Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 203364 times)

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #600 on: December 22, 2020, 07:58:12 AM »
Repeat offender. Got what he deserves. 14 days in the big house.

Let’s see if you’d feel differently if he was responsible for someone in your family getting Corona?

He’s not nor has he tested positive for Covid so it’s a stupid question.

But I’ve got one for you;

How would you feel if your son did the same stupid thing that Stack has done. Would you be as happy and content he was spending 14 days in prison despite not actually causing any harm or hurt to anyone?

Stupid post. You’re right up there with Trump and his attitude to the virus.  More than 3000 people a day are dying from it in the US
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 12:14:12 PM by Knighter »

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #601 on: December 22, 2020, 08:01:50 AM »
So Tigeritis you are suggesting that if you don't agree with a law then you should be free to ignore it.

No.

I’m suggesting that some states are going overboard with those laws. It’s becoming ridiculous.

We grew up hearing stories in books and movies about this type of crap draconian laws in communist regimes and here we are 2020 in Australia just accepting that someone can be put into jail for a law that makes no logical sense in this case.

I think rapists have more rights. It’s mindboggling.

Apparently he was refused bail. Why? What risk us he to the community?
Who is he hurting or potentially killing? Why was he refused bail? Who the heck is representing him?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/13002082

Stack's bail application was refused on Sunday and he is now restarting his 14 day quarantine period in isolation at Hakea Prison.

The case was discussed in Stack's absence at Perth Magistrates Court on Monday but adjourned until January 6.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/cedb6e96-0020-4665-a1b7-36f40f3c8295

This is nuts.

My view will not be popular but I  agree with you totally. The law in question is draconian. Remanding a person in custody whilst awaiting trial for an offence should be a last resort. Furthermore it appears he has not yet pleaded guilty to any offences and thus is in custody for an offence/s or offences he has not yet been found guilty of.

Not yet pleaded guilty! Are u stupid? He was in Northbridge fighting at 1am when he was meant to be in isolation in Northam. 

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #602 on: December 22, 2020, 08:16:13 AM »
So Tigeritis you are suggesting that if you don't agree with a law then you should be free to ignore it.

No.

I’m suggesting that some states are going overboard with those laws. It’s becoming ridiculous.

We grew up hearing stories in books and movies about this type of crap draconian laws in communist regimes and here we are 2020 in Australia just accepting that someone can be put into jail for a law that makes no logical sense in this case.

Who is he hurting or potentially killing? Why was he refused bail? Who the heck is representing him?

Stack's bail application was refused on Sunday and he is now restarting his 14 day quarantine period in isolation at Hakea Prison.

The case was discussed in Stack's absence at Perth Magistrates Court on Monday but adjourned until January 6.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/cedb6e96-0020-4665-a1b7-36f40f3c8295

This is nuts.

My view will not be popular but I  agree with you totally. The law in question is draconian. Remanding a person in custody whilst awaiting trial for an offence should be a last resort. Furthermore it appears he has not yet pleaded guilty to any offences and thus is in custody for an offence/s or offences he has not yet been found guilty of.

Not yet pleaded guilty! Are u stupid? He was in Northbridge fighting at 1am when he was meant to be in isolation in Northam.

Are you stupid ? Have you heard about a thing called the presumption of innocence. Guess not. Furthermore you are not in a position to comment on what occurred as you were not a witness to the incident.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #603 on: December 22, 2020, 08:58:06 AM »

No.

This is nuts.

Are you stupid ? Have you heard about a thing called the presumption of innocence. Guess not. Furthermore you are not in a position to comment on what occurred as you were not a witness to the incident.

LOL - I watched the whole thing on video.  The kid is a halfwit and too many people are making excuses for his stupid decisions because he plays footy.  The players are sick of him, the club is over him and I doubt he'll ever set foot on Punt Rd oval again. 

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #604 on: December 22, 2020, 09:00:26 AM »
He has been remanded in custody and refused bail because this is his 2nd breach of the COVID rules in WA, so therefore his 2nd offence

Not his first

We may  not like the rules, agree with them but they are the rules/laws of WA as they stand currently during this pandemic

At what point does Sydney or anyone else for that matter actually take individual responsibility for their actions?

