’m somewhat indifferent about the whole thing. I would love him at the Tigers; strikes me as a smart and rational move without “upsetting the apple cart” for the figures I’ve heard that have been floated.

If we miss out; no worries, we’ll be as strong a contender next year as previously.

If we overpay I’ll be upset.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Are you sure you’re not confusing rumour, innuendo and scuttlebutt with feelings of worry?

I’m somewhat indifferent about the whole thing. I would love him at the Tigers; strikes me as a smart and rational move without “upsetting the apple cart” for the figures I’ve heard that have been floated.

If we miss out; no worries, we’ll be as strong a contender next year as previously.

If we overpay I’ll be upset.

Great rationale thinking. Still don’t understand those that are of the mindset we shouldn’t be making a play for him at all and those that list numerous players that have nowhere near his talent and have never been linked to us as preferred options.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
...and will be good for Prestia to have a familiar face doing rehab with him..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Ask yourself, would we have won the flag without Prestia (and therefore Caddy)? If the answer isn’t a definitive Yes then having Prestia in rehab for big bucks is still worth it!

Offline tigercast

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
just saw this thread!

yep that twitter feed is from me.

to give a bit of background of what I know about all of this, and its up to you how you want to take the info, I'm just passing on what I know.

Last August Tiger71 advised me via PM that he had heard we were working hard on Lynch as we believe he could be "shaken loose from the tree"

you can obviously imagine my shock when i read that.

Anyway, he has obviously been on a few podcasts of mine since then and and we are in regular contact and not once has he shifted his stance on this.

I would often throw questions at him any time i heard or saw stuff in the media about the pies or hawks being interested etc, but he has never been worried by it.

The last message i got from him was yesterday saying that Lynch is 100% ours, and is going to explain more about why on Tuesday night.

as i said people will take that info any way they want which is fine, just thought i'd put it all out there so there is a bit more context behind comments seen etc.

I'm like the rest of you though, keeping everything crossed that he is spot on and that it all comes through.

I'll post the podcast here once we record it for anyone interested in listening.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Damo: Tigers Nervous About Lynch-Collingwood Meeting

MMM
1 Aug 2018  5:30pm

Triple M Footy’s Damian Barrett says Richmond are nervous about the fact that Gold Coast forward Tom Lynch has met with Collingwood twice in the space of a fortnight.

Lynch, who is widely expected to return to Victoria next year as a free agent, is believed to be deciding between Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn as his next destination.

Damo told Triple M’s Rush Hour on Wednesday that this time last year, the Tigers had Lynch “on the hook”, but now they’re not so sure.

“Richmond this time last year got Tom Lynch on the hook to the point where they thought they were going to be very comfortable when this decision had to be made about now,” Damo said during The Midweek Rub.

“The problem for Richmond, and when I say problem it’s not one they’re worrying about, was winning the premiership last year and potentially going back-to-back this year – it’s changed the landscape the way Lynch is thinking. It doesn’t mean he says ‘no’ to it (Richmond’s offer) but it’s certainly changed why he was going to go there.

“Does he want to go to a club as established as being successful? This is all part of his thinking. Collingwood is seizing on that aspect of it ... you don’t go back (to meet with Collingwood) a second time inside 10 or 12 days as it was on Monday without reason.

“Richmond has got a little bit nervous about the fact Collingwood now has gone in for a second time and they don’t know where they stand as Collingwood doesn’t right now.”

Damo also revealed that Nathan Buckley has met with Lynch as recently as within the past fortnight rather than “a while back” as the Magpies coach said on Footy Classified last week.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/damian-barrett-says-richmond-tigers-are-nervous-about-the-second-tom-lynch-collingwood-magpies-meeting

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
GAF either way.  Collingwood seem to be after whomever we are after every single stuffing year, it is sickening and seems to be some sort of perverse, desperate spoiled brat syndrome where they can't stand the thought of us getting anything.  How many times have they pulled this shyte? 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
GAF either way.  Collingwood seem to be after whomever we are after every single stuffing year, it is sickening and seems to be some sort of perverse, desperate spoiled brat syndrome where they can't stand the thought of us getting anything.  How many times have they pulled this shyte?
PM Eddy
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Well according to Mark Stevens on Ch 7 news tonight, Lynch has got the all clear to fly back to the Gold Coast in the next day or two and he'll let the Suns know of his intentions.

https://twitter.com/Stevo7AFL/status/1024578088611405824

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
I still think he will end up at Dollywood. :rollin

We need more mids. :cheers

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Harley B is coming good :shh

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
 8)
Damo: Tigers Nervous About Lynch-Collingwood Meeting

MMM
1 Aug 2018  5:30pm

Triple M Footy’s Damian Barrett says Richmond are nervous about the fact that Gold Coast forward Tom Lynch has met with Collingwood twice in the space of a fortnight.

