Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 450499 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #540 on: July 29, 2016, 09:24:31 AM »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #541 on: July 29, 2016, 09:28:05 AM »
The style of footy we play must put players off coming to us surely.

Is the RFC that dumb they cannot see this?

We are stuck with Dimma for at least another year, he still has time to turn this around if only he wasn't so stubborn.

The game the other week against the Dogs was good to watch even if we did lose. He played the kids and seemed to let them play with a little more flair. Since then it looks like he has gone back to what got us to where we are today.

Play to your strengths, take some chances and at the very least the game is exciting to watch.
We have some decent kids coming through IMO and now is the time to ease out the list blockers like Grigg and Hunt. Not bring in Houli.
Hurley is not coming because of a ridiculous low ball pitch by Dan the man. The senior playing group did their bit to get him to us but Dan lives in the "Geelong circa 2009" era where he feels that all players must accept unders to build a premiership side... :shh

You serious?
Yep.  This is what a good source has told me and he is usually on the money.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #542 on: July 29, 2016, 09:36:38 AM »

We are stuck with Dimma for at least another year, he still has time to turn this around if only he wasn't so stubborn.

The game the other week against the Dogs was good to watch even if we did lose. He played the kids and seemed to let them play with a little more flair. Since then it looks like he has gone back to what got us to where we are today.

Play to your strengths, take some chances and at the very least the game is exciting to watch.
We have some decent kids coming through IMO and now is the time to ease out the list blockers like Grigg and Hunt. Not bring in Houli.
Hurley is not coming because of a ridiculous low ball pitch by Dan the man. The senior playing group did their bit to get him to us but Dan lives in the "Geelong circa 2009" era where he feels that all players must accept unders to build a premiership side... :shh

You serious?

Thanks.   

:'(

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: July 29, 2016, 11:36:37 AM »
Barlow has a very serious sholder injury and is rated only a 50% chance of resurrecting his AFL career.

Buyer beware.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #544 on: July 29, 2016, 11:37:47 AM »
how about buyer avoid even
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #545 on: July 29, 2016, 11:52:48 AM »
We have to stop looking at these players, they are moved on from their current clubs be cause they are finished or not part of long term successful plans. Barlow has had his day in the sun, move on.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #546 on: July 29, 2016, 11:53:51 AM »
Well he is/was a mad Richmond supporter...can't see it though but gee.. :pray

We are due some luck ...

He good enough to carry the duds too
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #547 on: July 29, 2016, 01:24:51 PM »
forget Barlow at his age, hit the Draft instead

tony_montana

« Reply #548 on: July 29, 2016, 01:34:07 PM »

You serious?

I believe this, havent heard the reasoning but have heard that we're not in the running.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #549 on: July 29, 2016, 02:00:05 PM »
Chris Mayne.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #550 on: July 29, 2016, 05:52:34 PM »

You serious?

He means to say he read it on big footy  :shh

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: July 29, 2016, 06:43:38 PM »
We continue to ignore our kpp situation. FFS trade for a couple of  quality kpps or are we going to rely on the likes of Chaplin  astbury Elton  Vickery again.Are we gunna hope Griffiths after how many tears finds some decent consistency.
This draft is chock a block full of mids but is light on for talls.Address the areas that should be addressed first and we should be able to pick up a decent mid or two late in the draft.
I'd have absolutely no problem if every one of them you named were moved on.
Yep. I would take Prestia for pick 8 in a heartbeat.
If we do use our 1st for Prestia then we should be getting 1 of there 2nd rounders as change I would think.

Everyone had been talking Hurley.
What do you think of Eric McKenzie at west coast.
Was almost A/A IN 2014.Did his knee just before the first round in 2015 and missed all of that year.He has taken some time to get back this year and has been a little on the outer. WCE have McGovern, Brown, Schofield Barass and McKenzie is the one on the outer atm.
He has shown himself to be a very high quality defender and would suit our needs down to the ground. Would be in his ear if i was in charge at the club and at least letting him know we are very interested.

Would also be asking Gws about both Tomlinson and Corr.Both have struggled to get regular games for various reasons, i know Corr had his share of injury and has struggled for form because of them.

If we managed to get all three our spine and kpp structure goes from poor to looking pretty decent.

B/ #### - McKenzie - Corr
HB/ #### - Rance - ####

HF/ Moore - Tomlinson - ####
FF/ #### - Riewoldt -  Griffiths

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: July 29, 2016, 06:44:49 PM »
Barlow has a very serious sholder injury and is rated only a 50% chance of resurrecting his AFL career.

Buyer beware.

Sounds perfect

Right up our alley

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #553 on: July 29, 2016, 06:53:59 PM »
We continue to ignore our kpp situation. FFS trade for a couple of  quality kpps or are we going to rely on the likes of Chaplin  astbury Elton  Vickery again.Are we gunna hope Griffiths after how many tears finds some decent consistency.
This draft is chock a block full of mids but is light on for talls.Address the areas that should be addressed first and we should be able to pick up a decent mid or two late in the draft.
I'd have absolutely no problem if every one of them you named were moved on.
Yep. I would take Prestia for pick 8 in a heartbeat.
If we do use our 1st for Prestia then we should be getting 1 of there 2nd rounders as change I would think.

Everyone had been talking Hurley.
What do you think of Eric McKenzie at west coast.
Was almost A/A IN 2014.Did his knee just before the first round in 2015 and missed all of that year.He has taken some time to get back this year and has been a little on the outer. WCE have McGovern, Brown, Schofield Barass and McKenzie is the one on the outer atm.
He has shown himself to be a very high quality defender and would suit our needs down to the ground. Would be in his ear if i was in charge at the club and at least letting him know we are very interested.

Would also be asking Gws about both Tomlinson and Corr.Both have struggled to get regular games for various reasons, i know Corr had his share of injury and has struggled for form because of them.

If we managed to get all three our spine and kpp structure goes from poor to looking pretty decent.

B/ #### - McKenzie - Corr
HB/ #### - Rance - ####

HF/ Moore - Tomlinson - ####
FF/ #### - Riewoldt -  Griffiths
Massive yes to McKenzie- can play and would be perfect to help out Rance.
Tomlinson- yes too but what is he worth! Our first pick??
Corr- no thanks, haven't seen anything to tell me he will be a good player.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #554 on: July 29, 2016, 07:27:02 PM »
If a player can not get a game at his current club there is a good chance he will be a list clogger at Richmond . The strategy of turning horse manure into strawberry jam does not , refer to our 30 year recruiting history
A and B graders or invest in the draft. If a player is not going to be a regular player I don't know why we hold onto him either.