Author Topic: Whats our recruiting staff pedigree  (Read 7117 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Whats our recruiting staff pedigree
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 10:32:35 PM »
JON was good at mowing lawns wasnt he? Terrific recruiting right there. I wanted us to draft Clark or Hurn. Hurns kicking of half back just sensational.
I still can't believe we overlooked Clark when we needed talls. Miller didn't rate Clark a top 10 pick. He had him on par with Cleve in terms of KPPs :P.

A pretty strong first round in 2005 as well. Not too many flops below apart from JON, Pfeiffer and perhaps Drum. Bailey crueled by 3 ACLs.

1 Marc Murphy - Carlton
2 Dale Thomas - Collingwood
3 Xavier Ellis - Hawthorn
4 Josh Kennedy - Carlton
5 Scott Pendlebury - Collingwood
6 Beau Dowler - Hawthorn
7 Patrick Ryder - Essendon
8 Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls - Richmond
9 Mitchell Clark - Brisbane
10 Marcus Drum - Fremantle
11 Shaun Higgins - Western Bulldogs
12 Nathan Jones - Melbourne
13 Shannon Hurn - West Coast
14 Grant Birchall - Hawthorn
15 Travis Varcoe - Geelong
16 Richard Douglas - Adelaide
17 Darren Pfeiffer - Adelaide
18 Max Bailey - Hawthorn
19 Courtenay Dempsey - Essendon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_AFL_Draft

Can't believe we overlooked this lot and picked JON???????????????

11 Shaun Higgins - Western Bulldogs
12 Nathan Jones - Melbourne
13 Shannon Hurn - West Coast
14 Grant Birchall - Hawthorn
15 Travis Varcoe - Geelong

Hardwick should be shown that list and then asked if this was the type of recruiter you want at your football club??

i bet the answer is no.

a clean out is needed, not just with the playing list, a big change needs to come from the footy department and in terms of recruiting we have failed so they should be shown the door.

Hardwick is Richmond now so id be throwing everything at Pelchen. stuff em.

we should have gone harder for Clayton as well. god knows why we are soft when it comes to pouching quality people from other clubs.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 12:30:07 AM »
I'm sorry, but we shouldn't be cutting ANYONE from our recruiting department
Demote, perhaps, but we should only be ADDING staff to this area

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 07:35:59 AM »
I cannot believe I am responding to this but because you continue to twist things to create your facts I have no choice  ;D

Vickery-good
Collins will be a star
Nahas-good find.

Cotchin was a no brainer please dont use that chestnut. My 90 year old Nonna would have selected him with pick 2. Ditto Vickery.

Browne. please your joking right. you call that a great find. How many games could he manage to play this year. 1 was it??

BrownE was a rookie for crying out loud who was nominated for 3 games - may explain why he only played 1 game and before you start ranting & raving about him playing games for Coburg reserves - the reason was simpley becuase they wanted to give game time and he wasn't going to get that sitting on the bench for Coburg seniors - FACT

Collard
Cam Howatt
Putt
Cartledge
Kingsley
JON
Jake King
Peterson

Let's see Howat, JON, Cartledge & Peterson were picked up when Jackson was either not at the club or when he was a part time recruiter so I am not quite sure how you can blame him for those

Putt & Collard were Greg Miller selections - again this a FACT. Kingsley was a preseason draft selection which is list management decision rather than a recruiter decision but if you want to blame Jackson for that one too you may as well give him all the credit for Cousins right?

And one more thing you go on about Tayte Pears please tell me outside of Putt who from your list of gems were in the same draft as him? Ditto Armfield & Hooker

Let's compare apples with some apples rather that Apples with watermelons
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 08:50:29 AM »
I cannot believe I am responding to this but because you continue to twist things to create your facts I have no choice  ;D

Vickery-good
Collins will be a star
Nahas-good find.

Cotchin was a no brainer please dont use that chestnut. My 90 year old Nonna would have selected him with pick 2. Ditto Vickery.

Browne. please your joking right. you call that a great find. How many games could he manage to play this year. 1 was it??

BrownE was a rookie for crying out loud who was nominated for 3 games - may explain why he only played 1 game and before you start ranting & raving about him playing games for Coburg reserves - the reason was simpley becuase they wanted to give game time and he wasn't going to get that sitting on the bench for Coburg seniors - FACT

Collard
Cam Howatt
Putt
Cartledge
Kingsley
JON
Jake King
Peterson

Let's see Howat, JON, Cartledge & Peterson were picked up when Jackson was either not at the club or when he was a part time recruiter so I am not quite sure how you can blame him for those

Putt & Collard were Greg Miller selections - again this a FACT. Kingsley was a preseason draft selection which is list management decision rather than a recruiter decision but if you want to blame Jackson for that one too you may as well give him all the credit for Cousins right?

And one more thing you go on about Tayte Pears please tell me outside of Putt who from your list of gems were in the same draft as him? Ditto Armfield & Hooker

WP clearly you have a bias toward jackson wheras i dont.

i see it how it is.

Francis jackson was employed at the RFC when we recruited JON, Cartledge and Howatt etc etc, ...FACT!! i dont care if he was p/t or f/t he was well and truly involved in the process.