Lynch, who is widely expected to return to Victoria next year as a free agent, is believed to be deciding between Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn as his next destination.

Damo told Triple M’s Rush Hour on Wednesday that this time last year, the Tigers had Lynch “on the hook”, but now they’re not so sure.

“Richmond this time last year got Tom Lynch on the hook to the point where they thought they were going to be very comfortable when this decision had to be made about now,” Damo said during The Midweek Rub.

“The problem for Richmond, and when I say problem it’s not one they’re worrying about, was winning the premiership last year and potentially going back-to-back this year – it’s changed the landscape the way Lynch is thinking. It doesn’t mean he says ‘no’ to it (Richmond’s offer) but it’s certainly changed why he was going to go there.

“Does he want to go to a club as established as being successful? This is all part of his thinking. Collingwood is seizing on that aspect of it ... you don’t go back (to meet with Collingwood) a second time inside 10 or 12 days as it was on Monday without reason.

“Richmond has got a little bit nervous about the fact Collingwood now has gone in for a second time and they don’t know where they stand as Collingwood doesn’t right now.”

Damo also revealed that Nathan Buckley has met with Lynch as recently as within the past fortnight rather than “a while back” as the Magpies coach said on Footy Classified last week.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/damian-barrett-says-richmond-tigers-are-nervous-about-the-second-tom-lynch-collingwood-magpies-meeting

Barrett is a McGuire shill. purpose of the article?

Collingwood just trying to keep us honest in player payments.

hes coming to richmond most likely imho
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Lynch tells Suns he wants to join a Melbourne club (Age)
« Reply #614 on: August 02, 2018, 05:40:28 PM »
Tom Lynch tells Suns he wants to join a Melbourne AFL club

By Jake Niall & Michael Gleeson
The Age
2 August 2018 — 5:01pm

Gold Coast co-captain and free agent Tom Lynch has told the club he wishes to leave and join a Melbourne club.

Lynch told the Suns of his wish to leave on Thursday, confirming what had long been suspected both within the club and the wider AFL.

The Suns had been aware that Lynch would almost certainly leave for some weeks, given that there had been no discussions about him signing a new deal with the Gold Coast.

Richmond and Collingwood head the clubs pursuing Lynch, who is a restricted free agent. The Tigers are still regarded as the frontrunners, despite the two meetings that have been held between the Magpies and Lynch within the past fortnight, including one with the Magpies on Monday at his parents’ home in Blairgowrie. Hawthorn are viewed as a longshot.

Lynch has met with all three of those clubs, who have put their pitch to him.

He will get a long-term deal from his choice of club, a minimum of five years and potentially six or seven years. Money is not a consideration, because he will almost certainly be paid less than he would at Gold Coast, who are already paying him around a million dollars this year.

Lynch can nominate his choice of club, with the Suns having the right to match. On current ladder positions, the Suns would receive pick No.3 – the draft choice immediately after their own – if they did not match the offer. They could also match the offer and force a trade, or refuse to deal and make Lynch enter the draft – or try to get him to stay – though this option is highly unlikely.

Gold Coast were keen for Lynch to inform the club of his intentions soon, rather than having the speculation and discussion drag on, despite the season not being complete. One factor that has hastened the process – free agents usually wait until season’s end before informing their club they are leaving – is that Lynch has had knee surgery and will not play again this season.

The attention will quickly shift to the battle for his services and Lynch’s eventual choice. He cannot be formally signed by another club until October during the overlapping free agency and trading periods.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tom-lynch-tells-suns-he-wants-to-join-a-melbourne-afl-club-20180802-p4zv4p.html