Author Topic: Changes for the Eagles game next week?  (Read 6680 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes for the Eagles game next week?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2021, 11:52:20 AM »
In -  Miller he goes to Kennedy. It makes sense allows Balta to play on Darling and allows Grimes to play on Allen.
In Lambert Reckon it will be for Prestia i cannot see them risking another long out with hamstrings to Prestia.

Out Prestia, Houli.

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2021, 01:43:10 PM »
Kennedy would kick 10 on Miller!!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2021, 02:25:13 PM »
It will be
Kennedy >>> Balta
Darling >>> Grimes/Vlastuin
Allen >>> Broad

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2021, 03:16:36 PM »
Might as well delist him then if he cannot play KPD on A SIMILAR SIZED KPF. Is he or is he not a KPD.

I would have thought Miller is the ideal type to play on Kennedy especially with Grimes and Balta around to help out.

Looking for a match up
Kennedy 196/103. Strong hands very good on the lead this is where he does most of his damage.
Miller 198/98. Exceptionally quick for a bloke his size and should have Kennedy covered on the lead. Has been around three years is in year four  is getting bigger and stronger and going by the words out of the club is ready.

Could play Balta there but imo Balta with his athleticism and size is needed on Darling.

Allen is  a strong mark and mobile at 194/91 Grimes is the right fit. Neither Broad or Vlastuin are the right fits for any of the eagles talls and would just punch way too far out of their weight division imo.

If Astbury was fit he would get Kennedy Astbury is a slow cumbersome 195/95 yet we dont want Miller getting a game.
The time is now why are so many so averse to getting games into our kids in their right positions especially when we have injuries to a similar type.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2021, 03:56:22 PM »
Broad is 192cm and 90kgs. Not sure why he isn’t an option on Oscar Allen
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2021, 04:56:15 PM »
Well it could work like this:
Balta v Kennedy
Broad v Allen
Vlastuin v Darling

this leaves Grimes for the best small

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2021, 05:52:12 PM »
Might as well delist him then if he cannot play KPD on A SIMILAR SIZED KPF. Is he or is he not a KPD.

I would have thought Miller is the ideal type to play on Kennedy especially with Grimes and Balta around to help out.

Looking for a match up
Kennedy 196/103. Strong hands very good on the lead this is where he does most of his damage.
Miller 198/98. Exceptionally quick for a bloke his size and should have Kennedy covered on the lead. Has been around three years is in year four  is getting bigger and stronger and going by the words out of the club is ready.

Could play Balta there but imo Balta with his athleticism and size is needed on Darling.

Allen is  a strong mark and mobile at 194/91 Grimes is the right fit. Neither Broad or Vlastuin are the right fits for any of the eagles talls and would just punch way too far out of their weight division imo.

If Astbury was fit he would get Kennedy Astbury is a slow cumbersome 195/95 yet we dont want Miller getting a game.
The time is now why are so many so averse to getting games into our kids in their right positions especially when we have injuries to a similar type.
Broad is perfect for Allen for me no issue.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2021, 07:13:13 PM »
Balta v Kennedy
Broad v Allen
Vlastuin v Darling

I think Vlastuin is far too small for Darling. Will be giving up about 8kg of muscle.

Ideally we need to get games into Miller and move Astbury on.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2021, 07:37:46 PM »
HeraldSun is going with RCD being dropped if both Lambert & Prestia play.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2021, 09:10:51 PM »
Balta v Kennedy
Broad v Allen
Vlastuin v Darling

I think Vlastuin is far too small for Darling. Will be giving up about 8kg of muscle.

Agree. Floss too small for Darling.

If Astbury was fit he would've got Kennedy, Balta on Darling and Broad/Grimes on Allen.

With no Astbury then Balta gets Kennedy, Grimes will have take Darling and Broad on Allen.

Baker or Floss will have to close down Liam Ryan.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2021, 09:17:45 PM »
Balta v Kennedy
Broad v Allen
Vlastuin v Darling

If Astbury was fit he would've got Kennedy, Balta on Darling and Broad/Grimes on Allen.

With no Astbury then Balta gets Kennedy, Grimes will have take Darling and Broad on Allen.

Floss has played many a game on talls so no issues at all. The beauty with our defence is they can play on all types.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2021, 09:25:49 PM »
Balta v Kennedy
Broad v Allen
Vlastuin v Darling

Floss has played many a game on talls so no issues at all. The beauty with our defence is they can play on all types.
Geelong game says hi :help. Grimes didn't play and we used Astbury as a 2nd ruck/follower. That left Balta on one tall (Cameron from memory) and then Broad/Floss having to man Hawkins which allowed Rohan off the chain. The short on a big tall match-up didn't work and it unbalanced our whole backline.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2021, 09:46:33 PM »
Balta v Kennedy
Broad v Allen
Vlastuin v Darling

Geelong game says hi :help. Grimes didn't play and we used Astbury as a 2nd ruck/follower. That left Balta on one tall (Cameron from memory) and then Broad/Floss having to man Hawkins which allowed Rohan off the chain. The short on a big tall match-up didn't work and it unbalanced our whole backline.

If we had an additional kpd in astbury before his injury and plan to bring him back as soon as he’s fit I just don’t understand why we wouldn’t be playing a kpd in his place so that the mechanics of our team stay the same. Especially against what is probably the tallest forward line in the comp this week.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2021, 06:53:03 AM »
HeraldSun is going with RCD being dropped if both Lambert & Prestia play.

I noticed that the media are reporting that RCD looked tired against the bombers. I suppose they will say in support of this that he only had 59 percent game time against the bombers. As others on the forum have said this could have been for rotation reasons rather than alleged tired. If the Club thinks he needs to be rested then perhaps they should bring in Dow.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2021, 06:57:09 AM »
Balta v Kennedy
Broad v Allen
Vlastuin v Darling

Short played a good game on Tippa and I wonder if they would consider playing Short on Ryan.