Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 754339 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5565 on: October 01, 2021, 08:22:37 PM »
well that would be the same reason why andrews should be doing the same.

They are pathetic.

You disagree?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5566 on: October 01, 2021, 09:19:03 PM »
Gladys has resigned. In the end she couldn't stand the heat.

I am no Gladys fan.

But she has resigned because she is adhering to the standards she imposed on all in her government. And that was if anyone was being investigated by ICAC for corruption then had to resign from her government. She has gone a step further and resigned from politics.

For this I give her credit. Yes, she basically had no choice but she made the call rather than hanging on in the hope it would pass

It is a pity a few more didn't have the moral fibre to do the same.

Corruption is rife in Australian politics
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5567 on: October 01, 2021, 09:46:57 PM »
yes corruption but not when its the other side especially as we have seen lately. :shh

Fancy Andrews still kicking around, while o'farrel and now gladys have resigned in disgrace over a bottle of wine and who knows what comes from this.

Even if we had ICAC in Victoria Andrews would never resign like she did today.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5568 on: October 02, 2021, 10:06:28 AM »
yes corruption but not when its the other side especially as we have seen lately. :shh

Fancy Andrews still kicking around, while o'farrel and now gladys have resigned in disgrace over a bottle of wine and who knows what comes from this.

Umm the Gladys situation is about a fair bit more than a bottle of wine, a tad more serious than that

It is somewhat ironic that you complain about bias constantly but your posts are always  somehow biased.

We have ICAC in Victoria, in case you missed it Samuorek (sp) ex ALP state MP has been ordered to appear before it next week.

ICAC = Independent Commission Against Corruption it deals with corruption issues only. I suppose it comes down to your definition of corruption

The only level of Government that currently does not an ICAC is federal, despite the current PM promising to establish one over 20 months ago...

As I said corruption is rife in Australian politics. Has been for decades (refer NSW ALP Premier Neville Wran) but it is getting worse not better

« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 06:39:31 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5569 on: October 02, 2021, 05:13:53 PM »
Victoria's anti-corruption commission is called IBAC (Independent Broad‑based Anti‑corruption) https://www.ibac.vic.gov.au/.

If there was a federal ICAC then half of the federal cabinet would be on its books.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5570 on: October 04, 2021, 09:19:15 AM »

Umm the Gladys situation is about a fair bit more than a bottle of wine, a tad more serious than that

It is somewhat ironic that you complain about bias constantly but your posts are always  somehow biased.

We have ICAC in Victoria, in case you missed it Samuorek (sp) ex ALP state MP has been ordered to appear before it next week.

ICAC = Independent Commission Against Corruption it deals with corruption issues only. I suppose it comes down to your definition of corruption

The only level of Government that currently does not an ICAC is federal, despite the current PM promising to establish one over 20 months ago...

As I said corruption is rife in Australian politics. Has been for decades (refer NSW ALP Premier Neville Wran) but it is getting worse not better

WTF Are you on about? to quote i said gladys resigned in disgrace, did i mention it wasn't serious? She is the same as Andrews imv. At least I can see it unlike yourself.  I expect you to backtrack on your statement, but of course you seem to pick and choose when it comes to last years events so I doubt that will be be forthcoming.

I also suggest you see my reply to 65's comment and perhaps tell me if you disagree with my statement? I was simply highlighting how ridiculous that a guy resigned over a bottle of wine and this corruptness in the alp is allowed to continue.

There are many examples, none more so that last years disaster and the i cant recall shambolic nature of what we endured.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5571 on: October 04, 2021, 09:38:03 AM »
FJ
Can you explain how Dan Andrews is corrupt?
Thanks

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5572 on: October 04, 2021, 10:48:10 AM »
Dan8el Andrews has been the worst Premier Victoria has ever had. He has imprisoned his whole state population longer than anywhere else in the world. He has imposed disgraceful curfews and laws. He is responsible for the loss if thousands of jobs and business closures. He can get stuffed for all I care.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5573 on: October 04, 2021, 11:01:09 AM »
Dan8el Andrews has been the worst Premier Victoria has ever had. He has imprisoned his whole state population longer than anywhere else in the world. He has imposed disgraceful curfews and laws. He is responsible for the loss if thousands of jobs and business closures. He can get stuffed for all I care.

