Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 203348 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #390 on: August 21, 2019, 09:54:01 AM »
I’ve done a syndesmosis before and you don’t actually lose that much speed or leap. I find recovery the most important because it is a bit more tender after a day of hard down the line sprinting and changing direction. Here’s hoping it’s the same for Stack

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #391 on: August 21, 2019, 01:36:54 PM »
good to know, never had that particular injury, done head shoulders knees and toes though LOL
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #392 on: August 23, 2019, 12:45:09 PM »
Hardwick said while Sydney Stack, who had ankle surgery on Monday night, hopes he'll be right for next week, the reality is the young star is only a small chance of returning this season and won't be risked.

Source: AFL website

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #393 on: August 30, 2019, 04:03:28 PM »
How did he finish over 20 votes behind the winner laughable that is and even second place big difference don't worry about winning.Offcourse we couldn't have someone missed both drafts embarrassing the afl and winning it.Was always going to be the number 1 pick.Bunch of clowns to all involved.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: August 30, 2019, 04:42:00 PM »
Walsh was may more consistent.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: August 30, 2019, 05:58:17 PM »
Don't know about that Stack had way more impact in games compared to him.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #396 on: August 30, 2019, 08:00:34 PM »
And after today if I was asked if I wanted to swap Stack for any of those other kids, I would still stay with my boy Stacky.

Brilliant first season by the kid... it’s just a shame he got injured and will probably miss out on something really special.  :shh

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: August 30, 2019, 10:07:12 PM »
I felt Stack was our spiritual leader when our injury list was at its greatest. He showed as a first year player what it meant to be a tiger and I think a lot of the more seasoned players would have seen they needed to lift because Stack went hard at it every time he crossed the white line. If we win the premiership he would have been largely responsible and I would feel bummed he doesn’t get to receive a medal

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #398 on: September 01, 2019, 04:53:57 AM »
Stack not giving up on finals

The Age
August 31, 2019

Richmond livewire Sydney Stack has resumed running on an anti-gravity treadmill, taking a small step towards an unlikely finals return.

The 19-year-old underwent surgery early last week after suffering a syndesmosis injury while playing in the VFL.

Richmond are yet to put a line through Stack for the finals, although he is only a small chance of recovering in time and won't be unnecessarily risked.

The hope is he could replicate teammate Kane Lambert, who suffered a similar injury a week earlier last year but managed to return for the finals.

"I'll hopefully be back for finals this year but if not, I'll bounce back next year," Stack told AAP at the AFL Rising Star event on Friday.

"I just got out of the moon boot and now I'm walking, which is good. I'll just keep doing my rehab and see what the doc says."

Having been overlooked in the draft in his native Western Australia, Stack has been outstanding for the Tigers in his debut campaign.

Stack was one of three Richmond players nominated for the Rising Star this year along with Liam Baker and Shai Bolton.

Baker and Bolton are highly likely to play in Saturday week's qualifying final against the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba with the Tigers a good chance to name an unchanged lineup.

"They've been playing pretty good footy," Stack said.

"They play for their roles for the team ... the Richmond club itself is a good environment for the lads."

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/afl/stack-not-giving-up-on-finals-20190830-p52mht.html
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-30/ill-hopefully-be-back-young-tiger-not-giving-up-on-finals

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #399 on: September 09, 2019, 04:19:41 AM »
Stack surges into prelim contention

Jon Ralph,
Herald Sun
9 September 2019

Premiership favourite Richmond will give Sydney Stack every chance to make a bold bid for finals selection with the Tigers perfectly placed to surge into their second Grand Final in three years.

Only Alex Rance (ACL), Jack Higgins (heart surgery) and Stack are on the club’s injury list as it rides a 10-win streak in which only West Coast has got within 27 points of the Tigers.

Balme said the Tigers were genuinely optimistic Stack, who finished third in the Rising Star award off 17 games, could at least push for selection after a remarkable recovery from high-ankle surgery.

“He is running this week and he is certainly coming on even better than we thought he might,” he said.

“The doctor is conservative and he is really pleased with him. Initially we might have believed there was no hope, but there is at least some chance.

“We won’t be silly about it, but he is going well. He will train this week but we are not sure how much he will do and when he does change-of-direction (drills).”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-perfectly-primed-for-preliminary-final-with-sydney-stack-pushing-for-selection/news-story/4224630833412088757e7c755e999c22

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #400 on: September 09, 2019, 10:10:01 AM »
Excellent, he can replace B Ellis then.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: September 09, 2019, 01:32:50 PM »
He would have to be long odds to come back in surely

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #402 on: September 09, 2019, 02:48:51 PM »
He would have to be long odds to come back in surely
If he's trending in the right direction then Id be optimistic.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: September 10, 2019, 09:48:13 AM »

So you are saying that Stack can run 16 kms a match?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: September 10, 2019, 10:06:09 AM »

So you are saying that Stack can run 16 kms a match?

Not exactly, but we could rotate players like Stack, Edwards on the wing. I think Ellis was the worst player and Stack provides upside for a team change going into the prelim.

Are you suggesting we put players on the wing based purely on their endurance?

Because despite being a great runner I have to say Ellis' game was deplorable and for all I care I'd rather have a bloke running 12km but at least having a genuine crack at it.