Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 411712 times)

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
HOW SURE ON TOM LYNCH TO RICHMOND?

SAM EDMUND SAYS:

“(I’m) at least 90 per cent sure. I think you can be as sure as you can be without taking it all the way to the bank, if you like. I think he’s there, and I think every other club knows that to be the case. This isn’t a six-month operation, by any stretch, they’ve been into Tom Lynch for the best part of two years. Before it even made headlines, before it even made newspapers and TV stations around the place. They’ve been grooming him (to come to Richmond).

“We know all know that his sister now plays there, in the VFLW. We know that with all those big names — Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Riewoldt — they’ve all front-ended (their deals), they’ve all signed, they’ve all taken little haircuts. All the planning is in place, ready for the big T. Lynch to slot into the forward line.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/tom-lynch-almost-certain-to-get-to-richmond-but-what-next-for-brendon-goddard/news-story/934166b6146f283e11282d884e9db391

We've also kept the number 19 vacant just for him :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Browne on Ch 7 news tonight said Lynch is about to select Richmond.

Collingwood now going after Steven May & Dayne Beams.

Go to 1:12 min mark of video clip: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1032550735630594048

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From the Hawthorn BF board:

Quote from: Topiary
It is my understanding GC continue to confirm they intend to match a $1m a year contract. Tigs have been told this again yesterday as were we. We also know we can sufficiently front end a contract that will be beyond their range therefore eliminating that tactic . We are the only one of the three competing clubs who have that capability. TL management has also told alll three clubs they are not interested in dragging through a pre season draft scenario. They have also told all three clubs they will not accept existing players being cleared to make necessary room to front end.
The HFC can satisfy all these issues.

I understand he remains our main focus until he tells us otherwise. The good thing is we are well prepared for multiple outcomes despite what some of our so called supporters on this forum talk crap about.

This is an excellent point. I asked a similar question and we believe based on “intel we get around this stuff” we have advantage the Tigs have conceded we have and are genuinely concerned. They have no doubt attempted to improve their position, but they have got to keep a position that does not constrain them in a very tight TPP for the next three years. In other words over investing in one player. Remember Conors has other Tigs clients.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/will-the-hawks-end-up-landing-a-big-fish-trade-and-fa-news-discussion.1187847/page-299#post-57513764

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
The problem is tho is Lynch willing to go there I don't think so and can't see suns matching it why match it to be worse of with a pick and keep a guy unhappy.

Dougeytherichmondfan

It’s a done deal; all parties have ticked off on in incl GC. There’s no spanner in the works.

The notion that they match anything up to a mill is laughable. So, what if we offer a million and 1 for Lynch?

Won’t affect their compo pick. Just  :shh

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Is our offer really 1mil per season? Thought the reports were that collingwoods last offer of 1.1 was significantly higher than ours which would make more sense if our offer was 800k like i read somewhere else. Although i guess that could have been on a longer term deal i.e 7 years rather than the 5 we've supposedly offered.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
It’s a done deal; all parties have ticked off on in incl GC. There’s no spanner in the works.

The notion that they match anything up to a mill is laughable. So, what if we offer a million and 1 for Lynch?

The AFL would make sure the Suns got a 1st round compo even if we were paying him $400k.  :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

The AFL would make sure the Suns got a 1st round compo even if we weren't paying him at all.   :shh
EFA
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
No way he will go Pies now with their culture. He's better than that

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers pursuing free agent Sun Tom Lynch / Offered $5.5m over 6 years [merged]
« Reply #774 on: August 26, 2018, 01:19:48 PM »
SEN yesterday reported that it’s a done deal - Lynch to Richmond for 6 years @ 5.5 million.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
SEN yesterday reported that it’s a done deal - Lynch to Richmond for 6 years @ 5.5 million.

If true especially the $$$ that is cheap
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1033526806618361857

He can barely keep a straight face.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
The past few weeks shows why we need and are after Lynch. With Jack playing more like a CHF these days, we need another deeper bigger marking target closer to goal when we bomb it long inside 50.

The 6-6-6 rule change expected to come in next year will also advantage taller marking forward targets.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dougeytherichmondfan

Amazing if that’s true.

Is there a link?