Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium --- Round 5, 2024  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium --- Round 5, 2024
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2024, 08:50:39 PM »
Major list overhaul required. Expect it to happen over 2-3 years though. Need a KPD and a KPF and midfield power… so yeah we are in strife.

YOUNG is soft and poos himself under pressure. All those thinking Grimes can retire are kidding themselves

I don’t see what you’re saying ? Whether grimes is in the team or not we are a bottom 4 team..

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2024, 09:49:19 PM »
I didn't see a minute due to a social crisis but I'm glad to be honest

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2024, 10:23:48 PM »
When I boarded my flight, the score was 27-1 with under 2mins to play in the first. I’m not sure what’s more shocking, the fact that we ended up being thumped or how we somehow managed to give up not 1, not 2 but 3! goals in red time of Q1. Looks like we never recovered from there.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2024, 10:25:56 PM »
Anyway the loss is what it is. Will be a crap few seasons but dynasties always come at a cost.

How did the cubs go? Sonsie, Mcaulife, Brown, MRJ??

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2024, 10:30:18 PM »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2024, 11:26:29 PM »
lmao - clearly a verbal tick.... must be his version of "oh look they're a bloody good side"..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2024, 01:16:52 AM »
@mattricho0 has given his honest assessment following Richmond's heavy defeat to West Coast today.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/3AWisfootball/status/1779453317988446468

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2024, 02:50:29 AM »
lmao - clearly a verbal tick.... must be his version of "oh look they're a bloody good side"..... :shh

Along with:-
“That’s not us”
“We lost our way for a time in that xxx qtr”
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2024, 03:35:57 PM »
Geez where do ya begin.

Established  blokes who i thought were poor.
Young, McIntosh, Koschitzke, Mansell, M Rioli, Pickett. Martin.

People are gunna defend Graham and Miller but im throwing them both in although they were not the worst. 
 Graham He  tried but imo its in games like these where you need him to actually lead from the front and take the game by the scruff of the neck. Unfortunately he was part of a midfield that got absolutely belted and all we got was more of the same old stuff from him.
Miller well just mad with his lack of one v one presence Look at their opposition, Waterman when was his last good game same goes for Darling Jack Williams is a baby.

Some of the younger players need to put their hand up  as well cannot just keep on forgiving poor performances just because they are youngish. Not saying we drop any of them just noting they had poor games or quite games.

Sonsie, McAuliffe, Brown, Campbell, Ralphsmith, Dow. M Rioli. Personally the latter three i would drop.Sonsie needs to step up next game or he will also be in the gun.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2024, 04:15:07 PM »
Miller and Young watch defenders not the footy. There is zero attack on the ball when it’s in the air and they have best position.

This

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2024, 04:48:51 PM »
Anyway the loss is what it is. Will be a crap few seasons but dynasties always come at a cost.

How did the cubs go? Sonsie, Mcaulife, Brown, MRJ??

We've been crap plenty of times before, but without the flags, so, at least there is something to show for it this time.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2024, 05:16:45 PM »
Miller and Young watch defenders not the footy. There is zero attack on the ball when it’s in the air and they have best position.

This
If they are too aggressive they giveaway a free kick, I have given up complaining about the umpires but can understand our players confusion

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2024, 05:34:25 PM »
No one here likes seeing us lose, but I don’t understand what people expect. Outside of the injuries ( some of them may be a result of poor management but some are certainly bad luck ) we are a team that’s enjoyed a highly successful, the most successful period you could ask for. The result of that is bad draft picks which I feel we did as best we could with and now we have a bunch of sub 22-23 year olds who need developing and there’s no certainty they will be any good anyway because our highest pick was gibcus and he has been a catastrophe.

People seem to think McCauliffe will be our saviour but he slipped to pick 40 for a reason, hopefully
He can be a really solid player.

There’s no avoiding the bottom out that comes with a dynasty imo. Geelong may be the exception but they also recruited one of the best mids and forwards, so that helps.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2024, 11:02:15 PM »
No one here likes seeing us lose, but I don’t understand what people expect. Outside of the injuries ( some of them may be a result of poor management but some are certainly bad luck ) we are a team that’s enjoyed a highly successful, the most successful period you could ask for. The result of that is bad draft picks which I feel we did as best we could with and now we have a bunch of sub 22-23 year olds who need developing and there’s no certainty they will be any good anyway because our highest pick was gibcus and he has been a catastrophe.

People seem to think McCauliffe will be our saviour but he slipped to pick 40 for a reason, hopefully

There’s no avoiding the bottom out that comes with a dynasty imo. Geelong may be the exception but they also recruited one of the best mids and forwards, so that helps.

Agree

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2024, 11:24:55 PM »

Which mid did geelong recruit. Danger? He is older than Dusty. Cameron is Lynchs age. IMO they are getting more out of their senior players than we have post 2020.

5 picks in 2021 and then throwing away 2 first rounds meant we pushed our club further into medicority.

We may have completely botched this up even if Brown doesnt come up. He is our best chance for a solid KPD.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.