I heard his manager on the news last  night saying Sydney "is doing it tough". Maybe now the penny may finally drop. Actions have consequences

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #605 on: December 22, 2020, 09:12:56 AM »
Gez even if there is some issues and water is murky around this new story why would you put yourself in that situation again. His part cost the club $$$ fines, jobs, and nearly points it says to me doesn't learn or buckle down. Went back home and I didn't like the look of that. Rocked up in poor condition his manager confirmed it then left why not put the extra yards and stay with boys extra week like CCJ did.Was family reasons confirmed for him to be in WA ?.We don't need his distractions get a kid who wants it way to many exuses.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: December 22, 2020, 09:59:48 AM »

Let’s see if you’d feel differently if he was responsible for someone in your family getting Corona?

How would you feel if your son did the same stupid thing that Stack has done. Would you be as happy and content he was spending 14 days in prison despite not actually causing any harm or hurt to anyone?

By that reasoning I could buy a gun and shoot at you in front of other people but get off Scott free because I missed.

Bloke is an idiot and the intent to break the law is there, caught red handed.

Two weeks in the sin bin will hopefully smarten him up.

Club should send Pickett to give him some perspective.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #607 on: December 22, 2020, 10:43:11 AM »
Going to Jail for breaching quarantine is ridiculous - look at a holes who king hit people and get probation.
I feel WA have double standards for crime
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #608 on: December 22, 2020, 10:55:59 AM »
Gez even if there is some issues and water is murky around this new story why would you put yourself in that situation again. His part cost the club $$$ fines, jobs, and nearly points it says to me doesn't learn or buckle down. Went back home and I didn't like the look of that. Rocked up in poor condition his manager confirmed it then left why not put the extra yards and stay with boys extra week like CCJ did.Was family reasons confirmed for him to be in WA ?.We don't need his distractions get a kid who wants it way to many exuses.

He was allowed to go back to WA because his Grandfather passed away.

He was supposed to staying with his Grandmother, that's what his permit for entry to WA allowed, with 14 days quarantine to be done her home.

His breach this time is not only being out at 1am in Northbridge when he was supposed to be quarantining but because he was they are saying over 100 Km away from the place he was supposed to be..

It was said in court that back in October he was also found to breaching quarantine rules but at that time he was given a warning. That October breach was just after he had been sent home after the "kebab" fiasco on the Gold Coast.

Sadly, for Sydney he appears to believe the rules don't apply to him because in over 11 week period (acknowledging it is over 2 separate visits on WA) he has broken COVID rules 3 times.

:facepalm
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #609 on: December 22, 2020, 12:10:32 PM »
You forgot the fact that he was actually staying at a place at Belmont at the time he went to Northbridge and not Northam also - that's a 3rd WA breach.  The guy is a complete tool and he'll be very lucky if he doesn't get 6mths behind bars which is what others have got for similar complete disregard for the rules

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #610 on: December 22, 2020, 06:51:47 PM »
Tigers providing 'behind the scenes support' to imprisoned Stack

By Daniel Cherny
The Age
December 22, 2020 — 5.32pm

The manager of imprisoned Richmond player Sydney Stack says the Tigers have been privately supporting the troubled West Australian defender as he faces the prospect of seeing in the new year behind bars.

Stack, 20, is serving a 14-day quarantine period in an isolation cell at Perth's Hakea Prison over an alleged quarantine breach.

His agent, former West Coast and Brisbane Bears player Paul Peos, said the Tigers had been supportive of Stack despite the player himself acknowledging that his career hung in the balance.

"Can't say much at this point, but I can say Richmond have been providing considerable behind the scenes support for Syd's welfare," Peos said on Tuesday.

The breach came about after Stack returned to WA earlier this month to attend his grandfather's funeral, having started pre-season training with the Tigers at Punt Road earlier in December.

A brief lay-over at Adelaide airport en route to Perth triggered a 14-day quarantine period in the WA country town of Northam. Police allege Stack breached the conditions of his quarantine by staying in the Perth suburb of Belmont. The alleged breach was picked up in the early hours of Saturday morning when police stopped Stack following an alleged brawl in the Perth nightclub district of Northbridge.

