Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 411752 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #2220 on: September 03, 2023, 09:40:20 PM »
Have not learnt a thing from our past and other clubs.

Yes im a big advocate of rebuild and drafting and playing kids but fmd you have to keep some quality older players around them.

We need to get games into kids before all the experience is gone we need them to learn from the likes of Lynch. Such a shame we have not had the vision to this while both Jack and Tom were there.

Who the hell are going to guide the kids once Dusty LynchY Dylan are gone.Few of the current crop aged 25 thru 28 thats for sure.

Eject all the experience too quick and we will do a Carlton or Essendon or tigers teams of the long past.
The future is to evolve not totally start again by getting rid of the cilture and experience in one go.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2221 on: September 03, 2023, 09:52:30 PM »
How the hell did Tom Brown go from 186cm 77kg in 2022 to what 193cm 81kg in 2023.

Now he looks 186 cm to me and he looks a running type more of the Rioli role than Grimes role to me even if he was 193cm lol.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2222 on: September 03, 2023, 10:27:52 PM »
i never wanted jack to retire. FFS this guy kicked over 30 goals as the main guy. He would have been perfect playing 10 games next year alongside Bauer and Lynch in 2024, assuming lynch even comes back for a full yesr.

The club made some very poor decisions post 2022 and its coming home to roost.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2223 on: September 08, 2023, 08:58:49 PM »
Tom was at the AFLW tonight watching his Beth playing

Had a chat.

Interesting what you find out when you talk the to the person in the moonboot and the actual injury

But no point in saying anything as people will just tell me his was lying to me and it's all Meehan's fault
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2224 on: September 08, 2023, 09:12:14 PM »
Yep, i also caught up with him today and he said the moon boot is off in the next 2 weeks. Such a nice person  :clapping

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2225 on: September 09, 2023, 01:27:35 AM »

Had a chat.

Interesting what you find out when you talk the to the person in the moonboot and the actual injury

But no point in saying anything as people will just tell me his was lying to me and it's all Meehan's fault
Not all of us are like that

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2226 on: September 09, 2023, 01:46:00 AM »
Yep, i also caught up with him today and he said the moon boot is off in the next 2 weeks. Such a nice person  :clapping
loves a quiet beer when he's on the coast
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2227 on: September 09, 2023, 08:21:02 PM »

Had a chat.

Maybe silly question but I'd be fascinated how other approach our players for a chat. Personally I don't do it, not out of being righteous but probably out of fear of being blown off and having a negative experience with someone I've loved following and supporting.

Do you introduce yourself as a Tiger member? Do you talk footy or other interests eg: Toms racehorse. Be interested in how others strike up a chat.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2228 on: September 09, 2023, 08:43:30 PM »
WP's a coterie member - they get special access & privileges, secret code words & handshakes etc..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2229 on: September 09, 2023, 09:54:31 PM »
:shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2230 on: September 09, 2023, 10:41:44 PM »
WP's a coterie member - they get special access & privileges, secret code words & handshakes etc..... :shh

A rather silly statement by you I am not a coterie member haven't been for a few years now

But whatever

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2231 on: September 09, 2023, 11:14:44 PM »

Maybe silly question but I'd be fascinated how other approach our players for a chat. Personally I don't do it, not out of being righteous but probably out of fear of being blown off and having a negative experience with someone I've loved following and supporting.

Do you introduce yourself as a Tiger member? Do you talk footy or other interests eg: Toms racehorse. Be interested in how others strike up a chat.

Not a silly question

Firstly I have being doing player sponsorship for nearly 20 years now. It is not a coterie thing despite what some think. Anyone can do it. My first one was given to me as a birthday gift. I've kept it up since then.

One of the benefits is we get an annual dinner with the players. You get to sit down with your player and that's how the chats start. Personally I don't talk footy, prefer to talk about things outside footy. But that's me. Others people just talk footy to them. Some players are exceptionally friendly, others are introverts and incredibly shy. Then there are a few that are just rude. Fortunately,  I've been very lucky and have had great blokes that I've sponsored.

BTW I don't sponsor Tom Lynch.

So Friday night he happened to be sitting about 3 seats to my left with his folks. He is at most AFLW games to watch his sister. I've spoken to him before at AFLW games, hes very approachable. Anyway he needed to go past me to get back to his seat so I just asked how much longer he'd be in the infamous moonboot for. He answered about 2 more weeks and he was looking forward to getting out of it. I asked about the 2nd surgery and he went through what was involved in that. We then joked about him not being able to get back on the golf course for a while yet

And funny story about players. Friend of mine was on the same flight back to Melbourne after the Port game with the players. They were sitting in their seat when a voice says "excuse me please ". They look up and it's Dusty. My friend is normally a chatter but was completely tongue tied when the great man spoke  ;D

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2232 on: September 10, 2023, 01:10:34 AM »
Great question Tigerland . You asked something I’ve wondered about
WP thanks for your insight , it’s these types of interactions that give us a much better picture of the people we love watching and supporting every week

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2233 on: September 10, 2023, 11:30:42 AM »
This is off topic a little bit - certainly nothing to do with Tom Lynch .

But after WP shared his latest exchange with Tom , I have to share this story.

Last May I relented and got my son a puppy for his 12th birthday. He’s quickly become a much loved member of our family.  Most evenings we head down to our local dog park - as you can imagine there’s a real community down there . Lots of dogs , people of all ages .

Anyhow , over the period of a couple of weeks I started chatting to a young guy ( around 30) Just superficial conversation about dogs . Our dogs seemed to connect with each other and he was very kind to my son . I met his girlfriend and she made a big fuss over my puppy.

I kept thinking- this guy looks so familiar. He certainly had that look of an elite athlete. I finally decided it was time to introduce myself. Hi I’m Matt , I’m Elliot was his response. It was Elliot Yeo .

When I got home , I immediately rang my old man who’s mad West Coast . He thought it was amazing.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2234 on: September 10, 2023, 12:50:31 PM »
Hey mat great story too.
Have you seen and or spoken to him since?