Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 176995 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #960 on: August 03, 2022, 08:10:52 PM »
He’s on 600ish now, think 800 on a long term contract forfeiting his free agency is a fair deal.

I'd do 5x800 definitely.  850-900 maybe not quite.

His accuracy in front of goal is a real weakness IMO. He's going at 50% or less with some OOTF's and any good forward really should be about 60% or better. If he was doing that I'd pay him more.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #961 on: August 03, 2022, 08:36:03 PM »
He’s on 600ish now, think 800 on a long term contract forfeiting his free agency is a fair deal.

His accuracy in front of goal is a real weakness IMO. He's going at 50% or less with some OOTF's and any good forward really should be about 60% or better. If he was doing that I'd pay him more.

He is a beautiful kick though so think that’ll quickly improve over the next couple of seasons.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #962 on: August 03, 2022, 09:20:21 PM »

He is a beautiful kick though so think that’ll quickly improve over the next couple of seasons.

Then we'd be talking about a Brownlow vote winner for sure

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #963 on: August 04, 2022, 08:07:35 AM »
5 x 900, don’t quibble over 100k

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #964 on: August 04, 2022, 03:25:24 PM »
Your club's barometer - Who stands up for your team?

Aidan Cellini
Sporting News
4 August 2022

Richmond - Shai Bolton

It was and for so long Dustin Martin's responsibility to respond for Richmond when in trouble, which has included three premierships and three corresponding Norm Smiths.

However, bubbling at the surface has been Shai Bolton, who's proven time and time again that he is a match winner and can step up when his team needs him.

Not lauded for his courage or bravery, Bolton is noticed for his ability to turn a game on its head, like Martin, and lead his team to victory.

We do know the number 29 for his freakish ability but probably undermine the inspiration he provides to his fellow teammates, which was seen in the Brisbane 42-point comeback.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/afl-your-clubs-barometer-who-stands-your-team-hawthorn-western-bulldogs-edition/byczkqq2czwhrmokhyjx72ml

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #965 on: August 04, 2022, 03:50:43 PM »
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick hopes star Tiger Shai Bolton’s contract will be extended soon

West Australian
August 4, 2022 [/i]

Richmond premiership coach Damien Hardwick wants to lock Shai Bolton in beyond next year as quickly as possible.

Bolton’s superb season this year has some labeling him the best player in the game and he could be the club’s No.1 contract renewal priority despite a season to run on the deal he signed 12 months ago .

“He’s a very good player, Shai. As a coach there are always things you would like to improve, but his impact this year has been significant,” Hardwick said.

“Our scouting team and our development team put a lot of work on Shai, but Shai also put a lot of work on himself and that’s why he’s reaping the rewards.

“He’s great to watch too. Even as a coach, you probably marvel at some of the things he does and the situations he can get in and out of, so we’re very lucky to have him on our books.

“I just like good players, so the sooner we (extend Bolton) the better probably from our perspective, but Blair will deal with that.”

https://thewest.com.au/news/afl-richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-hopes-star-tiger-shai-boltons-contract-will-be-extended-soon-c-7755434

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #966 on: August 05, 2022, 03:03:02 PM »
Shai behind the scenes: What box-office Tiger is really like

Xavier Clarke gives the Yokayi team some insight into what Shai Bolton is really like behind closed doors.

WATCH: https://www.afl.com.au/video/812475/shai-behind-the-scenes-what-box-office-tiger-is-really-like

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #967 on: August 06, 2022, 10:47:27 PM »
Pick 29….what a steal!

Another great game, just needs to clean up his shots for goal, a couple of them were tough shots on the boundary but there were also a couple he should have nailed. Still constantly in our bests  :clapping

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #968 on: August 06, 2022, 11:00:31 PM »
What could have been 4.5 mate and a couple of easy ones too eek

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #969 on: August 07, 2022, 03:55:44 AM »
BRILLIANT BOLTON RICHMOND’S ‘NEW DUSTY’

Shai Bolton was simply unstoppable against the Power.

And if not for early and late inaccuracy, he could have finished with more than his equal career-high four goals at Adelaide Oval.

Bolton’s first came seconds before quarter time, with his second coming just seconds before the half time break.

He added a third late in the third term from a “clever” free kick before slotting his fourth on the run after marking in front of Dan Houston.

“He just oozes confidence Shai Bolton,” commentator Mark Ricciuto said.

“He’s almost a bit cocky.

“He was pinging them from everywhere pre-game, he knew he was in for a good night.

“He has got the ability to kick a big bag if he stayed forward. He could easily kick eight.”

Fox Footy’s David King said stopping Bolton’s influence was the “greatest conundrum” for opposition coaches.

“As soon as the ball leaves stoppage, he’s surging forward,” King praised.

“The tactical brilliance of Damien Hardwick – they created this role for Dustin Martin and it’s going next level with Shai Bolton.”

Commentator Jordan Lewis was shocked by the freedom the Power allowed him on Saturday night.

“(Ryan) Burton’s just not getting the match up done giving 6m to a guy that only needs a metre and a half,” Lewis lamented.

“It still amazes me no one puts body pressure on him. He’s allowed to run and jump at the ball.”

If not for his wayward goal radar, Bolton could have iced the match by three quarter time.

Bolton’s third goal came from a free kick he drew in the goal square.

“That’s clever – it was really clever. He realised Burton wasn’t he facing the ball. He was worried too much about Bolton. (And it) allows Burton to create the contact,” Lewis said.

“That’s the difficult part against Bolton. You are caught a little bit behind and you’ve got to try and face the ball, read the flight of the ball.”

Bolton finished with 4.5 from his 17 disposals.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/live-afl-2022-port-adelaide-power-vs-richmond-tigers-round-21-live-scores-updates-stats-video-stream-result-news-blog/news-story/9fd071dd014c3babb29104707cd5dbc9

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #970 on: August 07, 2022, 03:59:16 AM »
Shai Bolton kicked four goals in the win from 17 disposals, also spending considerable time in the midfield.

"He's had a few of those games, where he's kicked or had a lot of shots. What really pleases me, is the last 30 seconds of the game, the game is dead and buried. We're 38 points up, and he has a 100-metre chase," Hardwick said.

"That's the measure of us as a footy club, so for him to do that, when he could have quite easily said, 'you know what, the game's over', that's what makes good sides great.

"That act in itself – he had a great game, don't get me wrong – but that to me makes us really proud as a footy club to see that sort of action."

Source: AFL website

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #971 on: August 07, 2022, 09:35:25 AM »
2022 All Australian.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #972 on: August 07, 2022, 09:40:33 AM »
Pick 29….what a steal!

Another great game, just needs to clean up his shots for goal, a couple of them were tough shots on the boundary but there were also a couple he should have nailed. Still constantly in our bests  :clapping

yep, and can you remember who we can thank for that?

Old mate Tyrone Vickery.

So really if it wasnt for Vickery and Mcmahon we may not have Dusty or Bolton.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Broadsword

« Reply #973 on: August 07, 2022, 09:44:46 AM »
Pick 29….what a steal!

yep, and can you remember who we can thank for that?

Old mate Tyrone Vickery.

So really if it wasnt for Vickery and Mcmahon we may not have Dusty or Bolton.
The original Shaun Griggs.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #974 on: August 07, 2022, 09:46:21 AM »
78 scoring shots for the year, not many would have more than that.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do