Francis jackson was recruited at the RFC when we recruited those other guns who i mentioned above in 2006 and 2007 and you could even argue he assisted in the infamous 2005 draft with his mate Miller, afterall he was employed by the RFC in 2005 was he not.

At this point in time outside of Cotch i only see Nahas and Collins as wins for Jackson. Post will be good too but too early to call then wins for jackson.

If you were judging Rance now you will say thats a failure by Jackson, although he is young so hope he improves.

id prefer to let the record and draft choices speak for itself. He is a failure of the highest order.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 08:52:33 AM »
I still can't believe we overlooked Clark when we needed talls. Miller didn't rate Clark a top 10 pick. He had him on par with Cleve in terms of KPPs :P.

Miller also laughed when Collingwood took Pendlebury at 5 so the story goes.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Jackstar is back

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 09:29:24 AM »
I will say this, I am far from impressed  with Francis Jackson.
It seemed to me that when Miller was there, he was like a "'Miller "" puppet.
I dont believe he is the right man for the job.

Ramps

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 09:36:58 AM »

Miller also laughed when Collingwood took Pendlebury at 5 so the story goes.

Having seen Pendlebury play that year he was clearly a top 10 pick. Clearly a player with great disposal skills - that our chief recruiter was supposedly laughing just shows why we are down the bottom of the ladder. Derek Hine should have been targetted by our club, Francis Jacksons average I repeat is average at best.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 10:12:16 AM »
Having seen Pendlebury play that year he was clearly a top 10 pick. Clearly a player with great disposal skills - that our chief recruiter was supposedly laughing just shows why we are down the bottom of the ladder. Derek Hine should have been targetted by our club, Francis Jacksons average I repeat is average at best.

Can just imagine it.

Haha, Pendlebury!?!? We've seen video of this guy JON, someone told us he's good.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Jackstar is back

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 10:15:08 AM »

Can just imagine it.

Haha, Pendlebury!?!? We've seen video of this guy JON, someone told us he's good.

Hye Wayne, as funny it may seem, you might find this is nearly true

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »
It is a massive country and a massive job. We should be proactive and dangling a carrot for junior clubs.

My proposal would be that we offer $20,000 to any club whose player we pick up in say the first 4 rounds of the draft. But to be eligible they must send all their match videos to us. Midway through the year we make a shortlist of say 30-40 players and we ask their club's to provide videos of just those players in action over 4 quarters. Footage must be raw and unedited.

Although I am sure this would break some control-freak rules at AFL HQ, it would allow access to many more players for the cost of a bit more than recruiter, and would allow our existing recruiters to look farther and wider perhaps finding the next Liam Jurrah.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 09:32:44 PM »

Vickery-good
Collins will be a star
Nahas-good find.

Collard
Cam Howatt
Putt
Cartledge
Kingsley
JON
Jake King
Peterson

i see it how it is.

Francis jackson was employed at the RFC when we recruited JON, Cartledge and Howatt etc etc, ...FACT!! i dont care if he was p/t or f/t he was well and truly involved in the process.

Francis jackson was recruited at the RFC when we recruited those other guns who i mentioned above in 2006 and 2007 and you could even argue he assisted in the infamous 2005 draft with his mate Miller, afterall he was employed by the RFC in 2005 was he not.

At this point in time outside of Cotch i only see Nahas and Collins as wins for Jackson. Post will be good too but too early to call then wins for jackson.

If you were judging Rance now you will say thats a failure by Jackson, although he is young so hope he improves.

id prefer to let the record and draft choices speak for itself. He is a failure of the highest order.

so tell me WP im waiting for your reply or have you nothing to back your claims. Im wondering why you think he should be kept by Hardwick

seriously tell me what Francis Jackson has done so well since he arrived in 2005.It is 2005 isn't it?

which players have been outstanding recruits by jackson outside the ones i have mentioned

Ox

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 09:53:45 PM »
Just print 10,000 "LMAO@ The RFC " tee shirts and sell them to opposition supporters.

I'd even buy one

$$$$

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 10:21:49 PM »

Vickery-good
Collins will be a star
Nahas-good find.

Collard
Cam Howatt
Putt
Cartledge
Kingsley
JON
Jake King
Peterson

i see it how it is.

how about riewoldt and edwards ...since FJ has held the reigns our performance at the draft table has improved expodentially from the time that Miller  ran the department
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 10:25:59 PM »
Just print 10,000 "LMAO@ The RFC " tee shirts and sell them to opposition supporters.

I'd even buy one

$$$$
You could always get one of the "I was there when we were poo" tshirts from puntroad.com
I got the 25th anniversary edition one

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 11:51:30 PM »

Collard
Cam Howatt
Putt
Cartledge
Kingsley
JON
Jake King
Peterson

[/quote]

[/quote]

how about riewoldt and edwards ...since FJ has held the reigns our performance at the draft table has improved expodentially from the time that Miller  ran the department
[/quote]

Lets not eat our own fellas.  I tend to agree recruiting has got better under Jackson but that is not to say it can't get better.
It is a pity we missed Clayton but GC17 is a once in a lifetime opportunity for any recruiter. 
Some players mature late like Tuck, some players have major defects like Kositschke (sp?), its about having more hits than your opposition recruiters and that usually comes from $ spent.  This is our number one important area, it deserves real focus.