Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 418072 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2008, 06:27:58 PM »
Some knocked Cotchin down during the U18 champs even though he was carrying a shoulder and a knee niggle at the time. That's why he played across HB during the champs. Any spotter with half a brain could see he was still so far above the others just in terms of his footy brain, size and skill especially out of the Victorians. Kreuzer was the only other Vic who made you go wow! They were the clear 1 and 2.

* Dad - taught him to bounce the ball with his left hand which helped using the footy with both sides of the body. Just plenty of practice.
It always helps when you recruit natural footballers who are athletic rather athletes impersonating footballers. Well done Cotch, well deserved  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Wildride

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2008, 07:27:47 PM »
Go Chimp go! Well done!  :cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2008, 07:41:59 PM »
Looks like we will have to come up with a new question for our weekly prediction thread

"will cotchin score a NAB rising star nomination this week" is now officially obsolete :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2008, 08:45:16 PM »
Some knocked Cotchin down during the U18 champs even though he was carrying a shoulder and a knee niggle at the time. That's why he played across HB during the champs. Any spotter with half a brain could see he was still so far above the others just in terms of his footy brain, size and skill especially out of the Victorians. Kreuzer was the only other Vic who made you go wow! They were the clear 1 and 2.

* Dad - taught him to bounce the ball with his left hand which helped using the footy with both sides of the body. Just plenty of practice.
It always helps when you recruit natural footballers who are athletic rather athletes impersonating footballers. Well done Cotch, well deserved  :thumbsup.

Delids, Cotch and Foley, the best midfield at Tigerland since a very young Knights, Lambert, Free and Campbell hit the scene in the early 90's. Maybe better.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2008, 10:20:46 PM »
Congratulations Trent a fine effort after having no pre-season whatsoever.   :clapping

Hopefully the start of a 10+ year - 200+ game career with a premiership.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2008, 08:54:58 PM »
Congratulations Trent a fine effort after having no pre-season whatsoever.   :clapping

Hopefully the start of a 10+ year - 200+ game career with a premiership.

The Cotch is paying $10 for the Rising Star award.  With 10 rounds to go, I back him to continue improving as he gets the miles in his legs and Palmer to taper off as the season is long.

Remember where you heard it first.......
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2008, 09:19:21 PM »
Is Palmer favourite or Kruezer - or somebody else?

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »
Is Palmer favourite or Kruezer - or somebody else?

I'm tipping Palmer is.

By a street.

Maybe Cyril might be in the same suburb.

But those stats will be too much for those voters to ignore even if they dont see the games.  :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2008, 09:54:38 PM »
Rhys Palmer (Fremantle) - Nominated Round 3 1.80     

Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn) - Nominated Round 6 3.50     

Trent Cotchin (Richmond) - Nominated Round 12 11.00     

Matthew Kreuzer (Carlton) - Nominated Round 11 21.00     

Bachar Houli (Essendon) - Nominated Round 1 31.00     

Austin Wonaeamirri (Melbourne) - Nominated Round 7 31.00     

Kieran Jack (Sydney) - Nominated Round 4 41.00   

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2008, 10:24:15 PM »
Gee i would have thought Jack from the Swans looks great value at $41

Might have piece of that.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2008, 10:33:43 PM »
G'day TFL

I thought Kruezer was great value - he's been very good. - twice the price of Cotchin?

Mind you - Cotchin could be anything - I get excited when he gets the ball   :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »

Gun player IMO but not flashy enough to get votes.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2008, 01:47:56 PM »
Cotchin will be an absolute star with him only showing a fraction of his future form to date. It is scary to think how good this kid could become. My only fear is that he will be tagged out of form and confidence much like what happened to Lids in his first couple of seasons. Lids is only starting to regain his spark now.

Regardless Cotchin should be afforded more space than Lids did when he first arrived because we now have Foley and Lids ahead of him so if they tag Cotch they will have to leave at least one of the other two free. Lids had to burden the load from the beginning where Cotch should be afforded less attention because, like most other teams, there are better more experienced players ahead of him.

This is why Thomas and co from the Pies seemed to break on the seen so quickly while Lids and Bling seemed slower to 'develop'. Lids was our number one midfielder from almost the getgo and tagged as such while Thomas was let loose to play with the Pies more experienced stars tagged instead.

Cotchin seems much better than Lids at the moment but in reality the two are problem very similiar in ability and form, its just that we now have experienced players to burden the load and protect the kids more. Ironic really considering Lids and Foley are all of 21/22 themselves and already they have to take so much responsibility and pressure.

Regardless I hope Cotch can use the freedom the continue to improve and develop into the superstar we all know he will become.

Stripes

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »

Gun player IMO but not flashy enough to get votes.

I don't know about that bentleigh, he got over 100 DT points on the weekend and he looked pretty flashy to me. I've seen him play on a few occasions and I think the $41 is excellent value.  :thumbsup If you put $10 on him come the end of the season you might be able afford to buy a tank of petrol.  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2008, 07:23:09 PM »
Jack's been very impressive but he's almost 21 y.o so a bit unfair to compare him with 18 year olds like Palmer, Kreuzer, Rioli and Cotchin. Roos and Sydney's meds are amazing how they can keep most of their senior best 22 on the park most weeks while allowing the kids 2-3 years to develop at ressie level before coming into the side. Same with Jarred Moore who is 22.

IMO Palmer is streets ahead as far as winning the RS award. Played every game bar one and is the leading possession getter at Freo playing midfield. Cotch will be a gun for us which is the main thing but his late start due to injury will hurt his RS chances.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd