Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 411885 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #2280 on: January 03, 2024, 11:42:30 PM »
Adem Yze's first game in charge of the Tigers is set to feature superstar Tom Lynch as he fights back from injury.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1742454627420021214

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1742453712189075919

Progressing to running on grass next week.
Back in full training by end of Feb.
Lynch reckons he'll be fine for round 1 (OR).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2281 on: January 07, 2024, 01:46:30 PM »
Thinking about Tom Lynch’s 2019 prelim performance 🐯

19 disposals
12 score involvements
10 marks (6 inside 50, 4 contested)
5 goals
100% TOG
149 SC

It actually doesn’t get spoken about enough.

https://twitter.com/aflcentral1/status/1743507825568199067

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2282 on: January 10, 2024, 10:03:23 PM »
Lynch will kick under 30 goals says Kane Cornes

“Tom Lynch from Richmond will kick under 30 goals in 2024.

“He’s just started running on a treadmill, he’s not even running on grass yet.

“He’s 31, he had surgery back in July, it’s going to be a rough year for Richmond and Tom Lynch.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/01/09/hold-me-to-it-cornes-and-edmund-make-some-massive-predictions-for-2024/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2283 on: January 13, 2024, 12:00:30 AM »

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2284 on: January 13, 2024, 12:15:30 AM »
Don’t look much like a treadmill to me Kano? What a douche bag.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2285 on: January 13, 2024, 09:31:09 AM »

Kane needs to do his research

the special Altra-g machine (not treadmill) before Xmas and in the New Year outdoor running andceasing into training.

It's been well documented, so as I said Kane really needs to do his research or read a newspaper or watch the news ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2286 on: January 15, 2024, 09:23:45 AM »

the special Altra-g machine (not treadmill) before Xmas and in the New Year outdoor running andceasing into training.

It's been well documented, so as I said Kane really needs to do his research or read a newspaper or watch the news ::)

Kane Cornes reading??  :rollin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2287 on: January 15, 2024, 08:16:08 PM »

Kane Cornes reading??  :rollin

Oops sorry, my mistake  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2288 on: January 15, 2024, 09:55:46 PM »
THE CURIOUS TIMELINE OF TOM LYNCH'S FOOT INJURY - AND WHEN HE MAY RETURN

BY SEN
15 January 2024

Tom Lynch has resumed running laps of Punt Road Oval as he prepares to return to playing in 2024.

But the details and extent of his foot injury – which have now played out for over nine months – offer a curious insight into what Lynch has been battling.

The 31-year-old fractured his foot against the Western Bulldogs in Round 4, 2023 and hasn’t played since.

He’s targeting a return in Opening Round, a timeline that has been repeatedly pushed back.

Here’s what Lynch and the Tigers have said throughout.

April 9, 2023

“Scans have revealed that Richmond key forward Tom Lynch has a fracture in his right foot,” a club statement read after Round 4.

“Lynch sustained the injury during the second quarter of yesterday's match against the Western Bulldogs.

“The Club will have a clearer indication of the injury's timeline following surgery.”

April 11, 2023

The Age reports Richmond is bracing for Tom Lynch to miss between 10-12 weeks, which would see the star forward return for up to nine games to end the season.

June 4, 2023

Speaking to AFL Media, Lynch forecast a return late in the season.

“It still won't be (until) after the bye (in round 15). I think a couple after then, so still a while left,” Lynch said.

“But I'm looking forward to getting back.

“I've had other injuries in the past where you're always working on it. Like a hamstring, you're straight in (to rehab). But with a broken foot, you've just got to let it heal, obviously.

“So I'm doing all the fun stuff; swimming, Grinder (resistance machine), all the stuff that AFL players love doing. That's pretty much been me the last six weeks.”

June 28, 2023

Richmond remained non-committal to a return date almost two months after Lynch’s initial injury, but were still hopeful of having him back during the season.

“The bone healing process takes time, and we want to be absolutely certain that it is right before we step up Tom's training load,” Richmond high performance manager Luke Meehan said.

“While we remain hopeful that we can get him back at some stage later in the season, it is still difficult to put an exact timeframe on right now.”

July 13, 2023

More than two months after breaking his foot, Richmond ruled Lynch out for the remainder of 2023.

He underwent surgery, with the Tigers wanting to have Lynch “fit and firing for the long term”.

“Tom is such a significant player for us, so it is important that we get this right,” Richmond general manager football performance Tim Livingstone said.

