Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 410490 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #1950 on: May 12, 2022, 02:59:29 PM »
Not having a shot here in fact i dont think i have criticised Lynch at any time.
Just a bit of caution if you like he has kicked half his his goals in the last two weeks against sides with badly undermanned defences.

Yeah i know you can only play against the defences that are thrown up against ya and thats good he took em apart but just a bit of perspective thrown in here.

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1951 on: May 12, 2022, 03:20:59 PM »
Cant agree with that - he kicked his goals last week on the All-Australian Darcy Moore.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1952 on: May 12, 2022, 05:01:24 PM »
Wasn't McGovern on him vs WCE? 4xAA

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1953 on: May 12, 2022, 05:44:53 PM »
McGovern wasn't. Bloke doesn't play on anyone. Barely saw him when we played them
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1954 on: May 12, 2022, 08:23:35 PM »
McGovern wasn't. Bloke doesn't play on anyone. Barely saw him when we played them

You trying to make me watch the replay?

Twisting my arm?

Fine, I'll watch it again :D

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1955 on: May 12, 2022, 08:53:35 PM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1956 on: May 14, 2022, 06:30:04 PM »
Lynch in ripper form. I think that's 17 goals in his last three games. Another 4 today and he gave off two assists as well. Sicily is a top player so Tom wasn't playing on some dud either.

Just wished Lynch didn't have the early game yips again. He could've kicked 4 in the first quarter and six/seven for the match.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1957 on: May 14, 2022, 06:32:15 PM »
Could have had more if players lowered their eyes in the 4th. So many times players chose to have a shot at goal when lynch was either completely free or had space very close to goal. Mcintosh and Rioli just to name a couple.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1958 on: May 14, 2022, 07:55:54 PM »
The media are trying to ping Lynch for Impey going off the ground via the blood rule even though it was just incidental/accidental contact in a contest  ::).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1959 on: May 14, 2022, 08:25:24 PM »
All-Australian candidates Tom Lynch and James Sicily continued their brilliant starts to 2022 and were two of the best players on the ground, despite spending 120 minutes going head to head at the MCG.

Hardwick found it difficult to score the battle in either favour, but was pleased his spearhead produced another impactful performance on the scoreboard, adding four goals to extend his lead in the Coleman Medal race by moving to 31 after nine games.

"If you had of said to me at the start of the day that Tom kicks four goals I would have taken that most days. But in fairness, Sicily is a really good player as well," he said.

"I think what we're seeing with Tom and Darcy [Moore] last week is there are some really good match ups that we're liking. Tom is in really, really good form. He has come up against some players who are in good form as well. He has had a great season for us thus far."

Source: AFL website
-------------------

"It was a really good match-up. I'm sure the fans appreciated it," said Hawks coach Sam Mitchell.

"They're two brilliant players aren't they?

"Lynch has been in fantastic form ... to keep him to (four goals) doesn't sound great on the stats sheet, but it could have easily been a lot more goals than that.

"'Sic' did a really good job - he's leading really well for us."

https://www.centralwesterndaily.com.au/story/7738212/sicily-impresses-in-hawks-loss-to-tigers/?cs=12221

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1960 on: May 14, 2022, 09:31:18 PM »
Another great game today.

He's actually had a really good season thus far

That's all I'll say
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1961 on: May 15, 2022, 01:22:16 AM »
Going out on a limb there, WP. :shh

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1962 on: May 15, 2022, 01:28:11 AM »
Saw the vision again. Forearm/elbow to the head, drew some blood. Might be in some trouble old tommy boy.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1963 on: May 15, 2022, 10:17:41 AM »
Saw the vision again. Forearm/elbow to the head, drew some blood. Might be in some trouble old tommy boy.

Can't help but agree. Lifted his elbow to fend off the tackle. Could be a spot of bother.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1964 on: May 15, 2022, 10:38:23 AM »

Can't help but agree. Lifted his elbow to fend off the tackle. Could be a spot of bother.

Yep.
1 or 2 weeks on the sidelines