Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 82702 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #1020 on: September 02, 2012, 01:28:03 PM »
great investment for the blooze
= i finals win and no cigar.

2/3 years left at the max. :lol
On one of the Blues forums, a poster there rated the Judd trade one of Carlton's worst lol. I think if you go through what picks they gave up to get Judd they could have instead drafted one of Dangerfield/Rioli, Scott Selwood and kept Josh Kennedy. Given Judd isn't the footballer he once was it's not such a ridiculous argument to make.

they thought they were further along than
what they are. :lol

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1021 on: September 02, 2012, 03:49:54 PM »
great investment for the blooze
= i finals win and no cigar.

2/3 years left at the max. :lol
On one of the Blues forums, a poster there rated the Judd trade one of Carlton's worst lol. I think if you go through what picks they gave up to get Judd they could have instead drafted one of Dangerfield/Rioli, Scott Selwood and kept Josh Kennedy. Given Judd isn't the footballer he once was it's not such a ridiculous argument to make.

they thought they were further along than
what they are. :lol

On sen through the week someone rang him blaming Judd and his chicken wing suspension for Rattens sacking! When Harf pointed out they won three of the four games without him he hung up :lol

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1022 on: September 02, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »
Lol, remember him calling up. He didn't have an answer for Harf..
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1023 on: September 02, 2012, 10:00:44 PM »
Stuff them and their cheating footy club.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1025 on: September 03, 2012, 03:47:06 PM »
CARLTON has made official contact with the Mick Malthouse camp and will lodge a formal job offer as early as tomorrow night.

If the parties agree to terms, Malthouse will be announced as Carlton coach by the end of the week.

Malthouse is expected to be granted permission to continue working with Channel 7 and 3AW radio through the finals.

He would commence official duties on the Monday after the Grand Final on October 1.

Carlton is believed to have made the call on Saturday, with a meeting scheduled between Malthouse, his manager Peter Sidwell and Blues powerbrokers, including president Stephen Kernahan.

Malthouse, 59, spent the weekend discussing the Carlton job with wife Nannette and his closest friends and family.

The Blues offer will be for a three-year term, costing the club well over $3 million.

Malthouse has a view the Carlton list can be tweaked to win a premiership during his tenure.

"I will meet Carlton, that's just a fact," Malthouse said yesterday.

"And I need to see where they're at, where they're going. They need to see where I'm at, because I haven't spoken to them."

Malthouse, who has spoken often of the negative effect of coaching on family, said he alone would decide if he was to return.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/mick-malthouse-says-he-will-meet-with-blues-officials/story-e6frf9jf-1226463332771

gerkin greg

« Reply #1026 on: September 03, 2012, 04:49:28 PM »
do carlton and mick still think people are buying the charade  :lol

just get on with it you fools

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
One year left for Judd?
« Reply #1027 on: February 05, 2013, 11:34:29 AM »
CARLTON president Stephen Kernahan has conceded Chris Judd may retire from football sooner than the club hopes.

A report in the Herald Sun on Tuesday said the midfield star, who relinquished the Blues captaincy for this season to concentrate on his own performance, had delayed talks on a new contract until at least mid-season.

The report said Judd, 29, might consider an early retirement to pursue other interests.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-05/doubt-over-judds-longevity

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1028 on: February 06, 2013, 11:54:49 AM »
mmm Judd has hamstring issues.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1029 on: February 26, 2013, 04:36:08 AM »
How the Judd deal works

Jon Pierik
   The Age
    February 26, 2013

THE AFL and Carlton have organised a deal allowing more than half of Chris Judd's contentious payments as a Visy ambassador to be paid as part of the Blues' injury payments allowance.

It was thought Judd's annual payments, of between $200,000 and $250,000, which until late last year had not been included under the salary cap, were now entirely included under the cap.

However, Fairfax Media can reveal more than $100,000 has been included as part of injury payments, with the remainder under the salary cap. The former captain is also paid a separate additional service agreement (ASA).

Judd's Visy deal is paid over the financial year. This has allowed some of the money he was owed in the final year of his six-year deal to be included in the last financial year and some in the current financial year.

AFL deputy chief executive Gillon McLachlan, league executive Andrew Dillon, Blues chief executive Greg Swann and Judd's manager Paul Connors met in late January to broker a deal.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/how-the-judd-deal-works-20130225-2f26z.html#ixzz2LvvrZYDv

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1030 on: March 03, 2013, 12:07:47 AM »
I was just wondering, do the brown paper bags that get passed under the table have wax paper or not? ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1031 on: March 03, 2013, 02:47:48 PM »
I was just wondering, do the brown paper bags that get passed under the table have wax paper or not? ;D

Always thought they would have used BBQ chicken bags with the foil lining a much stronger paper thanks to the greater GSM and durability  ;) ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)