Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 82071 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #420 on: July 19, 2021, 03:11:48 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ncb_cfc/status/1416551782046572544

Well said bucks. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I do get it. Those who are old, or in a high risk category, and watch the daily news  tend to panic more than others.

Fleeting transmission that results in death, especially outdoors and in a category not described above is the biggest crock of poo I've heard in my life.

it's very contagious and travels by air across kms so let's shut down the entire state , including all schools and non exposure sites.  :lol :lol

I am the biggest non-Bucks fan out there but I have to come to his defense on how he was attacked for voicing an opinion, apparently you are not allowed to voice a contrary opinion on Covid and if you do you will attract hate on a large scale.

We have became the nation of the biggest whinging aholes in the whole world.

Got no issue with Bucks and his opinion Chuck

last time I checked we are still entitled to have them

But.. he posted 3 tweets within the space of less than an hour

All the media and people are talking about is his first one

The media for only reasons they can explain have not made any reference to his other tweets. One (the 2nd) of which he said he supported the hard fast lockdown.

Why is that exactly?

So by extension people are jumping on one statement and not the entire 3 because it appears it doesn't suit their collective narrative

BTW the 3rd was where he said debate / robust discussion is a good thing but we still needed to take care of one another

As I said no issue with his opinion but I just wish people would look at all 3 three rather just select one
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 05:05:34 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #422 on: July 20, 2021, 08:12:05 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ncb_cfc/status/1416551782046572544

Well said bucks. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I do get it. Those who are old, or in a high risk category, and watch the daily news  tend to panic more than others.

Fleeting transmission that results in death, especially outdoors and in a category not described above is the biggest crock of poo I've heard in my life.

it's very contagious and travels by air across kms so let's shut down the entire state , including all schools and non exposure sites.  :lol :lol

I am the biggest non-Bucks fan out there but I have to come to his defense on how he was attacked for voicing an opinion, apparently you are not allowed to voice a contrary opinion on Covid and if you do you will attract hate on a large scale.

We have became the nation of the biggest whinging aholes in the whole world.

Got no issue with Bucks and his opinion Chuck

last time I checked we are still entitled to have them

But.. he posted 3 tweets within the space of less than an hour

All the media and people are talking about is his first one

The media for only reasons they can explain have not made any reference to his other tweets. One (the 2nd) of which he said he supported the hard fast lockdown.

Why is that exactly?

So by extension people are jumping on one statement and not the entire 3 because it appears it doesn't suit their collective narrative

BTW the 3rd was where he said debate / robust discussion is a good thing but we still needed to take care of one another

As I said no issue with his opinion but I just wish people would look at all 3 three rather just select one

Which people are you referring to? His 2 quotes mean absolutely jack poo in the context of his message. Now that you brought it up. Care. Yes exactly take care of people which clearly some people dont  give a toss about a struggling regional business owner that has next to no chance of getting covid?

You seem to only care about a virus which for most people doesn't kill or hurt if they are fit young and healthy.

Protect the frail, elderly and exposure sites and let everyone go about their business. I mean my council has one case  so plenty of "care" shown there.

Bux and Stevenson have an open mind about what messages people are being told, perhaps you should also. It helps to stop watching the news also .

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #423 on: July 20, 2021, 01:23:46 PM »
VIC - Lockdown extended for a further 7 days. 13 cases today. 9 in isolation. 4 partially in the community. 1 mystery case in
        Roxburgh park.

NSW - 78 cases today. 21 in the community. 95 in hospital. 27 in intensive care. 11 on ventilators. So far 5 dead.

SA - will go into a 7 day lockdown from 6pm tonight. 5 cases in the community, two linked to an indoor "celebratory function" at
       restaurant. Genomic testing says it's the Delta variant from NSW HQ.

QLD - one case in the community today.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #424 on: July 20, 2021, 09:08:51 PM »
so i see Phillip Island is up to 6 cases, 5 from the same travelling party into the island.

Lets hope it stays like that.

