Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 83163 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #540 on: August 24, 2021, 07:56:45 PM »
It was interesting listening to the presser today

They were saying that the Shepparton outbreak has been linked back to the Glenroy cluster via genomics

They also said they'd managed to link 10 mystery cases over night

and

2 new comnumity cases on QLD that are "under investigation"

that is interesting?   :lol you must be bored or not busy during the day.

would rather watch paint dry than listen to any of these clowns, and their daily reporting of covid cases.

Who gives a stuff about cases, open the state and country up. The damage is profound and mental impact is real just ask the girls who tried to suicide this year.

Issue is no premier can be trusted to adhere to a strategy. Already we have seen some do or say as they please.

There should be no more reporting of covid cases IMO, and let everyone live.

Couldn’t agree more.

Had enough of these clown politicians and so called experts who have their once in a lifetime time to be in the limelight and have taken to it like the cheapest whore going around

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #541 on: August 24, 2021, 08:04:24 PM »

that is interesting?   :lol you must be bored or not busy during the day.

Don't understand why you have to add in one of these  :lol ? Why belittle?

And I was listening while I took an early lunch before 3 hours of online meetings

I find the science of genomics interesting.

to be able to match (link) a strand of virus to another is amazing when you think back to what was like in the past

Who gives a stuff about cases, open the state and country up. The damage is profound and mental impact is real just ask the girls who tried to suicide this year.

Issue is no premier can be trusted to adhere to a strategy. Already we have seen some do or say as they please.

get vaccinated and we open up it's pretty simple really

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #542 on: August 24, 2021, 09:04:59 PM »
get vaccinated so we "may" open up WP? People can do what they like, and i hold no grudges if they dont want to because of these lying pieces of poo. The only way most people will believe them is when they see it for their own eyes. That is life with no restrictions including overseas travel. Until then its all words. NSW will be the first to adopt this strategy and lets hope others follow suit, but i wont hold my breath.

The daily reporting of covid cases is beyond a joke and only a select few actually give a stuff now. In the real world i live in talking to business owners on a daily basis, can tell you its really sad, and no one cares. The best thing they can do is cease the media frenzy reporting of this garbage, and post only ones that matter. deaths, ICU etc. If they insist to ruin peoples lives with the 7th, 8th and 14th lockdowns then tie it to ICU patients and not covid cases. eg. 30% iCU = lockdown or isolate the area in question and let everyone goes as they please.

I recall the cowes breakout was hot topic last month, as was the mcg cluster and the stooges at the protest just after that. How did we go with all that? Was there any reason to stir up all these emotions and put peoples business and lives on hold?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #543 on: August 25, 2021, 07:16:34 AM »
get vaccinated so we "may" open up WP? People can do what they like, and i hold no grudges if they dont want to because of these lying pieces of poo. The only way most people will believe them is when they see it for their own eyes. That is life with no restrictions including overseas travel. Until then its all words. NSW will be the first to adopt this strategy and lets hope others follow suit, but i wont hold my breath.

The daily reporting of covid cases is beyond a joke and only a select few actually give a stuff now. In the real world i live in talking to business owners on a daily basis, can tell you its really sad, and no one cares. The best thing they can do is cease the media frenzy reporting of this garbage, and post only ones that matter. deaths, ICU etc. If they insist to ruin peoples lives with the 7th, 8th and 14th lockdowns then tie it to ICU patients and not covid cases. eg. 30% iCU = lockdown or isolate the area in question and let everyone goes as they please.

I recall the cowes breakout was hot topic last month, as was the mcg cluster and the stooges at the protest just after that. How did we go with all that? Was there any reason to stir up all these emotions and put peoples business and lives on hold?

Simple question Frankie, have you read the Doherty report, not the bits the pollies spruik but the report itself?

It is a yes or no question

And just on NSW, suggest you listen to Gladys a bit more closely. Her intention to open up at whatever point is based predominately on the number of people vaccinated, not cases, or people in hospital or ICU but vaccinations

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #544 on: August 25, 2021, 07:52:48 AM »
or the number of deaths

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #545 on: August 25, 2021, 09:20:12 AM »

Simple question Frankie, have you read the Doherty report, not the bits the pollies spruik but the report itself?