Yes we know your opinion of him but is there any sign of corruption?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5574 on: October 04, 2021, 11:13:26 AM »

Yes we know your opinion of him but is there any sign of corruption?

can you explain if gladys or scomo is corrupt.

Yes or No.

You seem to have all the answers. When scomo went to hawaiii it was like he committed murder in your book.

Andrews presided over a department that is being investigated for 80 breaches from worksafe, run by a CEO who is a former staffer from the bracks and brumby governments. Let that sink in.

Has presided over a state which is now the worlds worst lockdown state.

A wife who was not breath tested whilst running over a boy. Didnt he promise 4000 beds and lie about it the other day. Could be wrong as i dont listen to him like 65 does.

company part owned by a former ALP Vice President, and daughter who works for andrews offered a 70 million dollar contract to conduct security training without due process- all good nothing to see here

Countless lies, that if they operated under the same ethos as NSW libs he would have handed in his resignation.

Putting it nicely ramps.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5575 on: October 04, 2021, 11:22:15 AM »

Putting it nicely ramps.

And yet Andrews survives and Gladys has resigned. If she was innocent surely she would have stayed on as Premier.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5576 on: October 04, 2021, 11:26:49 AM »

Interesting article.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/nsw/nsw-must-do-better-than-dominic-perrottet-as-premier-20211003-p58wtf.html

Yet, within a day, it is possible that NSW, self-described as the most progressive state in the federation, may have, in Dominic Perrottet, a premier not only living under a cloud for mismanagement of the state’s workers’ compensation scheme, iCare, but who is also a highly conservative Catholic with views that represent the most extreme end of a rigidly male-dominated institutional church.

At the same time, we have in our federal Parliament a Prime Minister who genuinely believes his own election was a literal miracle. He lives alongside the oldest surviving culture in the world, the First Nations, that can trace their living history back 60,000 or more years. Sacred sites, geology, art, stories, anthropology, and earth sciences all attest to this. Yet Morrison and his fellow Pentecostal Christians believe the world was created a mere 6000 years ago. What’s more, the world as we know it will soon come to an end, with a Rapture seeing the “Elect” ascending to their eternal reward while the rest of us, including Christians of other denominations, will suffer for their ignorance, also eternally. That certainly puts climate concerns back in their corner.

Should any of this matter? Or that while such views are held by only 1 per cent of the wider population, we now have in Morrison’s cabinet perhaps 15 per cent of members who ascribe to the same decidedly non-mainstream Pentecostal beliefs?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5577 on: October 04, 2021, 02:50:36 PM »

WTF Are you on about? to quote i said gladys resigned in disgrace, did i mention it wasn't serious? She is the same as Andrews imv. At least I can see it unlike yourself.  I expect you to backtrack on your statement, but of course you seem to pick and choose when it comes to last years events so I doubt that will be be forthcoming.

I also suggest you see my reply to 65's comment and perhaps tell me if you disagree with my statement? I was simply highlighting how ridiculous that a guy resigned over a bottle of wine and this corruptness in the alp is allowed to continue.

There are many examples, none more so that last years disaster and the i cant recall shambolic nature of what we endured.

I will keep this short

You posted:

You posted that, they are your words yes?

I posted

You posts implies Gladys resigned in disgrace over a bottle of wine. I said it is a tad bit more serious than that?

it is don't you think?

Then as always you start a tirade that includes baiting and dare I say it bullying ....

I look forward to your stock standard attack on me over my comments above.... 

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5578 on: October 04, 2021, 03:39:58 PM »
The NSW deputy premier and leader of the Nats John Barilaro has quit too.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-04/nsw-deputy-premier-john-barilaro-resigns/100511638

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5579 on: October 04, 2021, 04:11:41 PM »
FJ
Can you explain how Dan Andrews is corrupt?
Thanks
FJ
I know you think he is incompetent. We will have to agree to disagree on that point. But corrupt? 
Can you please explain or point out any examples of corruption?