Author Topic: Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup  (Read 161653 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup
« Reply #1530 on: August 12, 2023, 10:59:07 PM »
Tilllys!!!! So proud of this outfit. Soccer is actually the only football I can play so I’m loving the country get around them. They’ve exceeded my expectations already so I’m just pumped to ride the wave

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1531 on: August 12, 2023, 11:44:39 PM »
The Matildas will play England in the semi-final in Sydney on Wednesday night.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1532 on: August 13, 2023, 10:15:15 AM »
I will put my hand up and say I'm one of the few who didn't watch

Don't get me wrong I'm incredibly proud but just sitting through 2 or so hours of no scoring ..well I just can't do it.

Soccer isn't my thing, I've tried and just don't get it.

But....

Well Done Matildas, you've done us proud
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1533 on: August 13, 2023, 01:04:48 PM »
so what happened to this game being televised at the G last night for its entirety? Lucky we had access to a bar on level 2 to watch the whole thing.

They didn't even have it showing on the little screens on level 2 after the 90 mins which was well before the blues/dees game had started.

Terrible call, but surely someone has got involved with that late decision. :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1534 on: August 13, 2023, 02:22:54 PM »
so what happened to this game being televised at the G last night for its entirety? Lucky we had access to a bar on level 2 to watch the whole thing.

They didn't even have it showing on the little screens on level 2 after the 90 mins which was well before the blues/dees game had started.

Terrible call, but surely someone has got involved with that late decision. :shh

Surely it was Albo or Dictator Dan's fault.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1535 on: August 13, 2023, 02:32:04 PM »

Fish rots from the head. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1536 on: August 13, 2023, 02:41:49 PM »

AFL asked FIFA if the game could be shown up until the Blues-Dees game started. FIFA said only if the whole game is shown on the big screen including if it ran overtime. The MCC stepped in and told FIFA it is their big screen and they had no legal power to tell the MCC what to do. So, the big screen cut off after 90 mins, but it was still shown on some little screens at the MCG during the game as there's footage of Blues & Dees fans celebrating Vine's winning penalty. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1537 on: August 13, 2023, 11:08:51 PM »

Fish rots from the head. :shh

Both got to go

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1538 on: August 14, 2023, 08:08:32 PM »
A lab mate is a blues fan and he said no one was watching the blues/dees game. everyone was either fixated on their phones or a small screen around the G.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1539 on: August 16, 2023, 10:19:47 PM »
Heart breaking loss. I guess you gotta lose a final before you can win one. Still awfully proud of this outfit for galvanising australia

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1540 on: August 16, 2023, 10:26:40 PM »
Brilliant goal by Kerr.

Backline a bit of a letdown IMO, gave them some easy opportunities and too much space.

England also defended very well.

Well done girls done us proud. More heart than some of our tigers

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1541 on: August 16, 2023, 10:31:58 PM »
Heart breaking loss. I guess you gotta lose a final before you can win one. Still awfully proud of this outfit for galvanising australia

Need to actually make the final first. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1542 on: August 16, 2023, 10:35:41 PM »
In the first half we were too slow and reactive. Better in the second half but all night we suffered at both ends from a lack of cohesion and polish and England made us pay for our numerous defensive brainfades.

Missed Alanna Kennedy big time in defence tonight. We were all over the shop down back and it felt like England were targeting the shorter Polkinghorne who replaced the taller Kennedy. Carpenter had an ordinary game too. Any flaws get exposed at this stage of the tournament and all up all 3 goals we conceded were gifted away due to junior level mistakes. That second goal conceded was U12s stuff :P. Likewise, the third was simply not picking up the obvious run of Russo despite us having more numbers :facepalm. Just a horror show in the back half. You can't win any game dishing up that schoolyard crap let alone a semi-final against a good well-drilled opponent. The second goal though was the game killer. Just sucked the life out of the team and the crowd. After Kerr's wonder goal we had gained the momentum too and then just so easily and stupidly gifted it and the match away :scream

A great cup run by the Matildas all up but sadly a missed opportunity.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1544 on: August 18, 2023, 12:49:03 PM »