It is a yes or no question

And just on NSW, suggest you listen to Gladys a bit more closely. Her intention to open up at whatever point is based predominately on the number of people vaccinated, not cases, or people in hospital or ICU but vaccinations

yes, and its absolutely irrelevant if the states dont follow the strategy. Already we have seen some premiers backflip or start twisting the modelling as it was done on 30 causes not 500. We also saw the modelling state that jabbing kids over 12 didnt make an enormous amount of difference. Should we believe that it stops there, or then it becomes 6 year olds? Again i wont be holding my breath.

if you read my previous post i did say gladys would be the fist to adopt this strategy, and my question is why should anyone trust her or the rest until it actually happens.

Andrews stated he would only lockdown on "advice" Such a broad term that no one can trust given the impact these lockdowns have had in Victoria. So yes excuse me, but im sure i'm not alone in holding my breath until the promises are actually delivered.

The media and premiers prey on daily cases to remain relevant. Becoming less and less relevant is what it is.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #546 on: August 25, 2021, 09:39:55 AM »
You can only control and do what you need to do

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: August 25, 2021, 10:29:14 AM »
The Doherty Institute plan to re-open Australia has finally achieved bipartisan backing, with Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese throwing his support behind the scheme after weeks of uncertainty.

Put on the spot over his support for the plan on ABC News Breakfast, Mr Albanese said, “yes, I do” support the plan.

“I support the national plan. It has proposals at 70 per cent and 80 per cent. It is, as it is written, there is scope there for lockdowns, but targeted if they’re absolutely necessary,” he said.

Good start. Scope for lockdowns means they will do they will continually do what they want.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fcoronavirus%2Falbo-well-back-pms-plan-to-reopen-australia%2Fnews-story%2F09435d21c4751da0efad9f0b733dbb3e&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #548 on: August 25, 2021, 02:58:55 PM »
VIC - 45 new cases today. 36 linked. 9 under investigation. 17 in isolation. 28 out in the community during their infectious period. 36 in hospital. 9 in ICU (7 on ventilators). 538 cases are now active in Victoria: 114 under 9, 101 between 10-19, 89 are in their 20s.

NSW - 919 new cases (national record). 645 in hospitals. 113 in ICU (40 on ventilators). 55 out in the community for all or part of their infectious period. 758 under investigation. 2 deaths including a woman in her 30s.

ACT - 9 new cases. 6 in hospital.

Fully vaccinated population:
Total:   24.6%
12+:    28.9%
16+:    30.9%

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #549 on: August 25, 2021, 07:20:03 PM »
Who gives a stuff about cases, open the state and country up.
You can't ignore cases (and especially the exponentially rising cases in NSW) when the vast majority of the population is still unvaccinated. More unvaccinated cases equals more hospital admissions and more ICU beds taken up. The health system would be overrun if we just "opened up" now :facepalm. In NSW, hospital and ICU admissions have doubled in a fortnight. We are already seeing Westmead hospital in Western Sydney struggling to cope given the rising cases up there.  They've had to put a pause on new arrivals with covid for 24 hours given the hospital is already handling 1500 in the community, 121 in the wards and 23 in ICU. This is the real world!

The damage is profound and mental impact is real just ask the girls who tried to suicide this year.
Correlation isn't causation. The reasons for mental illness and suicide are complex. Not trivially down to just one issue. Suicides with respect to boys has actually reduced and the total number of suicides amongst men and women is lower than pretty much any of the previous 4 years.

Most kids are tougher than what people think. The Naplan results published today demonstrate this.

No one is saying this isn't tough to go through. However, good parents understand and reassure their kids. Generations of the past didn't have things like the internet and Xboxes to entertain themselves and communicate with their friends. You had to use your own imagination to entertain yourself. You should hear my 64 year old cousin. In the 70s, times were so tough her then husband had to go away and drive trucks to earn money while she was left to look after two kids as well as run their farm in the middle of nowhere in rural Queensland. She let rip on the phone the other day at the current "me me me" types as being too selfish, spoilt and soft  :shh.     

Given the lack of leadership and lack of action over the ordering and rollout of vaccines, not building purpose built quarantine facilities, the flip flopping over supporting & rejecting lockdowns, and new 'plan' after new 'plan' from Morrison and the Feds, I'm not surprised many of them don't listen anymore. We wouldn't be in this lockdown in the first place if Morrison hadn't avoided responsibility and stuffed up. But hey, 'it wasn't a race' to get vaccinated in the six months before winter ::)

The remained of the year is going to be about balance and each state will have to weigh up what is best for them. The required % of the population need to be vaccinated is proportional to the infectiousness of the virus. The Doherty report claims 70-80% is required with existing community cases before we can even begin to start to open up and not swamp our health system. There's still going to be some restrictions especially for the unvaccinated to control hospitalisations and deaths. With all that, 80% according to their modelling will result in 1200 deaths nationwide which equates to a bad flu season. That's manageable.

Ideally once we reach that figure in October/November, we will continue to strive to vaccinate even more people (hopefully the kids as well if they are allowed to) to reach 90-95% which is the level for highly infectious diseases such as Measles. Things like wearing masks on crowded PT may still be recommended and a culture of 'politeness' similar to some eastern Asian countries may develop but at 95% of the total population we should able to open up completely (OS borders, etc) IMO as you're effectively crushing covid at that level.

As for states like WA, SA & Qld who are effectively fairly open already internally, they'd be asking themselves why follow a federal 'plan' if other states have a large number of cases and it would make things worse for their state and citizens than it is now. They're not put into power to appease Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne and may think it would be better for them to wait until they reach that higher 90-95% vaccinated target before opening borders and letting covid in.

Hello censorship :huh3.

The sooking minority who are refusing to get vaccinated can't whinge about lack of "freedom" when they are deliberating acting against what is needed to be done to get to that "freedom".
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #550 on: August 25, 2021, 07:47:56 PM »
That is one hospital that is stretched, lets compare how they are going around the state.

Do we have any data on that?

with the greatest respect on kids, do you actually have any going to school or do you run a business? I think i'm one of the lucky ones as mine seem to have excelled especially this year, but i know many that are struggling. Mental impact in the family house is at extreme levels in this state. Thats what i see in the real world maybe step out and have a chat to a few and you may change your tune. Naplan results are skewed and not to be taken seriously. In fact i know one principle who offers the test only to a select few in the class.  :banghead

You raise some other valid points, and time will tell if we get to 80% and we see more excuses. I expect it will happen in some states. 1200 deaths is manageable, and will not place undue pressure on our hospitals, lets be honest here. Even as bad as we were last year our hospital system coped fine, as is Sydneys now with the exception of one hospital.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #551 on: August 25, 2021, 08:04:23 PM »
Happy to have 1200 deaths as long as it's not me or anybody I know.
Is that what you are saying?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: August 25, 2021, 08:22:51 PM »
1200 deaths or even 120 is bad but how is that any different to a bad flu season.

Protect yourself get jabbed, and you wont be one of them?

That is how i see it. I didn't mean to sound hash but its the fact. We can cope at that level so no excuses not to open up fully at 80.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #553 on: August 25, 2021, 11:23:06 PM »
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-18/melbourne-lockdown-mental-health-brett-sutton-response-covid/100384122  :shh

The only thing that Sutton can say is that its better than the alternative :banghead. He really should choose his words carefully or step aside.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #554 on: August 26, 2021, 07:12:13 AM »
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-18/melbourne-lockdown-mental-health-brett-sutton-response-covid/100384122  :shh

The only thing that Sutton can say is that its better than the alternative :banghead. He really should choose his words carefully or step aside.

I understand your point Frankie. As someone who has been to incredibly dark places because of these lockdowns I really understand your point.

But the above article is another reason I watch the pressers. That article quotes only part of the answer he gave  which has been used to highlight what the other Doctor's point is, to strengthen their case if you like. I understand why the media do it but it doesn't make it a balanced article.