Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 276840 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2016, 07:07:01 PM »
Tigers tight-lipped on Prestia interest

By Jason Phelan
AAP
August 26, 2016, 5:55 pm

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick admits being a fan of Dion Prestia but he's tight-lipped about the Tigers' interest in the Gold Coast star.

Prestia has reportedly nominated Richmond as his destination of choice during the trade period, with some suggestion he has even discussed terms of a contract.

"We don't comment on those matters. He's an incredible player but we'll just wait and see what happens over the course of the next couple of months," Hardwick said on Friday.

"We're a big club so people always link good things and bad things to us at stages, but we'll just control what we can control.

"Our list management and trade philosophy we'll keep in house. We're always looking to better our list, but so are 17 other clubs in the competition."

Securing Prestia's signature would be a huge boost for a club in dire need of one after a disappointing season that followed on from their unsuccessful attempt to lure former Greater Western Sydney star Adam Treloar.

A busy off-season looms for Hardwick and his list management team.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/a/32451949/afl-richmond-tigers-tight-lipped-on-prestia-interest/#page1

tony_montana

« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2016, 08:01:13 PM »
Suns have said they want a like for like player trade for Prestia rather than a pick.

Im thinking Lennon and a swap of picks? I'd prefer Ellis, but realistically he's not going anywhere unfortunately

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2016, 02:43:11 AM »
Giving up young talent like Lennon kind of defeats the purpose of bringing in blokes like Prestia....

...anyway could still yet all be moot....

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gold-coast-leadership-group-to-have-one-final-shot-at-convincing-dion-prestia-to-stay/news-story/10383cd4bee24fc0469aeaf2b4545e2f?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2016, 01:25:15 PM »
Giving up young talent like Lennon kind of defeats the purpose of bringing in blokes like Prestia....

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gold-coast-leadership-group-to-have-one-final-shot-at-convincing-dion-prestia-to-stay/news-story/10383cd4bee24fc0469aeaf2b4545e2f?

Lennon may go on to be a good player somewhere but it won't be at Richmond. Time to cut our losses with him.

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2016, 01:35:49 PM »

Lennon may go on to be a good player somewhere but it won't be at Richmond. Time to cut our losses with him.
we gotta give up something if we want to keep pick 6.....

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
First things first.

1. Get a better list management team.
2. Get a better recruiting team.
3. Get a better development team.
4. Get a better coach and assistants.
5. Get a better footy manager.

Then maybe we can get somewhere and not consistently make the same stupid mistakes.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2016, 02:32:10 PM »
Neil Balme might be avaiable very soon.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »

we gotta give up something if we want to keep pick 6.....

Deledio
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2016, 02:40:12 PM »
B.Ellis

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2016, 04:18:51 PM »

not when you are giving a player who swans about like he thinks he was born with entitlements and is far from showing he has what it takes to make it, for a bloke who goes hard, has proven he can play at the level and gives his all.

Sure some will  argue that Lennon hasnt had the opportunities that prestia has, but from what i have seen recently that would be due to the difference in their effort
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2016, 04:49:57 PM »
The issue I have with Prestia is he's played just 50% of games (22 from a possible 44) in the past two years. No way do you give up a first rounder who hasn't played close to a full season since 2014. Swapping Conca or Lennon for Prestia would actually be a fair swap - injury-prone footballer for injury-prone footballer. Can we actually chase someone who isn't injured most of the time?!  :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2016, 08:27:36 PM »

not when you are giving a player who swans about like he thinks he was born with entitlements and is far from showing he has what it takes to make it, for a bloke who goes hard, has proven he can play at the level and gives his all.

Sure some will  argue that Lennon hasnt had the opportunities that prestia has, but from what i have seen recently that would be due to the difference in their effort

The one AFL game you've seen recently on TV? You are aware he's missed half the season with an injured shoulder and the entire pre-season with glandular fever? How do you reckon his tank would be after that?

I'd suggest that after today that GC group of players might have a somewhat easier task changing Prestia's mind anyway....or he'll just choose another Melbourne club instead...

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2016, 08:44:52 PM »
injury, games played, whatever has nothing to do with effort.
I'm not talking about someone having trouble adjusting to the pace of the game as they step up, but someone giving hampson/vickery type effort.

standing back watching rather than hitting the pill.

standing by watching opponents run away with the ball.

standing by watching rather than working hard to get to the contest to help a team mate

these things are are non negotiable and i dont give compensation because  of someone percieved natural ability.

didnt you make a comment about someones character and not giving 100%?

or do you only apply that depending on their skill set?

some of his efforts were insipid and embarrassing last week, and if what i saw is why he hasn't been getting a better go then it is well deserved.

it is inexcusable, and all the talent in world will never compensate for lack of effort in modern football.

It is exactly what contibutes to results like todays
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2016, 08:46:05 PM »

The one AFL game you've seen recently on TV? You are aware he's missed half the season with an injured shoulder and the entire pre-season with glandular fever? How do you reckon his tank would be after that?

I'd suggest that after today that GC group of players might have a somewhat easier task changing Prestia's mind anyway....or he'll just choose another Melbourne club instead...

After viewing a snap video of Prestia looking off his nut singing the Tigers song I'd say he's 100% committed already  :whistle

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2016, 09:11:38 PM »
injury, games played, whatever has nothing to do with effort.
I'm not talking about someone having trouble adjusting to the pace of the game as they step up, but someone giving hampson/vickery type effort.

standing back watching rather than hitting the pill.

standing by watching opponents run away with the ball.

standing by watching rather than working hard to get to the contest to help a team mate

these things are are non negotiable and i dont give compensation because  of someone percieved natural ability.

didnt you make a comment about someones character and not giving 100%?

or do you only apply that depending on their skill set?

some of his efforts were insipid and embarrassing last week, and if what i saw is why he hasn't been getting a better go then it is well deserved.

it is inexcusable, and all the talent in world will never compensate for lack of effort in modern football.

It is exactly what contibutes to results like todays

No in regards to character, I don't give more leeway to players with ability (see Vickery and any number of past "club champions" for starters. ) I do however give more leeway to immature kids for dropping their heads than I do experienced men who've been in the system for years and have made a career of it....sue me ...

- Thomas Sowell