How contagious is this thing, because surely with so many exposure sites many more would have contracted the disease, let alone the people who never went there.

Best they have come up with is now its been detected in the waste water :lol They wonder why people aren't rushing for the jab.

My question to those who prefer a statewide lockdown. Would you still prefer it, if say 80% plus over 50 is vaccinated? if you believe Hunt, and can understand why people wouldnt, today they are at 60% for the over 50's.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #425 on: July 21, 2021, 01:03:54 AM »
NSW has put certain regional areas around Orange in lockdown because it's spread there. It also had spread to Coffs Harbour. Covid doesn't care about imaginary lines on a map between city and country areas.

My question to those who prefer a statewide lockdown. Would you still prefer it, if say 80% plus over 50 is vaccinated? if you believe Hunt, and can understand why people wouldnt, today they are at 60% for the over 50's.
Greg Hunt lying again making out getting one dose is "vaccinated"  ::).

On his own federal government covid website it states that only 18.5% of over 50s are fully vaccinated. FFS, over two thirds of over 70s are still not fully vaccinated :facepalm.

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/australias-covid-19-vaccine-rollout

The vaccine rollout has been an utter shambles. There's a reason why Australia is last in the OCED.

Anyway, to answer your question, we need >80% of the over 16 population fully vaccinated (two doses). At the moment we're only at 14% :facepalm. The use of masks in certain dense indoor settings I'm presuming will also remain as an additional cheap defence. The vaccines provide a 90+% effectiveness against hospitalisation. Having effective herd immunity via the vaccine (in combo with masks) will also limit the virus from mutating rapidly to even more stronger strains.

Right now we (Australia) are still seeing covid spread even with significant restrictions. Vaccine rates need to be the vast majority of the population before we can fully open up (including international travel). It's likely there will some quarantine restrictions on international arrivals and destinations for a number of years given undeveloped countries will still be significantly unvaccinated. That's another reason why we needed purpose-built quarantine facilities around Australia despite 18 months of inaction from the federal government.

It won't surprise me either if people require vaccination passports & certificates to travel and attend large mass gathering events. The nurse who gave me my second jab told me my vaccination certificate will be attached to my account on the mygov website. There's also been so talk that if the Grand Final was to be held at the MCG then only fully vaccinated fans should be allowed to attend so we can still have a decently large crowd.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #426 on: July 21, 2021, 08:13:51 AM »
On average the flu would have killed 157 Aussies at this stage of the year

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #427 on: July 21, 2021, 09:52:12 AM »

But (if you believe Greg Hunt) there have been on deaths this year from the flu.

It was one of the stat's he waffled on about yesterday in his presser

Have to say there is a lot of waffle in ALL pressers  ;D

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #428 on: July 21, 2021, 11:35:20 AM »
NSW has put certain regional areas around Orange in lockdown because it's spread there. It also had spread to Coffs Harbour. Covid doesn't care about imaginary lines on a map between city and country areas.

Greg Hunt lying again making out getting one dose is "vaccinated"  ::).

On his own federal government covid website it states that only 18.5% of over 50s are fully vaccinated. FFS, over two thirds of over 70s are still not fully vaccinated :facepalm.

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/australias-covid-19-vaccine-rollout

The vaccine rollout has been an utter shambles. There's a reason why Australia is last in the OCED.

Anyway, to answer your question, we need >80% of the over 16 population fully vaccinated (two doses). At the moment we're only at 14% :facepalm. The use of masks in certain dense indoor settings I'm presuming will also remain as an additional cheap defence. The vaccines provide a 90+% effectiveness against hospitalisation. Having effective herd immunity via the vaccine (in combo with masks) will also limit the virus from mutating rapidly to even more stronger strains.

Right now we (Australia) are still seeing covid spread even with significant restrictions. Vaccine rates need to be the vast majority of the population before we can fully open up (including international travel). It's likely there will some quarantine restrictions on international arrivals and destinations for a number of years given undeveloped countries will still be significantly unvaccinated. That's another reason why we needed purpose-built quarantine facilities around Australia despite 18 months of inaction from the federal government.

It won't surprise me either if people require vaccination passports & certificates to travel and attend large mass gathering events. The nurse who gave me my second jab told me my vaccination certificate will be attached to my account on the mygov website. There's also been so talk that if the Grand Final was to be held at the MCG then only fully vaccinated fans should be allowed to attend so we can still have a decently large crowd.

fair enough MT, though can i ask why do we need that many vaccinated. Do people like hunt includes kids under 18 in that figure?

Does anyone know what the OZ population not including kids under 18?

I personally think we need 80% of the over 50's then the others can go as they please.

Those who haven't jabbed can run their own risk. For most it will be no more than a flu.

The majority of the risky categories (over 50's) are at no threat at this point.

As for the vax rollout, IMO its not serious here where people are dying so let other nations grab it. I dont know how truthful this is but i read african countries have limited vaccines available.

Also everyones favourite competent NZ PM Jacinta surely would have a far better vaccine rollout than Scomo. Surely :shh

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: July 21, 2021, 11:44:11 AM »

But (if you believe Greg Hunt) there have been on deaths this year from the flu.

It was one of the stat's he waffled on about yesterday in his presser

Have to say there is a lot of waffle in ALL pressers  ;D
yep sure is

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #430 on: July 21, 2021, 11:45:43 AM »

Also everyones favourite competent NZ PM Jacinta surely would have a far better vaccine rollout than Scomo. Surely :shh

Dont need a better rollout when you have everyone in the hobbit hole and have bolted the door shut

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #431 on: July 21, 2021, 12:28:04 PM »
 :lol

very true chuck.

i use the afl as an example. Even when they did have crowds no one was turning up. People would rather lock themselves up at home, in case i suspect they got covid.

Even if they do mandate a passport, or a test on entry it wont happen this year and by next year it probably wont matter as a lot of people have made up their mind and covid would have to to be totally eliminated on a global scale before these types resumed their normal life.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #432 on: July 21, 2021, 01:35:06 PM »
VIC - 22 new cases today. Thankfully 16 of those were in isolation. So 6 in the community for some period of their infection. All
        cases are linked, so no mystery cases (yesterday's 'mystery' case has now been linked). 5 people in hospital and 1 in ICU.

NSW - 110 new cases today. 37 in isolation - so that's 73 in the community for some period of their infection :facepalm. 106 in hospital and 23 in ICU. Latest modelling saying they will need to remain in lockdown to September.

SA - 1 new case today and linked. So good news so far for the croweaters. 50 exposure sites is the concern.

QLD - no local cases today. So that's good too. Sunshine Coast on alert though due to that returned Qlder who visited Young &
         Jackson's while studying down here.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #433 on: July 21, 2021, 02:05:41 PM »
A couple more interesting numbers

145 people in hospital across Australia

24 people in ICU, one of those in Vic, the rest in  NSW

Total Vic cases from this outbreak is 105 with 28k close contacts contacted and where required (tier 1 and positive) in isolation

Total NSW cases from this outbreak is now over 1,300 with 10k of close contacts contacted and where required in iso.

Qld case is interesting she was contacted by Vic contact tracing via text was told she needed to get tested and isolate for 14 days. She got tested, first test negative didn't isolate developed symptoms few days later got tested again and was found to be positive. Only isolated after 2nd test, that's why QLD is on high alert

And just our update on the upstanding removalists who caused our latest outbreak. A servo at Nhill was only added as an exposure site last night after more CCTV footage came to light. :banghead

And sticking with NSW removalists a new dynamic duo 2 were stopped by Vic police at Mildura last night trying to get into Victoria.  :facepalm They were fined and turned around and sent back
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 05:22:39 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #434 on: July 21, 2021, 04:37:04 PM »
The CCTV vision of the 3 removalists from NSW that broke the rules and then lied about it :banghead.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1417722807614468100