Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 579450 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2015, 06:11:18 AM »
Smart businessman running the club

750k ain't a lot of money. Il free up a mill now. Foley, Hamner, Newy and Knights. There's your franklin or Treloar.

No balls mr Hartley prefers the trengrove types
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2015, 06:15:12 AM »
Yet more evidence we should forget about any premiership aspirations while Richardson, Hackson & Hartley remain at the club. Wow...just ...wow....

Never liked that appointment of Dan Richardson a former player agent in his role hasn'timpressed me at all.Neil Balme was our man and he was never contracted to the cats.
Yea done a terrible job re signing every one of our stars off contract  ::) get a clue , he s one of the best in the business ,  :clapping

Retaining the best players is the bare minimum a club in our position should be doing.

Yep thank you and 100% on the money. Absolutely hopeless yeah come to us we are a big Melbourne club etc etc but then have a crack at trengrove

Dan is a flog I would like to see him show some balls and offer a massive contract for a Treloar type. My guess is he will settle for motlop, pay overs and he then  becomes the new whipping boy

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2015, 06:23:06 AM »
Maybe we should cool our jets on this one until October, after all something might happen....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2015, 07:22:47 AM »
Never liked that appointment of Dan Richardson a former player agent in his role hasn'timpressed me at all.Neil Balme was our man and he was never contracted to the cats.
Yea done a terrible job re signing every one of our stars off contract  ::) get a clue , he s one of the best in the business ,  :clapping

Retaining the best players is the bare minimum a club in our position should be doing.

Like how Hawthorn lost buddy? Geelong Ablett and Christensen? Sydney Malceski and Mumford? Collingwood Beams? Adelaide likely Dangerfield? St Kilda Goddard? Looks to me if we are one pf the only teams to retain our players. Dont just wipe that away like a grain of salt - its a far bigger deal than you make it out.

And giving 6 year contracts on multimillion dollars is absolute stupidity if you ask me. Look at the NBA and NFL if you want examples of where they have failed (Inner turmoil with Scottie Pippen amd MJ as their deals by 3rd year were outdated deapite being two of the top 5 players... or allan houston. Knicks signed him to biggest contract ever and he flops with injuries. All unexpected).

I for one think Dan has nothing to answer for at this stage.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2015, 09:52:42 AM »
Haha we won't be getting anything with 750k.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2015, 02:08:54 PM »

Like how Hawthorn lost buddy? Geelong Ablett and Christensen? Sydney Malceski and Mumford? Collingwood Beams? Adelaide likely Dangerfield? St Kilda Goddard? Looks to me if we are one pf the only teams to retain our players. Dont just wipe that away like a grain of salt - its a far bigger deal than you make it out.

And giving 6 year contracts on multimillion dollars is absolute stupidity if you ask me. Look at the NBA and NFL if you want examples of where they have failed (Inner turmoil with Scottie Pippen amd MJ as their deals by 3rd year were outdated deapite being two of the top 5 players... or allan houston. Knicks signed him to biggest contract ever and he flops with injuries. All unexpected).

Hawthorn - had already won a flag -2 if you count 2008- then added Lake, McEvoy & Frawley (not to mention Burgoyne, Hale & Gunston since 2008). Sydney - won a flag, then got Franklin & Tippett, Malceski's on his last legs, didn't even try to keep Mumford; though admittedly they also had COLA . Geelong - had just won their 3rd flag in 5 seasons when Ablett left for a new expansion side that had massive concessions and money to burn. All those sides have more bonafide stars than we have. St. Kilda - already had 2 GF  appearances(and a replay), premiership window was closed, rebuilding, years away from another premiership tilt when Goddard walked.... Adelaide - well how about you wait until that's actually confirmed before you use it as an example? (Ironic that one the other teams you used as an example is his most likely destination if he does leave) Besides - Dangerfield's a FA, only Rance has been a FA for us , the other stars we've re-signed so far haven't been. Riewoldt will be next year.

Not sure what that Seppo sport has to do with the price of fish either....do they even have a salary cap over there...or limits on free agency? Totally irrelevant to the AFL.

Unless they go against form and what Richardson just indicated and pull something out of their arse come the silly season, as it stands right now, Richardson, Hartley & Hackson are all incompetent boobs and need to stuff off. Another HBF a priority - stuff me drunk.....it's like Wallace, Miller & Cameron never left....
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:36:59 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2015, 05:05:54 PM »
St. Kilda - already had 2 GF  appearances(and a replay), premiership window was closed, rebuilding, years away from another premiership tilt when Goddard walked....

Goddard didn't even leave on his own accord. St Kilda wanted him moved on to speed up the rebuild

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2015, 05:14:38 PM »
As far as trades go, How about.
Tomlinson kpp. GWS. Can play both in defense and forward and play both roles really well imo. Certainly meets a need and gives us great cover fwd and back.

