Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300619 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1485 on: June 13, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »
Ellis had little or if any impact on the game.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1486 on: June 13, 2016, 02:14:31 PM »
He is very good friends with Cotch and so are their wives. Unfortunately he won't be going anywhere.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1487 on: June 13, 2016, 03:00:01 PM »
There would be at least one club dumb enough to trade

Junior list clogger
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1488 on: June 13, 2016, 03:13:49 PM »
could be dangerous. If his knees break down completely we would not be able to delist him for the same reason you mention
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1489 on: June 13, 2016, 07:48:12 PM »
Ellis soaks up the pressure in his 100th

AFL.com.au
13 June 2016

RICHMOND midfielder Brandon Ellis missed just three of his first 99 games, but he entered his 100th against Gold Coast on Sunday evening under pressure.

The hard-working midfielder needed to rebound after being completely shut out of last week's loss to North Melbourne, winning just seven possessions under a fierce tag from nemesis Sam Gibson.

A repeat of that effort in his milestone game would have been disastrous and his place in the team would have come under scrutiny, but the 22-year-old responded and played his role in a 17-point win.

"It was very important for me to bounce back and for the team to bounce back. The boys looked after me, so I really appreciated that," Ellis told AFL.com.au. 

"Gibson sat on me pretty closely last week and he's beaten me comfortably the last two times, so it's something I've got to work through.

"I'm probably going to cop a bit more attention for the rest of the year."

Ellis has raced to his first 100 games, missing just one match in his debut season in 2012 and two games in 2013.

He has played every game since returning from a hamstring injury – his only injury in season since joining the Tigers – in round 12, 2013.

"To play one game I would have been pumped, but to play 100 … ever since under-10s all I've wanted to do was play AFL," he said.

"It's come around really quick and it's been an exciting week and a pretty emotional week."

Ellis finished with 24 possessions on Sunday night, and coach Damien Hardwick said the young midfielder had achieved plenty in his first 100 games despite a quiet week in round 11.

"He was disappointing last week. He had a pretty good player in Gibson sit on him for the whole game," the coach said.

"We just had to get him back to his best. He's a work-rate type of guy and when he works incredibly hard good things happen.

"He's got a long career ahead of him, that kid. I love what he does and he's only going to get better as we work on a couple of areas of his game."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-13/brandon-ellis-soaks-up-the-pressure-in-his-100th-match

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1490 on: June 13, 2016, 08:36:48 PM »
Since when did Ellis have a wife?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1491 on: June 13, 2016, 08:50:13 PM »
It's funny how the press, the players themselves and the coach see their games and their prowess differently to the supporters. Hardwick loves this guy and he won't be going anywhere judging by his comments.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1492 on: June 14, 2016, 06:37:45 PM »
Which is just another reason why Halfstep needs to go too.

Jeez, if Collingwood gave up picks 25 & 28 for Aish who's almost as soft & useless, surely we'd get something half decent for B.Ellend.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1493 on: June 14, 2016, 06:49:03 PM »
Which is why Halfstep needs to go too.

Jeez, if Collingwood gave up picks 25 & 28 for Aish who's almost as soft & useless, surely we'd get something half decent for B.Ellend.

Dunno, we don't even rate Ellis and some people on here wanted to give a first rounder for Aish

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1494 on: June 14, 2016, 06:54:53 PM »
IIRC, I rated Aish & Scharenberg as the best of their draft year, one's shown stuff all so far and the other can't even get on the park.... :-[
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1495 on: July 01, 2016, 10:38:19 PM »
When Ellis is one of the hardest at the ball tonight what hope do we have?

tony_montana

« Reply #1496 on: July 01, 2016, 10:41:33 PM »
Saw him short step it once

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1497 on: July 01, 2016, 10:49:45 PM »
His courage in the air has always been inverse to his courage on the ground. It's quite bizarre really.

Smart club would trade him. So expect him to be re-signed for another three years.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1498 on: July 01, 2016, 10:56:49 PM »
His courage in the air has always been inverse to his courage on the ground. It's quite bizarre really.

Smart club would trade him. So expect him to be re-signed for another three years.

Yep
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1499 on: July 01, 2016, 11:08:59 PM »
How soft does his body go when he gets tackled?
My must hated player of all time.