Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 203349 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #585 on: December 21, 2020, 06:54:40 PM »
Tom Browne on 7news said he's spoken to Richmond and they are working with Stack's manager to support Sydney as best they can.

On Ch10 news, Stack's manager said Sydney is "distraught" but aware there's consequences for his actions.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #586 on: December 21, 2020, 06:57:27 PM »
Rising AFL star Sydney Stack is "very distressed and very upset" at the prospect of spending Christmas in jail, his manager says.

"It's been very difficult to have communication and we're very disappointed but we'll continue to try and engage with him as best we can," Stack's manager Paul Peos told reporters.

"He's having a very difficult time but it's the consequences of the times we're in, these are the charges and this is what he has to do.

"He did not sound OK, he sounded very distressed and very upset."

Peos didn't want to speculate on Stack's future with the Tigers.

"Football's a little bit further ahead, we've got to deal with the current matters from now to January 6," Peos said.

Reigning premiers Richmond are yet to comment on the situation apart from a brief statement.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/sydney-stack-covid-19-breach-richmond-tigers-news/cedb6e96-0020-4665-a1b7-36f40f3c8295

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #587 on: December 21, 2020, 06:59:46 PM »
Eagles great Peter Sumich backs Richmond’s Sydney Stack to bounce back from latest indiscretion

By Michael Warner
HeraldSun
December 21, 2020 5pm

West Coast Eagles great Peter Sumich has urged Richmond to stick with troubled Tiger Sydney Stack.

Sumich, who coached Stack for two seasons in the West Australian under-18 team, said the Richmond hard-nut was “a kid who’s done it tough” and deserved another chance.

“I really rate the kid as a person,” Sumich said.

“He’s not a kid that lies and cheats. He makes mistakes because he’s still learning.”

Stack, 20, was arrested in Perth on the weekend for an alleged second COVID breach after being involved in a Northbridge punch-up.

He is already serving a 10-week AFL suspension over a drunken night out on the Gold Coast in September.

“Personally, I think Richmond has done an outstanding job so far,” Sumich said.

“Sydney has mucked up a couple of times, but along the line there are a lot of players in the history of the game that have mucked up who have got second and third chances and have done it well.

“This kid is just needing more guidance.

“He’s still a young kid at heart and he was always going to make some mistakes – I’ve said that all along – but eventually clicking and learning and maturing.”

Sumich believed Stack could still emerge as a genuine star of the game.

“He was with me for two years and he didn’t shy away from saying ‘I’ve made a blue’,” he said.

“He never lied and that to me is a really good trait.

“And I think that is where Richmond is at.

“They are working through issues with him and I’ve got no doubt he doesn’t lie to Richmond. “He’s upfront but he’s making a few blues at the moment.

“I’d love Richmond to do that (to stand by him).

“If they can hold sway and just persist – the kid can play. We’ve all seen that.

“If he got AFL fit, I rate him very highly. He could be a very good player. He’s one of the toughest kids I’ve seen for a long time and he’s got skills on top of that.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/eagles-great-peter-sumich-backs-richmonds-sydney-stack-to-bounce-back-from-latest-indiscretion/news-story/6ea19b068751698345c4a63205d6f5c7

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #588 on: December 21, 2020, 08:33:36 PM »
Have you seen the footage of the "scuffle" outside the nightclub?

And read what Stack supposedly told the police as the reason why he was 100km away from where he was supposed to staying at?

Anyways he faces court tomorrow
Was he arrested because of the lame scuffle (even if you could call it that) or the fact he was supposed be in self quarantine for 14 days (rubbish rule) after he came from Melbourne (Covid free) and stopped over at Adelaide airport (didn’t leave the airport at all) and went straight to perth.
Why did he have to quarantine? 

It’s a bloody stupid rule if you don’t have Covid and you haven’t been in contact with anyone with Covid nor have you been overseas.

I’d be pretty upset if I had to self isolate when I’ve been careful in Melbourne under the dictatorship of DantheMan and rush to get a flight to Perth for my grandfathers funeral only to be told I have to stay indoors for 14 days when I don’t have Covid.

Are we a bloody communist country now?
Apparently he and that group was called to move on by the cops due to the scuffle but then Stack was noticed, questioned and found to have breached WA's quarantine rules (being out inside his 14-day quarantine period as well as not living at the address he was meant to be staying at). He was arrested for the latter.

He had received special consideration to travel to WA via SA. The covid rules in WA applied to SA arrivals as a result of SA's Parafield outbreak. That's why he had to do 14-day quarantine over there. West Australians don't see these rules as harsh and the WA government is answerable to them not interstaters. It's why the WA government was returned in a landslide election just a few months ago. West Australians are parochial and quite happy to keep pesky travellers from the east out of WA. The latest Sydney outbreak due to a quarantine breach will just reinforce that view again. They'll have no sympathy for Stack and nor should they.

At the end of the day our nation is a federation. Each state has constitutional powers that can't be overridden by the feds or other states. Visitors have to follow each state's laws whether they agree with them or not. Stack knew the rules and agreed to abide by them before going over there. He stupidly broke them with just 5 days of quarantine remaining :facepalm. He would've been free to do what he wanted over there this Christmas if he had used his brain. What ticks me off is not what he actually does to get into trouble but that he is just plain thick! He's put his whole career at risk over needing a 3am kebab and a 1am trip to a nightclub strip during a global pandemic :facepalm. It's laughable if it wasn't so serious for him and his future. He claims to understand there's consequences for his actions after he gets caught but then does something else as equally stupid :facepalm. If he is lucky to get another chance from the Club then he better grow up quick because he won't get another. There are plenty of kids out there this year who have missed out on their AFL dream due to covid and would gladly grab that chance and work their backside off to be on an AFL list.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #589 on: December 21, 2020, 10:53:10 PM »
Answer this.

Why would you need to quarantine for 14 days if you were in Adelaide airport for a stop over? 

What is the logic? Granted a direct flight would have been ideal but the question is valid.

It’s moronic.

I can accept some fines or penalties but locking someone up for it is absolutely ridiculous.

If that’s the case Dan Andrew’s should get locked up for 100 years for stuffing up our hotel quarantine resulting in actual 700 deaths.

Who has died from what any decision stack has made? 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #590 on: December 21, 2020, 11:19:14 PM »
So Tigeritis you are suggesting that if you don't agree with a law then you should be free to ignore it.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #591 on: December 21, 2020, 11:25:10 PM »
So Tigeritis you are suggesting that if you don't agree with a law then you should be free to ignore it.

No.

I’m suggesting that some states are going overboard with those laws. It’s becoming ridiculous.

We grew up hearing stories in books and movies about this type of crap draconian laws in communist regimes and here we are 2020 in Australia just accepting that someone can be put into jail for a law that makes no logical sense in this case.

I think rapists have more rights. It’s mindboggling.

Apparently he was refused bail. Why? What risk us he to the community?
Who is he hurting or potentially killing? Why was he refused bail? Who the heck is representing him?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/13002082

Stack's bail application was refused on Sunday and he is now restarting his 14 day quarantine period in isolation at Hakea Prison.

The case was discussed in Stack's absence at Perth Magistrates Court on Monday but adjourned until January 6.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/cedb6e96-0020-4665-a1b7-36f40f3c8295

This is nuts.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:40:33 PM by Tigeritis™©® »

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #592 on: December 21, 2020, 11:55:29 PM »
Repeat offender. Got what he deserves. 14 days in the big house.

Let’s see if you’d feel differently if he was responsible for someone in your family getting Corona?

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #593 on: December 22, 2020, 12:04:14 AM »
It’s his 3rd time breaking Covid rules. He’s proven point blank he either can’t or won’t follow simple laws and regulations. Deserves to be locked up till his quarantine has finished. Don’t understand the need to start it again

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #594 on: December 22, 2020, 12:11:45 AM »
Why wasn’t  this bloke not thrown in jail for 14 days?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-29/coronavirus-breach-at-northbridge-hotel/12608998

Different rules for different people?

Both lied.
Both didn’t isolate properly.
Both went to Northbridge.

One gets a fine and had to go back into hotel quarantine.
One has bail refused (why) goes to jail for 14 days. 

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #595 on: December 22, 2020, 12:15:42 AM »

Let’s see if you’d feel differently if he was responsible for someone in your family getting Corona?

He’s not nor has he tested positive for Covid so it’s a stupid question.

But I’ve got one for you;

How would you feel if your son did the same stupid thing that Stack has done. Would you be as happy and content he was spending 14 days in prison despite not actually causing any harm or hurt to anyone?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #596 on: December 22, 2020, 12:19:35 AM »
I reckon he would be fine with it if his son was anywhere near as moronic as Stack.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #597 on: December 22, 2020, 01:33:31 AM »

How would you feel if your son did the same stupid thing that Stack has done. Would you be as happy and content he was spending 14 days in prison despite not actually causing any harm or hurt to anyone?

I'm guessing jail, not prison?

If it was my kid I would say it's time to wake up boy. Look at those walls and think about why you're in there. No individual is bigger than the collective. See you after Christmas.

Don't agree with WA laws re: quarantine etc but thems the laws.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #598 on: December 22, 2020, 06:25:07 AM »

No.

I’m suggesting that some states are going overboard with those laws. It’s becoming ridiculous.

We grew up hearing stories in books and movies about this type of crap draconian laws in communist regimes and here we are 2020 in Australia just accepting that someone can be put into jail for a law that makes no logical sense in this case.

I think rapists have more rights. It’s mindboggling.

Apparently he was refused bail. Why? What risk us he to the community?
Who is he hurting or potentially killing? Why was he refused bail? Who the heck is representing him?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/13002082

Stack's bail application was refused on Sunday and he is now restarting his 14 day quarantine period in isolation at Hakea Prison.

The case was discussed in Stack's absence at Perth Magistrates Court on Monday but adjourned until January 6.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/cedb6e96-0020-4665-a1b7-36f40f3c8295

This is nuts.

My view will not be popular but I  agree with you totally. The law in question is draconian. Remanding a person in custody whilst awaiting trial for an offence should be a last resort. Furthermore it appears he has not yet pleaded guilty to any offences and thus is in custody for an offence/s or offences he has not yet been found guilty of.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #599 on: December 22, 2020, 07:16:44 AM »

I'm guessing jail, not prison?

Hakea Prison.