“We have monitored the bone throughout the season, and the healing process has been slow – but we have not wavered from the beginning that the priority would be Tom's long-term health.

“It is frustrating because we would love to have Tom playing for us, but even more, we want him fit and firing for the long term.

“This course of action has been recommended by our medical staff and will give Tom the time required to get this right for the future.”

October 6, 2023

Lynch himself told reporters he expected to be with Richmond’s main training group in January.

“I won't be with the main group pre-season day one,” Lynch said.

“But I'll build throughout pre-Christmas, then I imagine post-Christmas I'll be with the main group.

“It's a very long way off, but all things going well I'll be no worries at all for round one.”

He added: “With feet, they can just take a long time to heal.

“So it just didn't recover and then when it wasn't going to get back for this year, we decided to take the plate out, so that's why I've been in a moon boot since.

“The plate's come out and we've had to look after it, so it's taken a lot longer than we thought, but it's all on track now.”

November 6, 2023

Lynch provided another update a month later, suggesting he would be running in December.

“I’m really good… I’m not running yet but in another sort of three or four weeks I’ll start on the AlterG and then start progressing from there,” he told Wide World Of Sports.

“It’s really positive.”

December 19, 2023

Fellow Tiger Jayden Short told reporters Lynch had been running and impressing teammates prior to Christmas.

“It's been a long time for Tom and for anyone who has spent a long time in rehab it's pretty painful," Short said.

“But his attitude throughout the whole time has been second to none.

“Just rocking up every day with a smile, he's been amazing.

Stay up to date with all the latest news from SEN. Sign up HERE.

“It's good to see him back running and I'm looking forward to being able to kick it to him again.”

Days later, Richmond assistant Chris Newman told SEN: “It's been a patient sort of build-up for him and he's in a really good place training.

“He’s ticking the boxes that need to be ticked right now. It was a bit of a milestone getting on the AlterG machine the other day and the players rallied around that, they love seeing him progress.

“He's trending in the right direction. We're hopeful but also treading carefully in terms of building him back to game-fit conditions.”

January 3, 2024

The first definitive timeline from Lynch, telling 7News he was confident of a return in Opening Round.

“I'm running on AlterG, so that's going well, and then I'll progress in the next week to on grass,” Lynch said.

“(It's) all positive. We've been a little bit conservative at the moment, but my strength and everything is really good.

“I think it (the foot) will be fine for Round 1.

“I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get up to speed pretty quickly.”

The Tigers struggled without Lynch in 2023 and head into 2024 missing fellow tall forward Jack Riewoldt after his retirement.

Lynch has kicked 456 goals from 216 games and new coach Adem Yze has previously hailed his importance to the side.

Only once has he played more than 19 games in a season at Richmond.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/01/15/the-curious-timeline-of-tom-lynchs-foot-injury-and-when-he-may-return/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2289 on: January 17, 2024, 07:47:18 PM »
Vision of Lynch running laps of Punt Rd.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1747407486788026824

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2290 on: January 23, 2024, 10:43:11 PM »
Tigers spearhead takes another step on road to recovery

Tom Lynch is back running after a foot injury derailed most of his 2023 season

By Alison O'Connor
afl.com.au
23 Jan 2024

RICHMOND'S Tom Lynch has made significant progress in his recovery from a foot injury, with the important key forward back running.

Lynch missed most of the 2023 season due to a slow recovery after breaking his right foot against the Western Bulldogs in round four.

The 31-year-old booted nine goals in the opening four rounds of the season on the back of a standout 2022, where he kicked 63 goals in his best return since joining the Tigers at the end of 2018.

Richmond midfielder Jack Graham said it was going to be "pretty handy" to have Lynch back in the side, following the retirement of fellow forward Jack Riewoldt.

"It's great just to see Tom out and about and running on grass for the first time in about eight months," Graham told reporters on Tuesday.

"It's been tough for him but at the same time you probably wouldn't know what he's been through, with the energy and the vibe he brings to the club.

"He rocks up everyday with a smile on his face, so to see him progress and get out onto the field, it's great.

"It's going to be pretty handy to have big 'Lynchy' back."

While Graham is excited to see the spearhead nearing a return, Tigers physical performance manager Luke Meehan said last week that it would continue to be a slow build for the key forward, with the Tigers focussing on ensuring the star's long-term availability.

