Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 581383 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chris Yarran [merged]
« Reply #2325 on: October 28, 2016, 08:12:14 PM »
This is all last roll of the dice stuff to me. Sounds like he'll be gone come rnd 1 2017 to me.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2326 on: October 29, 2016, 01:11:30 AM »
True but he shouldn't have fallen that far behind surely? Motlop had a bigger gut on him than I do after Christmas lunch and still got in shape for the AFL season in a span of about 2-3 months

Firstly, you making an assumption about how "fat" he supposedly is. None of us really know.

And another thing to consider if he's on some sort medication it could impact as well. I know someone who wasn't over weight until they went on meds for a medical condition. They got warned that one of the side effects was that you'd simply gain weight no matter how much exercise they did. And boy did they balloon. And this happened over a 12 month period. Was staggering to witness

So you're saying there's a possibility he's fatter than Motlop got?

No I'm saying there's a chance he's not

Ah huh.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2327 on: October 29, 2016, 02:07:24 AM »
If the guy can come back from where he's been, it will be a minor miracle.

I really hope he makes it, both for himself (self belief and esteem) and for the team.

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2328 on: October 29, 2016, 06:02:16 AM »
Balmey also said this morning that Caro's article was wrong in terms of they are not looking at 'cutting their losses' with him.

Lets see how he is by Christmas break. I think we and he will know alot more by then.

From all accounts he is giving it his best shot at the moment. And coming back with the 1st and 2nd year players gives us a good idea as to his intent.

Hopefully it all works out for him.

Yes, agree

He is doing all he can.

Coming from a long way back.

No surprise he is out of shape.

Not sure that having a personal trainer for 8 weeks is going to get you into AFL condition, dont reckon it is as simple as that.

'Doing all he can'.

He could hand back his wage from last year for starters. Or donate most of it to the Aboriginal Institute. Or Beyond Blue.

By all accounts this stuffer knew he had major issues before he even got here. And we fell for it without doing due dilligence.

The guy has 'issues' no doubt but that doesn't mean he's not a poo bloke.

What a leech.

And we were stupid enough to fall for it.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2329 on: October 29, 2016, 07:06:17 AM »
it won't be a minor miracle if he comes back, it's a minor miracle that a club with today's resources could possibly still trade for a guy with that baggage
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2330 on: October 29, 2016, 12:28:25 PM »
it won't be a minor miracle if he comes back, it's a minor miracle that a club with today's resources could possibly still trade for a guy with that baggage

Really?

The guy has been in some of the darkest places in the last year. To be able to play at the highest level again would be amazing.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2331 on: October 29, 2016, 01:33:43 PM »

Really?

The guy has been in some of the darkest places in the last year. To be able to play at the highest level again would be amazing.

I could give you half a dozen genuine sporting miracles that would put Chris Yarrens situation to shame. It's a laughable description of the effort required to get back.
Good luck to him.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2332 on: October 29, 2016, 01:51:19 PM »
I guess the other issue here is that of "sick leave".

All employees get sick leave. However, it is not unlimited. I would like to know if Chris has been payed all this time or did the payments stop at one point? An employer cannot be expected to give unlimited sick leave to players.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2333 on: October 29, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »

Really?

I could give you half a dozen genuine sporting miracles that would put Chris Yarrens situation to shame. It's a laughable description of the effort required to get back.
Good luck to him.

And ill bet each one of those half dozen people hadnt screwed over
a club, organisation or other party to the tune of 400-500k.

Make that a million if you include next year.

Lmfao

"Sliding doors moment.

tony_montana

« Reply #2334 on: October 29, 2016, 02:30:06 PM »
 :clapping this guy like many others, is just using "depression" as an excuse for being a stuffwit

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2335 on: October 29, 2016, 02:32:56 PM »
:clapping this guy like many others, is just using "depression" as an excuse for being a stuffwit

And we are tired of our clubs incompetence costing us membership revenue and salary cap space

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2336 on: October 29, 2016, 02:37:38 PM »

And we are tired of our clubs incompetence costing us membership revenue and salary cap space

That is a separate matter to me. There comes a time when the club can no longer justify paying someone for being on the sidelines, no matter what his health problems are. e.g. Morabito for Freo.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2337 on: October 29, 2016, 03:56:57 PM »
SNIP

:banghead :banghead

Obviously just done some major editing amd considering doing some more

A number of posters are a few key stokes away from a holiday. Think people should know that after the events of last week that people who fail to obey the simplest of rules will get turfed.

I am not interested in the finger pointing, people trying to justify their reasons for breaking posting rules.

It ends now

But here again are the rules

1. Stick to the topic.

2. You all know the rules DO NOT post anything that is rumour, innuendo, speculation  etc. Stick to what is known.

3. Keep the personal sniping of the forum

4. Keep the racists slurs and nonsense off the forum

5. Don't play moderator or you will be suspended as well

It's pretty simple really

And yes i am extremely peeved
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2338 on: October 29, 2016, 06:07:54 PM »
SNIP

:banghead :banghead

Obviously just done some major editing amd considering doing some more

A number of posters are a few key stokes away from a holiday. Think people should know that after the events of last week that people who fail to obey the simplest of rules will get turfed.

I am not interested in the finger pointing, people trying to justify their reasons for breaking posting rules.

It ends now

But here again are the rules

1. Stick to the topic.

2. You all know the rules DO NOT post anything that is rumour, innuendo, speculation  etc. Stick to what is known.

3. Keep the personal sniping of the forum

4. Keep the racists slurs and nonsense off the forum

5. Don't play moderator or you will be suspended as well

It's pretty simple really

And yes i am extremely peeved

And I don't blame you. I bet when you guys started this forum you didn't think it would be such a negative and nasty forum at times. We are supposed to be all Tigers supporters yet the eat your own seams to be the prevailing attitude. Same goes for Yarran, to me it sounds like he is doing all he can to get back. If you have some other "facts" that says this is not the case then post them so we all can be enlightened.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2339 on: October 29, 2016, 06:24:56 PM »

Damn right.

"Sliding doors moment.