Redden ruck P/A. wasnt long ago he was keeping Lobbe out of ports team and really looking the goods. With the arrival of ryder there may be an opportunity.

Jacob Townsend 187cm 89kg  inside mid GWS. Imo this bloke is as hard as nails.  a tackling machine who makes his tackles count. would make a great run with mid and only needs to find a bit more ball to become a decent big inside ball winner.

Some smokies in the nd.
Oleg Markov 187cm 78kg outside super quick and athletic mid/hf.I dont normally focus too much on really skinny kids, but I wanted us to take him big time  last yr .I certainly would not hesitate to take him this yr. Just needs more size and we will have our line breaking mid. He has done well in reserves and u18s. We could have rookied him last yr but i think we would be looking at maybe second round this yr at least.

Mitchell Hibberd 191cm 87kg  - running defender could play mid . I love his size. A tassie lad from my old patch Clarence. He has  had heaps of injury but knows how to find the ball. Trouble is he is now starting to make waves.

Davin Ferreira 178cm   we are looking for sml forwards arent we. Made his senior debut for Norwood and blitzed it. He is quick and  skillful, defends well and has a bit of x factor about him.Worth keeping an eye on.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2015, 05:20:02 PM »

Mitchell Hibberd 191cm 87kg  - running defender could play mid . I love his size. A tassie lad from my old patch Clarence. He has  had heaps of injury but knows how to find the ball. Trouble is he is now starting to make waves.

Related to Michael Hibberd?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2015, 05:54:14 PM »
St. Kilda - already had 2 GF  appearances(and a replay), premiership window was closed, rebuilding, years away from another premiership tilt when Goddard walked....

Goddard didn't even leave on his own accord. St Kilda wanted him moved on to speed up the rebuild

Don't think he was that keen on playing under Scott Watters either.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2015, 05:54:44 PM »

Related to Michael Hibberd?
dont think so.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2015, 06:44:54 PM »
Barrett last night also said Swan Lewis Jetta has attracted interest from other clubs.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2015, 11:26:16 PM »
Motlop and Jetta are the type of player we lack - pace, skills, breaks the lines, kicks goals at ground level & defensively can chase and put pressure on opposition defenders with the ball at ground level.

It'll be interesting if the removal of the COLA will now forceably squeeze a decent Swan out of Sydney. They don't let go of too many good footballers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2015, 04:31:10 AM »

Hawthorn - had already won a flag -2 if you count 2008- then added Lake, McEvoy & Frawley (not to mention Burgoyne, Hale & Gunston since 2008). Sydney - won a flag, then got Franklin & Tippett, Malceski's on his last legs, didn't even try to keep Mumford; though admittedly they also had COLA . Geelong - had just won their 3rd flag in 5 seasons when Ablett left for a new expansion side that had massive concessions and money to burn. All those sides have more bonafide stars than we have. St. Kilda - already had 2 GF  appearances(and a replay), premiership window was closed, rebuilding, years away from another premiership tilt when Goddard walked.... Adelaide - well how about you wait until that's actually confirmed before you use it as an example? (Ironic that one the other teams you used as an example is his most likely destination if he does leave) Besides - Dangerfield's a FA, only Rance has been a FA for us , the other stars we've re-signed so far haven't been. Riewoldt will be next year.

Not sure what that Seppo sport has to do with the price of fish either....do they even have a salary cap over there...or limits on free agency? Totally irrelevant to the AFL.

Unless they go against form and what Richardson just indicated and pull something out of their arse come the silly season, as it stands right now, Richardson, Hartley & Hackson are all incompetent boobs and need to stuff off. Another HBF a priority - stuff me drunk.....it's like Wallace, Miller & Cameron never left....

Bulldogs lose cooney. Dons lose Crameri. Dees lose Frawley. Most clybs have already lost a top 1-10 player. We have not. Theres a million reasons to leave and not many to stay. We dont have the depth to lose a player. My point was never why the left - its the fact that they did leave. And you made my point for me in your rebuttal. There are so many reasons to leave. Therefore saying retaining our players is a bare minimum i think is totally ignorant of the difficulties free agency creates for footy teams.

Also the comparison with NBA is very prevelant. If only because the AFLs cap us based on it (soft cap, luxury tax etc). Plus there are so many examples in global sports in regards to contracts that to view any one sport in isolation is fraught with danger. History repeats itself.

Also i totally agree that a HBF is what we need. A food quality one. Firstly it would give us more drive from our backline and also freeing up Houli. It would then allow Vlaustin to.move more into the midfield  (oh hey, theres another inside midfielder). Its easy to look at players jn isolation. Harder, but more important to look at them within a team structure and how they will work with a greater list.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S