Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 276837 times)

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #795 on: April 09, 2017, 02:43:01 PM »
As long as his body holds up there will be some posters that should hang there head in shame for their comments

Exactly.

I counted four times last night that Prestia was trapped on his non preferred foot three times he scrubbed a right foot kick and the fourth time he eventually used his left and hit a Carlton player lace out.

Gun players have a reasonable non preferred foot Prestia does not.

His game last night was very good but to call him a gun is a stretch.

I counted 28 disposals. 4 bad kicks out of 28 = 85.7% disposal efficiency (elite)  :clapping

Like Chuck said, hang your heads in shame peoples  :clapping

Hang you head in shame Dookie your boy is going backwards at a rate of knots.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:51:31 PM by yandb »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #796 on: April 14, 2017, 06:04:03 PM »
From Barrett's lastest 'Sliding Doors' column:

IF .... the numerous people who laughed last year when it was revealed Prestia had chosen the Tigers are to be honest with themselves ...    

THEN .... they'll be admitting right now they were wrong. Already looming as crucial to this rebirth.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-14/sliding-doors-round-four

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #797 on: April 14, 2017, 06:45:28 PM »
Disagree with 'Damo' there - to an extent. He had a solid game against Carlton when we really had control of it for most of the game. He was okay against the Pies and quieter than I'd have hoped against WC. Wouldn't brand him as 'crucial' to the 'rebirth'.

Having said that, I think his set-up at stoppages may be a factor I need to acknowledge (big body, takes a good player away from Cotch/Dusty etc). Kinda like a big power forward that isn't much chop - the op still need to man them up and cover the ground.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #798 on: April 16, 2017, 08:20:31 PM »
Bit of a turnover merchant today, needs to improve that part of his game. Expect better from him, against better teams he and his mate Houli are going to be the difference in a close game with their regular clangers.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #799 on: April 16, 2017, 08:23:24 PM »
Bit of a turnover merchant today, needs to improve that part of his game. Expect better from him, against better teams he and his mate Houli are going to be the difference in a close game with their regular clangers.

I'm still not sold, how Miles is still sitting in the twos whilst this guy is just getting through games is beyond me.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #800 on: April 16, 2017, 08:24:42 PM »
Thought he was much better than last week but still only serviceable. Does some good work in in tight but his foot skills are a worry.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #801 on: April 16, 2017, 09:07:46 PM »
How was he at GC kicking skills ?.Could it be coming back from injury even so for the $$$ and pick we gave up needs to step it up.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #802 on: April 16, 2017, 10:40:22 PM »
Was very good before his injuries....was arguably GC's  second best mid after Ablett...unfortunately he's a bit of a turnover merchant at the moment.......
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #803 on: April 16, 2017, 11:05:04 PM »
His kicking does need improving but he goes in. On a night when most others were lairising and not doing the things that got them to 3 wins in the first place.

His 7 tackles and 20 pressure acts led the team where unfortunately, our leaders lowered there colours.

The team won't get away with that in the next few weeks that's for sure.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #804 on: April 17, 2017, 12:03:08 AM »
Looks to me like he's trying too hard....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #805 on: April 17, 2017, 09:41:43 AM »
Has to be injured to the point it's effecting his game. An idea would have been to rest him this week.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #806 on: April 17, 2017, 09:59:39 AM »
Has to be injured to the point it's effecting his game. An idea would have been to rest him this week.
He has rested enough in the last 2 years. He needs to play and play well as we have given up a heap to get him.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #807 on: April 18, 2017, 03:56:57 PM »
Yeah lets just burn him out and stuff his knee beyond repair in his first year because he's missed a chunk of the past 2 years and we paid a lot to get him. Brilliant stuff :clapping

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #808 on: May 01, 2017, 09:46:52 AM »
He has rested enough in the last 2 years. He needs to play and play well as we have given up a heap to get him.

Looks like Prestia is a bust but just because we gave up heaps this is no reason to play him if Miles will give us a better performance.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #809 on: May 01, 2017, 09:49:39 AM »
underwhelming
Lots of people name their swords......