The Tigers have opted against making more than a brief generic statement while the matter remains in front of the courts.

Stack had already found himself in hot water earlier in the year when he and Richmond teammate Callum Coleman-Jones were sent home from Queensland, suspended for 10 games and fined following their involvement in a fight outside a Gold Coast strip club in what was a serious breach of AFL hub protocols.

Stack acknowledged to a court on Sunday via an audio hook-up that "my AFL career is on the line with Richmond".

A Perth magistrate has adjourned the matter until January 6 as the prison's quarantine policy prohibits Stack from leaving his cell to speak to the court via a video link during his isolation period.

Peos on Monday said that his client sounded "very distressed".

Former St Kilda assistant coach Jason Mifsud, who like Stack is Indigenous, questioned the decision to put Stack behind bars.

"Challenge the behaviour, support the person. Not sure incarcerating a vulnerable young person is the only solution in a case such as this. Seems unimaginative and unnecessarily punitive," Mifsud wrote on Twitter.

Despite being rated by some clubs as worthy of a first-round selection on talent alone, Stack was overlooked in the 2018 draft amid concerns about his reliability. He became one of the first players to be signed by the pre-season supplemental selection period after training with Richmond following the draft.

Stack worked his way into the Tigers' senior side in 2019 before being hampered by injury and ultimately missing selection for the AFL grand final. He did however win a premiership with Richmond's VFL side.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-providing-behind-the-scenes-support-to-imprisoned-stack-20201222-p56pm2.html

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #611 on: December 22, 2020, 10:54:29 PM »

Stupid post. You’re right up there with Trump and his attitude to the virus.  More than 3000 people a day are dying from it in the US
No I hate the virus and the disruption it has caused and the amount of people it has effected all over the world but this actual case is as stupid as all of Stack recent decisions.

McGowan is acting the dictator and is on a power trip.

Stack had a stopover in Adelaide airport and because of this he was required to isolate for 14 days?  (Stupid rule) But ok a law is a law, but in this case isolation in a prison cell is overkill and way overboard to the highest degree. He hasn’t actually hurt anyone and he hasn’t got Covid.

Now if someone is actually sick and decided to breach rules knowing that your sick then fair enough because your actually putting lives at risk by not self isolating. That would warrant a tough penalty.

Why not just answer my question?  Try again.

Whilst your thinking about it, imagine it’s your son being refused bail and sent to prison and sent to in an isolation cell all alone even though not one person has been infected or hurt by any of your sons  stupid actions. Now think of all those real criminals that are a real threat to the community that are actually allowed bail whilst they await their court date.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #612 on: December 22, 2020, 11:07:19 PM »

By that reasoning I could buy a gun and shoot at you in front of other people but get off Scott free because I missed.

Bloke is an idiot and the intent to break the law is there, caught red handed.

Im not saying he isn’t an idiot because clearly his decision making is terrible.

Remember, Stack hasn’t got Covid. If he had Covid then a harsher penalty would be reasonably expected. 

It’s more like this scenario, if you were to buy a fake cap gun and were to have that gun in your pocket but the law says no guns allowed.
Bad decision carrying a gun but that gun ain’t ever hurting anyone even if you threw it at them.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #613 on: December 23, 2020, 02:48:12 PM »
Earlier in the week I said let him go but don't think we will.  This says a lot about our culture at the moment.
We all make mistakes, he's made a few but maybe this is the catalyst for a life changing moment

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #614 on: December 23, 2020, 05:31:06 PM »
How many life changing moments does Stack need?

He was ignored in the draft but received a lifeline from Richmond.

He comes back unfit from the layoff but is gifted games that others deserved.

He breeches the hub rules and costs the club 10 of thousands of dollars which results in an employee having to be let go but we still embrace him.

He shows up at training as the most unfit player.

He heads back to WA to attend a family funeral and breeches the Covid quarantine and we still support him.

Stack has been shown more love, support and compassion than any player who has played for our club in recent memory.

We can't continue to do this indefinitely ultimately Stack has to  start making good decisions for himself.

As good as Stack was as a player was in 2019 (and we all want that player to return)he has to want to be that player himself, if his apatite is gone, no-one else can do it for him.