Author Topic: Richmond vs Essendon - Dreamtime at the 'G - Round 11, 2024  (Read 1974 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Honouring Generations: Rioli Jnr creates Richmond’s 2024 Dreamtime jumper

Richmond youngster Maurice Rioli Jnr has designed the Club's 2024 Dreamtime at the 'G guernsey with his mother, Alberta Kerinauia.

By Richmond Media
2 hrs ago

Richmond is proud to reveal its 2024 AFL Dreamtime guernsey, designed by Maurice Rioli Jnr and his mother, Alberta Kerinauia.

The design speaks of the deep connection between the Rioli family and the Richmond Football Club.

Maurice Rioli Senior played 118 matches for Richmond and was a Norm Smith and Jack Dyer Medallist.

The design features two family totems - the turtle (father) and the crocodile (mother).

“We all get our totems from our dad’s side of the family,” Rioli Jnr explained.

Maurice Rioli Jnr and his Mother Alberta Kerinauia reveal the 2024 Richmond Dreamtime guernsey.

“We have all the seen the turtle before from Daniel’s (2019) Dreamtime guernsey... So basically, I did a (Rioli) design, and Mum did a (Kerinauia) design, and then we put it together.

“My mum is an artist as well, so I thought I would get her to do it with me. Obviously, she is special to me, so why not do it together? I can’t wait to put it on.”

The spears featured on the back of the jumper depict those used for hunting or battle in the Tiwi Islands. The spears have been used to provide food and provide for families; they represent Maurice’s ancestors going into battle to defend their family.

“The line that runs through the sash is the path that my father created for me, along with the support and help from my mother,” Rioli Jnr said.

“The patterns on the side signify the numerous people that I have met, and that have helped me on this journey.”

This design will have special meaning to Maurice’s home community of Pirlangimpi, located on the northwest coast of Melville Island, part of the Tiwi Islands.

It will also have significance to Maurice’s previous Club’s, the Imalu Tigers (Pirlangimpi), and NTFL Club St Mary’s (Darwin).

Richmond will wear Rioli Jnr’s design for the Dreamtime at the ‘G match against Essendon on May 25. Members are reminded that Dreamtime at the 'G is a fully-ticketed match, which means all general admission members must upgrade their ticket to secure their entry.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1548663/honouring-generations-rioli-jnr-creates-richmonds-2024-dreamtime-jumper

« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 12:52:47 AM by one-eyed »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 2024 Dreamtime Guernsey - Honouring Generations
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 08:23:01 PM »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 09:44:57 PM »
Looking at the photos just adds to my thinking that I will be amazed if Dan leaves

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 10:09:29 PM »
Looking at the photos just adds to my thinking that I will be amazed if Dan leaves

Gold Coast wear indigenous guernseys too you know.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2024, 11:10:19 PM »
They don’t have a Maurice Rioli room !

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Essendon - Dreamtime at the 'G - Round 11, 2024
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 12:54:00 AM »
KEY TIMINGS:

- 2.15pm: Gates 1,3,6 open

- 2.35pm: VFL match start – Richmond v Essendon

- 5:30pm: Gates 4,5,7 open

- 6.10pm: The Long Walk

- 7.00pm: Pre-match entertainment commences featuring Briggs, 3%, Djirri Djirri and Wulumbarra, Koorie Youth Will Shake Spear and Bandok Tati dance groups and a Welcome to Country conducted by Uncle Colin Hunter Jnr

- 7.15pm: Pre-match entertainment concludes

– 7:15pm: Our Homecoming Hero for Round 11 is Shane Edwards, which is proudly presented by Motorola. Make sure you’re in your seats to welcome back Shedda to the ‘G!

- 7.34pm: Dreamtime Ceremony performance by Essendon & Richmond Football Clubs

- 7.38pm: Coin Toss & cultural gift exchange

- 7.40pm: Match Start

- Half time: Half time performance on Ponsford stage from DJ & Producer Cyril

- Post Game: Presentation of Yiooken Trophy to best on ground by Aunty Pam Pedersen OAM & Michael Long.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1560478/2024-dreamtime-at-the-g-entertainment-announced

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2024, 12:52:50 AM »
Tigers’ burning question: Can they at least show something?

