Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 82087 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #405 on: July 16, 2021, 02:00:18 PM »
Finally fully vaccinated :thumbsup. At least you can go into the city to get the jab.

If only this rollout started 7 months ago when it should have then we wouldn't still need lockdowns. But some useless muppet in the Lodge was asleep at the wheel and said the vaccine wasn't a race and nor did the Feds build proper quarantine facilities ::) :facepalm.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #406 on: July 16, 2021, 06:29:44 PM »
Sorry Damo this was only ever going one way with a tyrant in charge.

Fancy locking down an entire state that includes places like Mildura and Phillip island, that is separated by a bridge that hasn't had a case in over 12 months.  :lol

People wonder why some people aren't so "truthful" with their responses. Perhaps look at their leaders responses during covid, and you will find the answer. I'm not saying I agree with it especially in WP's examples though I can understand when those in charge lie, cripple Victorian businesses and livelihoods.

While I get your point Frankie about locking down the entire state I have to say I am not at all surprised. I didn't agree with the entire state being lockdown for 4 & 3 but I get why and agree with why they've done it for number 5.

Seeing the "removalists" are not being as open and truthful as what we need them to be with not only Vic authorities but SA & NSW authorities as well then there is no clear idea of ALL the places they've been to. 

Contact tracers only found out about Kalkallo via CCTV. Same with Jindara outside of Albury and Tailem Bend in SA. These 3 upstanding characters and the company they work for still haven't given concise info on what route they took to get back to Sydney... So how does anyone know where they stopped?

Add in the MCG situation, all exposure sites and now AAMI stadium being exposure site then we sadly don't know who may have it and where it's been transported to until test results come through. People travel to come the footy, just look at posters on here as we know they travel to Melb for the footy. So there is a chance that someone from regional Vic who over the last weekend went to that game, or went to Y&J or any other site have taken it back. Yes it is slim but it is still a possibility...

I feel for businesses I really do but what are the options?

Do a soft lockdown like Sydney? Don't think that's working to well and who knows long it will go ...

Just let it rip through the community and hope the number of cases ending up in hospital or deaths aren't too high? And then point the finger of blame at who?

Right now we clearly can't rely on vaccinations when the numbers are so low....

So what as I said what options do we have?

I hate lockdowns, hate them with a passion. Without going into great detail No. 4 broke me. The pain it caused me was a pain I hadn't felt since Ma Powell passed away. So I understand the damage they do to everyone.

Granted it is different for everyone but it impacts, damages. Whether the impact is anger, hate, financial, just frustration etc it effects everyone in one way or another 

But right now I can't see any other option... sadly

Fair enough i take your point. Lockdowns arent great for many businesses. It barely pays for stock. For me it had very little effect, though it has on my kids, especially the youngest.

I just think if people are honest in their movements, as they have in the past why cant they open up? This lying to authorities was never an issue during the previous lockdowns and guess what same restrictions for a period of time.

I would love to see the odds of catching covid in melbourne vrs being hit by a bus.

Anyway we are stuck with it.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #407 on: July 16, 2021, 07:04:57 PM »
There's a covid case and tier 1 exposure sites on Phillip Island. Nowhere is immune from this.

https://sgst.com.au/2021/07/covid-case-in-phillip-island/

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #408 on: July 16, 2021, 07:18:57 PM »
 :lol Has no bearing on why they shouldn't lockdown a state, especially other regional parts.

Was this the trucky? No. So what has a random cafe owner in town got to do with those exposure sites unless covid travels km's by air.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #409 on: July 16, 2021, 08:02:36 PM »
:lol Has no bearing on why they shouldn't lockdown a state, especially other regional parts.

Was this the trucky? No. So what has a random cafe owner in town got to do with those exposure sites unless covid travels km's by air.
You brought up Phillip Island. All I did was post that there's a positive case and tier 1 exposure sites there now. People move around the state that's why there's a case on Phillip Island. If you just lockdown Melbourne then the usual "me me me" selfish sods leave for the regional areas against the wishes of the locals who don't want them.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #410 on: July 16, 2021, 08:20:47 PM »

The 3 exposure sites on Phillip Island have come to light due on of the positive cases from the MCG travelled down there not knowing they had COVID.

And yes this is directly linked to removalists
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #411 on: July 16, 2021, 09:38:35 PM »

You brought up Phillip Island. All I did was post that there's a positive case and tier 1 exposure sites there now. People move around the state that's why there's a case on Phillip Island. If you just lockdown Melbourne then the usual "me me me" selfish sods leave for the regional areas against the wishes of the locals who don't want them.

wrong. Instead of policing mask dodgers in town station an officer at the point of entry into that regional spot. Its actually not that difficult. Try again

The 3 exposure sites on Phillip Island have come to light due on of the positive cases from the MCG travelled down there not knowing they had COVID.

And yes this is directly linked to removalists

i never said it wasnt directly linked i said it wasnt them. There is a difference. One party tells the truth and one doesnt.

so lets assume this person is telling the truth why lockdown the entire state, and the whole of Phillip island. Does covid travel by air, and does it kill on impact? lock down the exposure site, end of story.

i know businesses and owners would be in far more pain.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: July 18, 2021, 11:17:04 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ncb_cfc/status/1416551782046572544

Well said bucks. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I do get it. Those who are old, or in a high risk category, and watch the daily news  tend to panic more than others.

Fleeting transmission that results in death, especially outdoors and in a category not described above is the biggest crock of poo I've heard in my life.

it's very contagious and travels by air across kms so let's shut down the entire state , including all schools and non exposure sites.  :lol :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #413 on: July 18, 2021, 11:45:24 AM »
It's now made its way to Mildura from the MCG

And up in NSW another 102 cases, 27 infectious in the community and another death

I do get it. Those who are old, or in a high risk category, and watch the daily news  tend to panic more than others.

Fleeting transmission that results in death, especially outdoors and in a category not described above is the biggest crock of poo I've heard in my life.

it's very contagious and travels by air across kms so let's shut down the entire state , including all schools and non exposure sites.  :lol :lol

Interesting you only link to one Nathan Buckley Tweet.. notice you didn't link his very next one where he supports the lockdown and ask like most of do what is the long term solution

But anyway...

Frankie, I have no issue with you having the opinion you do. Fair to say we will always agree to disagree

But I can I just say I hope no one you know ever gets it let alone ends up in hospital with it. It is an insidious disease. Our family have seen it first hand.

I just hope no one gets it

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #414 on: July 18, 2021, 11:54:37 AM »
Oh from that leading epidemiologist Nathan Buckley  :lol.

One thing that has come out of this pandemic is how poor a knowledge and understanding of maths and science a number of people (especially certain pollies, celebs, footballers, etc) have.

si tacuisses philosophus mansisses  :shh.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: July 19, 2021, 12:29:07 AM »
Bucks is right on the money and I read all of it. Must be an ex pies thing as once they leave they see things for what they are. Jayden Stevenson also. If I recall even our own coach tore down covid signs last year. He too probably thinks the same, but toes the party line.

Not sure you followed WP, but I  will repeat. I know 3 people who had it. One a friend married to an officer in Werribee, one a close mate returning from Dubai who copped the UK strain, whom I saw days after his release, and one an old family friend who went in to the Alfred for a cancer check up and came out with covid.

All survived without an issue, with 2 stating they had hangovers worse. Is this the same for everyone? No. Does it exist yes. Do I agree with fleeting outdoor transmission that kills low risk people from randoms 2 plus metres away, and with an elimination strategy. No. It's farcical.

Perhaps you fit  into one or more of the categories I mentioned earlier, along with MT, but IMO locking down whole states instead of tier one locations is laughable. You, yourself said the truckies weren't being truthful in their movements, so now that has passed what is it this time? :shh what was it the previous 4 :shh.

Andrews has no confidence in his contract tracing system which is the truth unfortunately, as they seek an elimination strategy each and every lockdown.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #416 on: July 19, 2021, 09:02:13 AM »
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/covid-vaccine-risks-doctor-puts-astrazeneca-pfizer-risks-into-perspective/news-story/60b4abc289ba7cabaf1e932afa71e35d

Food for thought.

Risk of clots from oral contraceptive is 1:1000.

Same risk from AZ vaccine is 1:100000.

