Author Topic: Vale Shane Tuck  (Read 18407 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Vale Shane Tuck
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2021, 05:19:20 AM »
60 Minutes story:

https://9now.nine.com.au/60-minutes/concussion-cte-shane-tucks-sister-wanted-to-know-what-caused-her-brothers-death/cebc3ea7-964d-420c-a79f-3d4586cdce19
Brave family the Tuck's. Let's hope their openness and search for answers about CTE turns Shane's tragedy into a positive legacy of saving the health and lives of many future footballers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2021, 11:38:53 PM »
500 hours of Tuck footage that could save AFL lives

A crack legal team is poring over more than 500 hours of Richmond footage in preparation for the inquest into former Tiger Shane Tuck’s death.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/lawyers-to-watch-500-hours-of-footage-in-preparation-for-coronial-inquest-into-shane-tuck-death/news-story/9d94451c50be1860e47b7a9090a1432c

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2021, 10:28:17 AM »
Not sure how many time we have requested that people do not post unsubstantiated rumours on the forum

:banghead :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2021, 01:42:00 PM »
Looks like potential legal action against us. Who knows.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2021, 03:07:42 PM »
Tuck’s widow wants Richmond’s ‘poor’ treatment investigated

Richmond star Shane Tuck’s widow has asked the Coroner to investigate how her husband was “so poorly and badly” treated by club doctors.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/shane-tucks-widow-wants-richmonds-poor-treatment-of-husband-investigated/news-story/25aceb6486841c122974168179f75259

-----------------------------

The widow of former Richmond footballer Shane Tuck has threatened to withdraw her participation in a proposed coronial inquest into the circumstances surrounding her husband’s death after the state coroner Judge John Cain indicated he would not delve deeply into how the AFL and clubs treated players who suffered concussion in the past.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/coroner-rejects-call-for-sins-of-the-past-to-be-examined-in-tuck-inquest-20211019-p59157.html

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2021, 03:49:23 PM »
With all due respect to Tucky and his family...is it the club's fault he took up boxing after he retired and was knocked out?  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2021, 03:56:59 PM »
Was Tuck asking to be rested? Doubt it.

Surely some responsibility sits on the player too.

CTE is a new field of research relatively speaking. Starting to sound like she wants money. The AFL is already doing lots to prevent CTE.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2021, 06:05:20 PM »
Given how well Zantuck was treated by club doctors i wouldn't be surprised if others had also received shoddy treatment
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2021, 06:41:13 PM »

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2021, 06:55:08 PM »
Maybe Jake king too with his toe.

Bloody hell

Broadsword

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2021, 07:11:15 PM »
Gonna put it out there--soft helmets like the one worn by Caleb Daniel should become mandatory for all players effective immediately with even stricter adjudication of leading with the head and head-high contact. For me, it is the modern-day version of the mouth guard debate: it might feel strange at first, and some will bitterly resent it, but (pardon the pun) it's a no-brainer to me. It's not like footballers play with their heads and their mouths. I'm ready to put up with an awkward aesthetic until it becomes normal if it saves families this sort of irreversible pain and gutting emptiness.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2021, 08:24:06 PM »
I'm open to it Broadsword.

Umps REALLY need to address players drawing high contact by lifting their arms, shrugging shoulders, dropping knees etc.

All avoidable head contact should be fined or suspended. Especially snipers like Selwood when he elbows Sam Taylor and gets away with it...

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2021, 08:52:30 PM »
He got his head absolutely caved in boxing on multiple occasions

Who can determine what blame lies with Richmond and what was the result of being punch drunk

HATE agreeing with Dio, but he’s spot on

His brain was deemed ok to fight in a licensed bout

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2021, 09:06:26 PM »
I'm open to it Broadsword.

Umps REALLY need to address players drawing high contact by lifting their arms, shrugging shoulders, dropping knees etc.

All avoidable head contact should be fined or suspended. Especially snipers like Selwood when he elbows Sam Taylor and gets away with it...
Or Dangerfield on Vlastuin, dog act