It’s been a seriously grim run for the Tigers, with losses by 119 points to Brisbane and 91 points to the Western Bulldogs over the last fortnight to slide to 1-9 overall in what looms as a long season for first-year coach Adem Yze. Granted, Richmond has been savaged by injuries worse than any club, but it doesn’t excuse some of the poor performances it’s produced. No one is expecting the Tigers to knock off the in-form Bombers, but fans and the footy world alike would at least want to see something. Whether that’s a more competitive effort overall or a youngster showing something or doing something special , the Tigers are crying out for possibility in some shape or form to give supporters something to get excited about.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-the-blowtorch-round-11-preview-every-clubs-burning-question-analysis-fox-footy-commentators-tv-guide-fixture-latest-news/news-story/33f239c1cf47816b1e53c5b5f5443f1d

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2024, 01:03:29 AM »
Richmond v Essendon Preview

Andrew Slevison
SEN
23 May 2024

Dreamtime at the ‘G feels a little different in 2024, a year on from Damien Hardwick’s final game in charge of Richmond.

The Tigers are hurting with a crippling injury list and on the back of a massive 119-point defeat at the hands of Brisbane.

Adem Yze has to deal with 18 unavailable players (as of Wednesday afternoon), but could get a few players back this week, including Liam Baker.

Essendon enters this as unbackable favourites, for the first time we can remember in a Dreamtime game, and rightly so.

They’re playing a game of substance under Brad Scott which has them sitting second on the ladder (pre-round) with a 7-1-2 record.

The Bombers are on a three-game winning streak and six game unbeaten run which should at least extend into next week.

Form and personnel-wise, it’s impossible to tip against the Dons who have a stranglehold on this game.

Richmond will want to provide a bit more effort and intent than has been shown over the past fortnight, and although the Tigers might be more competitive, it’s hard to see them getting too close.

While the Dons haven’t really blown teams away this year, they might get that opportunity at the MCG on Saturday night.

Tip: Essendon by 52 points.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/23/who-will-win-and-why-the-tips-and-predictions-for-afl-round-11/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 04:02:34 PM »
THE CERTAINTIES FOR ROUND 11 - Richmond versus Essendon

Andrew Slevison
SEN
25 May 2024

Martin to have 20+ disposals, kick 1+ goal

Dustin Martin has an excellent Dreamtime record against Essendon.

The two-time Yiooken Award winner has averaged 28.2 disposals and kicked 10 goals in his last 10 appearances on this enormous occasion.

While Martin is not quite what he used to be, he still loves the big stage and in front of a packed MCG we expect him to get busy for the Tigers.

‘Dusty’ should pick up 20 touches and kick a goal in the 2024 edition of Dreamtime at the ‘G.

Wright to kick 2+ goals, take 4+ marks

Peter Wright returned to top form with a haul of four goals while taking nine marks against North Melbourne last weekend.

He’ll take that crisp performance into the Dreamtime clash with the Tigers where he might get an opportunity to have another strong showing.

He has kicked two or more goals in five of six games this season, averaging two majors per game, while also averaging a tick under five marks.

Wright stands at 203cm while Richmond’s tallest defender is Ben Miller at 198cm so the Bombers tall does have an advantage.

We’re expecting the Dons to win comfortably and for Wright to kick at least two goals and take at least four marks at the MCG on Saturday night.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/25/the-14-certainties-for-the-rest-of-round-11/

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2024, 06:44:31 PM »
Am I the only one with a weird feeling that we somehow win tonight ?

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2024, 06:47:11 PM »

Yep

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2024, 06:48:47 PM »
Hahahah. I just feel like we have nothing to lose and Essendon have won a few too many in a row

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2024, 07:38:46 PM »

Yep

X2.

Prepared for a fisting in the anus again.

Tipped dons by 40 but wouldn't surprise me if it's 60.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2024, 07:45:41 PM »
We make the easy so difficult with our Auskick level crap.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd