Author Topic: Ask Santa: What Tiger presents do you want for Xmas?  (Read 893 times)

Offline Santa

• I'm coming your way
  • Future Richmond star
  • The big fella in red who travels by reindeer
Ask Santa: What Tiger presents do you want for Xmas?
« on: December 23, 2021, 03:49:24 AM »
Only a couple of days to go. What would the good folk of OER like for Christmas from the big fella in red?
No returns accepted after Xmas

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Ask Santa: What Tiger presents do you want for Xmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 03:53:14 AM »
Tiger Christmas wishlist according to Foxsports and SEN:

RICHMOND

Christmas wishlist: A trampoline … for a quick bounce

It’d take a brave pundit to back against Richmond rebounding in 2022 – the question is how far back up the ladder Damien Hardwick can get them. The Tigers will be bolstered by a full pre-season for the first time in a long time, while Ivan Soldo should return at some stage in the season to offer some more structural integrity to the side. Dustin Martin will hopefully be back on the field and ready to fire and veteran Robbie Tarrant’s arrival from North Melbourne will bolster the key defensive stocks – there’s no reason why the Tigers shouldn’t launch back up the ladder. It’s a question of how big the rebound is … Tigers fans will be hoping it’s seismic.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-every-afl-clubs-wishlist-for-2022-season-bradley-hill-contract-lance-franklin-record/news-story/d775f47261ffc2b643ea37016baac1fb

---------------------------------------

A fair crack with injuries

The Tigers copped a fairly raw deal in 2021 on the injury front.

It eventually became too much to handle and denied them any chance of getting anywhere near an unlikely three-peat.

The list profile is in good shape and should still have the club around the mark in terms of a finals assault, but they will need luck in the medical room.

If Richmond gets bulk games out of the likes of Dustin Martin, Dion Prestia, Shane Edwards, Kane Lambert, Nick Vlastuin, Toby Nankervis, Noah Balta and Nathan Broad, then they could have a serious say in 2022.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/12/22/what-each-afl-club-wants-for-christmas-2021/

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 10:30:49 AM »
I got what I so very much wanted on Tuesday so won't be bothering you for this Saturday

Tuesday I made it to Brisbane to spend the day with my family. First time we've been together in 7 months.

Even the stress of waiting of a PCR test result for over 50 hours was worth it :santa
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 12:16:33 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2021, 01:38:09 PM »
All I want for Christmas is... every club's 2022 wish list

What's Santa bringing for your club this Christmas?

Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
24 December 2021

RICHMOND

Robbie Tarrant's elusive All-Australian blazer would look nice under the Tigers' Christmas tree. Overlooked by selectors most notably in his 2016 best and fairest season with North Melbourne, Tarrant is among the best AFL players without All-Australian status after 174 games. It's a big ask at 32, but a career-best season from the new Tiger would go a long way to wrenching the Tigers' premiership window back open, especially after the retirement of triple premiership hero David Astbury.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/693461/all-i-want-for-christmas-is-every-club-s-2022-wish-list