"We all want to get Tom out there and into the footy drills as soon as possible, but we need to understand that he had a really long period off, he had eight months without running," Meehan said.

"He's going to work his tail off to get back as soon as he can, but we need to be really smart and have Tom available for as long as possible this year."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1073599/richmond-tigers-spearhead-tom-lynch-takes-another-step-on-road-to-recovery

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2291 on: January 26, 2024, 01:58:10 PM »
Will be like a new recruit 😂
Unleash the tornado

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2292 on: February 06, 2024, 01:26:07 PM »
Reportedly ruled out for R1

Word is that Kosi hasn't been impressive so far too

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2293 on: February 06, 2024, 01:28:08 PM »
Were stuffed

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Lynch to Miss Round Zero against Suns
« Reply #2294 on: February 06, 2024, 01:43:21 PM »

Tigers spearhead out of Round Zero reunion with Hardwick

ByMarc McGowan
February 6, 2024 — 1.11pm

Richmond spearhead Tom Lynch will not be part of the Tigers’ “Round Zero” reunion with former coach Damien Hardwick’s new club Gold Coast next month.

Lynch will instead set his sights on playing five days later against Carlton in Richmond’s traditional season opener on March 14, but hinted there was even a chance he might not be ready until round two, when Adem Yze’s men host Port Adelaide at the MCG.

The 31-year-old has undergone multiple foot surgeries in a “frustrating” period since last playing in round four last season, and his absence was a major reason Richmond failed to make the finals.

“All things are tracking well, [but] I’ve clearly missed a lot of football,” Lynch said.

“I need to get some good training under my belt and some of that football conditioning. We don’t want to rush back. We want to get as many games this year as we can, and if I miss opening round, so be it.

“My foot and bone’s completely healed – it’s just getting conditioning [that it needs]. Clearly, I haven’t run for nine months, so I need to get a lot of miles back in my leg. If we wanted to really push, we’d get up for that Round Zero, but we want to get myself playing the whole year ... I’ll be cherry ripe once I get out there.”

Lynch said there would not be a management plan, such as sitting out the odd game, once he did return to the field.

The Tigers are set to roll out a new-look attack in the post-Jack Riewoldt era in 2024, with first-year coach Yze reviving Hardwick’s past experiment of playing usual defender Noah Balta up forward

Ex-Hawthorn recruit Jacob Koschitzke appears to have the inside running on the other key-position spot, with Samson Ryan also an option to help Lynch kick a winning score.

“Noah’s been really good. He’s trained well, and obviously, we got ‘Kosi’ in from Hawthorn, and he’s doing a great job, and they’ve been able to get a lot of training under the belt together and are forming a really good partnership so far,” Lynch said.

“Noah is a great talent. He’s at the point in his career where I feel like he’s going to take the next step and really develop into a consistent player.

“At his best, we know how good a player he is. He’s played a bit of forward, [but] he’s predominantly played his career down back. ‘Ooze’ (Yze) really likes him forward and pitching in, in the ruck, where he can use that athleticism and power.”

Lynch, a former Sun, would have liked to play in the club’s first clash with Hardwick, and was full of praise for the triple premiership coach.

“Dimma’s had a massive impact on my life and certainly Richmond Football Club,” he said.

“He’s an incredible coach but obviously, he’s gone to the Gold Coast. It would have been great to play against him, and it will obviously be different, but we know at footy clubs, you have to move on pretty quickly. Guys come and go every year, that’s the nature of the business.”

There is intrigue about how the Tigers will perform under Yze, particularly after winning only 10 games and slumping to 13th place last season.

Koschitzke was the sole trade-period addition after Richmond recruited ex-Giants Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper on seven-year deals in 2022.

Those acquisitions played a role in the club not making its first pick in last year’s draft until number 40

“At this time of year, everyone feels like they’re going really well. We feel like we’ve had a great pre-season,” Lynch said.

“‘Ooze’ [has taken over] and we’ve got ‘Newy’ [Chris Newman] and ‘Ziebs’ [Jack Ziebell] come in as new coaches, and they’ve brought some fresh ideas, and I think it’s really got the boys excited and energised, so we’ll put no ceiling on it.

“We’ve got a bit of work to do.

“Last year, we clearly didn’t make finals, so we’ve been working our arses off to try and get back, and we’ll see how we go … the proof will be in the pudding.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-spearhead-out-of-round-zero-reunion-with-hardwick-20240206-p5f2qv.html