Author Topic: Mabior Chol joins Gold Coast / Tigers get End of Round 2 compo pick [official]  (Read 97676 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Mabior Chol [merged]
« Reply #375 on: June 15, 2021, 02:26:38 PM »

Yep. When it mattered NicNat's tap work was unreal and WC just got clearance after clearance.

So wasn't incumbent on our mids to work to NicNat's ruck work as it would have been expected that this would happen

Yeah of course, plenty of culprits. The mids were just immediately disadvantaged with the tap service.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #376 on: June 15, 2021, 03:00:51 PM »
Remember when we beat WC at Subi by conceding the rucks and sharking Cox's & NicNat's taps? Pretty sure Cotchin, Martin & Edwards were all playing that night too... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #377 on: June 16, 2021, 06:23:27 AM »
Chol's best is unbelievable but you're not sure if he is always engaged. There would be a moment during the game where NicNat does something and you go if Cholly was a bit harder defensively he could've stopped NicNat. Mabs is exciting and I know I've been a bit negative but we do search for perfection.

- Neil Balme.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/959101/talking-tigers-episode-15-2021

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #378 on: June 16, 2021, 07:19:44 AM »
Thanks Balme

As I said chol was IMV very poor the other night, and in fact has been since half time of last weeks game.

He doesn't go hard enough, and should have been filling those holes but instead who knows where he was.

Send him to Gold Coast.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #379 on: June 16, 2021, 12:18:04 PM »
If Chol goes elsewhere we will get nothing for him as he is an unrestricted free agent.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #380 on: June 16, 2021, 01:58:31 PM »
Chol's best is unbelievable but you're not sure if he is always engaged. There would be a moment during the game where NicNat does something and you go if Cholly was a bit harder defensively he could've stopped NicNat. Mabs is exciting and I know I've been a bit negative but we do search for perfection.

- Neil Balme.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/959101/talking-tigers-episode-15-2021

Chol is lazy and inconsistent in his efforts across a full game.  Looks like a Brownlow medalist for 10mins and then goes missing for long periods of time.  You can see it live if he is not directly involved in the contest he won't exert himself to make it to the contest.  He is looking like a wasted talent at this point.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #381 on: June 16, 2021, 08:41:11 PM »
Cal Twomey and Mitch Cleary think Chol goes. Only question is where. The way Richmond's list has come together means Chol has missed out on their success and there will be opportunities elsewhere as other clubs will be keen on someone who can play forward and ruck. Tigers like Samson Ryan and put a lot of time into him. You can't play all these talls at once. If CCJ stays then Chol falls out.

32 min mark: https://www.afl.com.au/news/632152/trade-edition-will-shai-stay-what-s-stopping-star-don-from-re-signing-

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #382 on: June 26, 2021, 12:45:04 AM »
He shows glimpses of good footy but at the end of the day it's all a bit like playing golf for him - a good way to ruin a long walk... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #383 on: June 26, 2021, 12:58:13 AM »
He shows glimpses of good footy but at the end of the day it's all a bit like playing golf for him - a good way to ruin a long walk... :shh

Agree. As did Vickery and Griffiths also. All 3 were soft and lazy.

Chol is finished at Punt Rd. Still can't believe they threw Samson in with the view that chol would give him a chop out.

Give the kid a go when nank is back.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: June 26, 2021, 01:15:58 AM »
I agree with FJ...bloody Queenslanders....  :thumbsdown

- Thomas Sowell

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #385 on: June 26, 2021, 03:46:58 AM »
About as useful as a $&*i full of cold water

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #386 on: June 26, 2021, 08:21:03 AM »
OE didn't remove your post I did.

We had multiple complaints and for good measure you had to throw in an insult

So following the rules of the site it removed

« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 08:43:58 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #387 on: June 26, 2021, 10:53:03 AM »
The man can’t take a mark to save his life. Gets to so many good positions and just can’t take a mark. Very frustrating

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #388 on: June 26, 2021, 11:23:36 AM »
We know what we’re going to get with Cholly boy. Year 6 in the system so it’s all about him getting a good contract with GC Suns and them being nice enough to throw us a 4th rounder for our trouble.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #389 on: June 26, 2021, 12:40:59 PM »
The one thing I did notice about Chol last night was several plays where he could have impacted a pack  going for a mark he chose not to or just was not able to .. that to me was disappointing