Author Topic: VFL R6: Richmond vs Coburg @ Piranha Park, Sat. May 4  (Read 1197 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: VFL R6: Richmond vs Coburg @ Piranha Park, Sat. May 4
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2024, 04:44:58 PM »
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1548520/vfl-report-round-6

:shh

A few won’t be happy about the following  :thumbsup :thumbsup

Noah Cumberland (14 disposals, seven contested possessions, six marks, four inside-50s, six tackles, one goal)

“Noah could have absolutely torn the game to shreds. He had seven shots on goal and pleasingly had a game-high six tackles. If he can make more of his opportunities in front of goals, he is clearly the best player on the ground.”

Actually happy with this as his last half was very good. Clean up his kicking and engage for 4 quarters and he might get a game.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2024, 04:48:30 PM »
Going off of last months tackle stats he's the best defensive forward at the club now... :shh

Must be picked in the seniors :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2024, 05:22:31 PM »

Noah Cumberland (14 disposals, seven contested possessions, six marks, four inside-50s, six tackles, one goal)

“Noah could have absolutely torn the game to shreds. He had seven shots on goal and pleasingly had a game-high six tackles. If he can make more of his opportunities in front of goals, he is clearly the best player on the ground.”

But don’t you see the problem mate ? No one denies he has talent but If Cumberland can make the most of his opportunities then he can be the best player in a vfl game. Hasn’t that always been his problem, making the most of his opportunities ? His last few games at afl level were underwhelming to say the least. Deserves a crack like everyone else has had but needs to grab it with both hands

That's great - now explain why Dow keeps getting picked ...or one game wonder Polo Campbell.....or even why MRJ got a gig in round one when he came back unfit and was awful in the pre-season games.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2024, 06:28:51 PM »

But don’t you see the problem mate ? No one denies he has talent but If Cumberland can make the most of his opportunities then he can be the best player in a vfl game. Hasn’t that always been his problem, making the most of his opportunities ? His last few games at afl level were underwhelming to say the least. Deserves a crack like everyone else has had but needs to grab it with both hands

That's great - now explain why Dow keeps getting picked ...or one game wonder Polo Campbell.....or even why MRJ got a gig in round one when he came back unfit and was awful in the pre-season games.... :shh

Considering I said he deserves a chance like everyone else has had, I don’t think that question is warranted.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2024, 08:10:47 PM »
VFL Report: Round 6

By Richmond Media
12 hrs ago

Richmond VFL coach Steve Morris provides a summary of how the Tigers’ players performed in last Saturday’s Round 6 win over Coburg at Piranha Park. 

Lachlan Street (29 disposals, 86% disposal efficiency, eight marks, nine rebound-50s)

“Our skipper was again instrumental in our victory against Coburg on the weekend. He's in outstanding form in our backline and he used the ball beautifully on the day.”

Kane McAuliffe (22 disposals, 11 contested possessions, three marks, four inside-50s, five tackles, six clearances)

“Kane found the ball at will once again on the weekend. I felt as though he could have had a much bigger impact on the game, I think he's capable of much better and I’m looking forward to seeing him have a greater impact on the game next week.”

Kaleb Smith (19 disposals, 79% disposal efficiency, six marks, six rebound-50s, three clearances)

“Kaleb continues to improve. He probably didn't have his best game on the weekend, but his trajectory of late has been really promising. A few little starting point things that we can tidy up that will make a big difference to his game next week.”

Joel Garner (19 disposals, three marks, four inside-50s, six tackles, three clearances, one goal)

”Joel was solid in the midfield once again. He led the team with six tackles and is a real presence inside our midfield in a young group.”

Matthew Coulthard (18 disposals, nine marks, three inside-50s, one goal)

“I thought he had a really good game once again. His work rate is just outstanding, and there's great evidence to suggest that despite an interrupted preparation, he can still perform at a really high level.”

Mutaz El Nour (18 disposals, five marks, three rebound-50s)

“I thought Mutaz was outstanding again on the weekend. He sat out most of the first quarter after requiring treatment, but he had a season-high 13 possession gains. He is in some rare form down back.”

Tom Brindley (18 disposals, 94% disposal efficiency, seven marks, six rebound-50s)

“It was close to Tom's best game for the club. He used the ball brilliantly at over 90% and he was really strong. He read the ball well and he's one of our best runners, and that certainly stood out as well. It was a really complete performance from him and it’s pleasing to see him dominate the game from down back.”

Lachlan Wilson (18 disposals, 13 contested possessions, 78% disposal efficiency, seven inside-50s, six tackles, seven clearances, one goal)

“He once again got to work in and around the footy and he's become such an important part of our midfield and a much-loved player. He kicked a brilliant goal from the pocket at an important time in the game for us as well.”

Tom McCarthy (17 disposals, 88% disposal efficiency, four marks, four inside-50s)

“He made a really good start to his career at VFL level. He used the ball really well and was very clean at ground level. There are some system things that he'll improve on over the next little bit, but we’re really pleased with the start that he has made.”

James Trezise (17 disposals, 88% disposal efficiency, four marks, four rebound-50s)

“James has spent a fair bit of time out of the game, but it was pleasing to see him back out on the field. Whilst it wasn't his very best game, he certainly came back in pretty good form, being able to find the ball and win the ball back for us. Really excited about what he can do over the next month.”

Austin Johnson (15 disposals, 80% disposal efficiency, five marks, three rebound-50s, five inside-50s)

“Austin had another solid game without reaching the lofty heights that he has over the past month. He plays such an important role for us, and his leadership is going to be really important in the back half of the year as well.”

Samson Ryan (14 disposals, 12 contested possessions, five marks, seven clearances, 25 hit-outs, two goals)

“It was a big challenge for Samson coming up against one of the in-form ruckmen of the competition, and I thought it was a fantastic battle. he was able to hit the scoreboard and compete really well in the air in another good performance.”

Nick Guiney (13 disposals, 77% disposal efficiency, four marks)

“I’m really pleased with how Nick’s going. He is one of our more reliable players, and he's a much-loved player in our team. He plays our defensive system perfectly as you would have seen several times on the weekend.

Jacob Koschitzke (11 disposals, eight contested possessions, 82% disposal efficiency, four marks, seven hit-outs, two goals)

“Jacob had a fantastic start to the game. I thought he was influential in the first half and really got the ascendancy in the air. He probably faded out a little bit but showed that he is a step above VFL level when he's at his best.”

Nick Collier (11 disposals, 82% disposal efficiency, four marks)

“Nick had a great debut. There are a few things that we'll tidy up in terms of his running patterns, but it was great to see him calm and composed with footy in hand. Most of the day he runs the patterns that we are looking for him to run in a role that is a little bit foreign to him.”

Sam Davidson (11 disposals, seven contested possessions, four marks, three inside-50s)

“Sam is a unique player in the fact that he is the size of a key position player, but runs better than anyone on the field. You would have seen that in his work rate around the ground, consistently getting to contests that others couldn't. He also had a big impact despite a low possession count.”

Steely Green (10 disposals, five contested possessions)

“I’m really pleased with the way Steely's going. He played three quarters and played his role really well. We probably broke down a little bit in the last quarter when Steely wasn't playing the role that he had been assigned to for the first three quarters.”

Cam Olden (10 disposals, five contested possessions, three marks, three tackles, two goals)

“It was good to see Cam hit the scoreboard on the weekend, although we’re still waiting for Cam to reach the heights that he reached last season. He's starting to work himself into some decent form and he's going to be a big part of our charge in the second half of the season.”

Jed Feneley (eight disposals, 88% disposal efficiency, four marks, five rebound-50s)

“Jed was once again really sound in defence. His defensive actions are second to none. We'd love to see him progress from an offensive point of view over the coming weeks, as he has some real offensive weapons that we'd love to see start to come out.”

Archie May (seven disposals, 86% disposal efficiency, four marks, two goals)

“I thought Archie had some really big moments in the game. He kicked a couple of goals and probably could have kicked a couple more. He is progressing really nicely as a 19-year-old key forward playing at this level, and we’re really excited to see his progression as the season continues.”

Liam George (six disposals, two contested possessions, three marks)

“Liam's been fantastic in the first part of the year for us. He's just a wonderful kid to coach and a great teammate for those out on the field. He probably didn't have the impact that he would have liked on the game on the weekend, but he's made a fantastic start to his journey in Richmond colours.”

Chad Harris (four disposals, three contested possessions, 75% disposal efficiency, one rebound-50)

“Unfortunately, Chad went down with back spasms early on in the game and took no further part. Fingers crossed that he recovers really quickly from that, as he is a very important part of our backline, and his leadership is certainly something that we require down there.”

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)