Risk of death from COVID-19 is 1:49.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #417 on: July 19, 2021, 09:50:38 AM »
Bucks is right on the money and I read all of it. Must be an ex pies thing as once they leave they see things for what they are. Jayden Stevenson also. If I recall even our own coach tore down covid signs last year. He too probably thinks the same, but toes the party line.

So Bucks is right in everything he Tweeted or just the first one you linked too?

Not sure you followed WP, but I  will repeat. I know 3 people who had it. One a friend married to an officer in Werribee, one a close mate returning from Dubai who copped the UK strain, whom I saw days after his release, and one an old family friend who went in to the Alfred for a cancer check up and came out with covid.

All survived without an issue, with 2 stating they had hangovers worse. Is this the same for everyone? No. Does it exist yes. Do I agree with fleeting outdoor transmission that kills low risk people from randoms 2 plus metres away, and with an elimination strategy. No. It's farcical.

And as I said I have a cousin who was on the Ruby Princess. I won't go into to what they were told when the ship docked but she is very clear on who is to blame for that little fiasco. Anyway both she and and her husband both got COVID. Luckily for her husband he got mild COVID, no more than a bad cold.

My cousin however wasn't as lucky and ended up in hospital for 10 days fighting for her life for the first 3 days.... Yes she survived but she now has permanent damage to her lungs and will have long term health issues for the the rest of her life. A fit and very healthy person in their 50's ....

Pretty sure the 8 people up in Sydney on ventilators think it is little bit worse than a bad hangover or bad cold.

As for fleeting transmission? So if you could can: you please explain how the one of the cases from the MCC members got COVID when they were no where near the bloke from the Maribyrnong apartments? How did they get it exactly?

Perhaps you fit  into one or more of the categories I mentioned earlier, along with MT, but IMO locking down whole states instead of tier one locations is laughable. You, yourself said the truckies weren't being truthful in their movements, so now that has passed what is it this time? :shh what was it the previous 4 :shh.

Andrews has no confidence in his contract tracing system which is the truth unfortunately, as they seek an elimination strategy each and every lockdown.

On the truckies they were in Victoria between the 8th to the 10th so that means allowing for the 14 days incubation period which is standard across the world the time has indeed not passed 8 + 14 = 22 not 19

As for contact tracing if it isn't working then why is there 280+ exposure sites listed and '000s on people in isolation (close contacts, contacts of close contacts etc)? If it wasn't working there would be 10 site listed and there would 100 in isolation and not '000s. Do you think Sydney's contact tracing is going great guns at the moment? They are struggling to keep up with the number of the daily cases that's what Gladys said

The entire state is in lockdown because it is no longer confined to Metro Melb which is what was feared and is what happened.

People who were infectious have travelled throughout the state. Phillip Island, Mildura, Geelong, Barwon and all the stops in between

Although it is beyond frustrating being another lockdown I'd rather be where we are right now than what is happening in NSW. They will be in lockdown longer than Victoria at this stage

And as always I ask the question what alternative do we have? Let the virus rip through and hope for the best? And once there is loss of life because of it who are we going to blame?

Every expert around the world says vaccination is the way out of lockdowns but if people can't (due to our botched vaccine roll out) or simply won't get vaccinated then what do we do?

Suppose it all comes down to what or who you value most  :huh

No easy answers.....

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #418 on: July 19, 2021, 10:03:25 AM »

I am the biggest non-Bucks fan out there but I have to come to his defense on how he was attacked for voicing an opinion, apparently you are not allowed to voice a contrary opinion on Covid and if you do you will attract hate on a large scale.

We have became the nation of the biggest whinging aholes in the whole world.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #419 on: July 19, 2021, 01:35:24 PM »
Lockdown to be extended but for how long will be announced tomorrow. 13 cases today and a further 4 since midnight. The positive is those 4 have all been in lockdown isolation during their infectious period.

NSW has had another 98 cases. 37 were infectious in the community.

And to add this an elderly man who returned to South Australia from hotel quarantine in NSW has tested positive to Covid in Adelaide. So SA is on high alert.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-south-australia-update-new-covid-19-case-modbury-hospital-quarantined-in-nsw/434196cd-3fb2-44f6-944c-ee47a5dbf2ab