Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924558 times)

Con65

Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1770 on: April 21, 2009, 06:06:12 PM »
Thanks MT.

Incidentally, is the light 'skill' session something that the other clubs do too - to your knowledge?  I would have thought after Sunday's debacle that a harder session was in order...maybe i am old fashioned.  I have read your views on what they do and dont do at training and find it bemusing that with all of Rome burning down around them, they only do a light 'skills' session.  I understand that it is just 2 days after a match, but when do they do their 'hard' training session, given we play North on Sat night i believe?  Surely it cant be Friday's session.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1771 on: April 21, 2009, 07:24:12 PM »
Thats why Richmond get flogged they play injured players. they will never learn

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1772 on: April 21, 2009, 07:50:14 PM »
Thanks MT.

Incidentally, is the light 'skill' session something that the other clubs do too - to your knowledge?  I would have thought after Sunday's debacle that a harder session was in order...maybe i am old fashioned.  I have read your views on what they do and dont do at training and find it bemusing that with all of Rome burning down around them, they only do a light 'skills' session.  I understand that it is just 2 days after a match, but when do they do their 'hard' training session, given we play North on Sat night i believe?  Surely it cant be Friday's session.
The first training session of the week is usually light as their bodies are still sore from the game two days before. The main session is the closed session midweek where they train for 2 hours. They then have another short session the morning of the day before. The days of punishing the playing group the morning after the game to make up for a poor effort are long gone.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1773 on: April 21, 2009, 08:22:36 PM »
Thats why Richmond get flogged they play injured players. they will never learn
Simmo is another one btw with his knee.
Connors is underdone having missed a large chuck of the preseason and has only played a couple of games at Coburg in recent weeks before getting the call-up.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1774 on: April 21, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
Thanks MT,

Do any of the kids look like they could be close?

How's Patto looking? Is Jon the real deal and is Cogs fast enough to step up

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1775 on: April 22, 2009, 01:25:18 AM »
Probably more mature players such as Cogs, Patto and Thomson are more likely than our teenagers at Coburg. The likes of Vickery and Post aren't ready yet for AFL footy but do you give them a debut knowing they'll at least try and be grateful for the opportunity while at the same time enabling you to drop underperforming senior players?

One of my friends said he spoke to John Vickery (Ty's dad) about playing this year and apparently he's quite happy for Ty to develop at Coburg until he's big enough in the body to contest at AFL level especially in the ruck. Another friend said just play him up forward to give the side some structure and someone tall to kick to. I didn't see Coburg on the weekend but apparently we had 4 talls up forward - Schulz, Patto, Vickery and Gourdis - and Geelong's VFL side really struggled against it. Compare that to Richmond where we had Browny at FF until Richo was eventually moved there so we could actually generate a score.

I think Patto will come in this week and play up forward. Maybe pinch-hit in the ruck although he's struggled as a ruckman in the past in terms of winning hitouts.

Cogs must be very close but going by news reports he'll be playing alongside Cotchin and Cousins this week at Coburg. We won't know fully about Cogs until he makes his AFL comeback. Is he now too slow for AFL after two knees and OP? Let's hope not  :pray.

I'm not a JON the footballer fan (one of the nicest blokes mind you) but his form as a lead-up HFF for Coburg must make him close to getting a game for Richmond with the senior side so out of form. At least it will show one way or another if there's any point keeping him past this year.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1776 on: April 22, 2009, 10:38:52 AM »
Probably more mature players such as Cogs, Patto and Thomson are more likely than our teenagers at Coburg. The likes of Vickery and Post aren't ready yet for AFL footy but do you give them a debut knowing they'll at least try and be grateful for the opportunity while at the same time enabling you to drop underperforming senior players?

One of my friends said he spoke to John Vickery (Ty's dad) about playing this year and apparently he's quite happy for Ty to develop at Coburg until he's big enough in the body to contest at AFL level especially in the ruck. Another friend said just play him up forward to give the side some structure and someone tall to kick to. I didn't see Coburg on the weekend but apparently we had 4 talls up forward - Schulz, Patto, Vickery and Gourdis - and Geelong's VFL side really struggled against it. Compare that to Richmond where we had Browny at FF until Richo was eventually moved there so we could actually generate a score.

I think Patto will come in this week and play up forward. Maybe pinch-hit in the ruck although he's struggled as a ruckman in the past in terms of winning hitouts.

Cogs must be very close but going by news reports he'll be playing alongside Cotchin and Cousins this week at Coburg. We won't know fully about Cogs until he makes his AFL comeback. Is he now too slow for AFL after two knees and OP? Let's hope not  :pray.

I'm not a JON the footballer fan (one of the nicest blokes mind you) but his form as a lead-up HFF for Coburg must make him close to getting a game for Richmond with the senior side so out of form. At least it will show one way or another if there's any point keeping him past this year.
Thanks MT

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1777 on: April 22, 2009, 10:53:32 AM »
Thanks for the information MT. It will be interesting to see if they play both Patto and Schulz in the forwardline this week given the poor form of our forwards last week. I'm still not sure Patto has the pace to be a great forward but at least he could bring the ball to ground for our crumbers (as long as they remain in the side that is).

Having Cotch, Cogs and Cousins playing for the Burgers this week will make for a big crowd. I suspect Cotch may still need more time.

Interesting times at Tigerland.... :whistle

Stripes

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1778 on: April 28, 2009, 04:22:07 PM »

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #1779 on: April 28, 2009, 05:29:47 PM »
whats happening with Petts?
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1780 on: April 28, 2009, 05:31:08 PM »

He was named first in the bests for Coburg ressies.

Me and Daniel are expecting big things from him  ;D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1781 on: April 28, 2009, 05:41:05 PM »

He was named first in the bests for Coburg ressies.

Me and Daniel are expecting big things from him  ;D

yep.

He is the spark we so desperately crave in our side.

The match winner we desire our Petts is.

stuff Coburg just bring him straight into the seniors.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1782 on: April 28, 2009, 05:46:17 PM »
40 touches our petts got in the Burger ressies. his found his new home he can stay there until he gets 30+ in the seniors

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1783 on: April 28, 2009, 06:35:19 PM »
Ch 10 news said Richo didn't train and neither did Browny although they showed vision of him looking glum while having a kick off one step.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1784 on: April 28, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »
40 touches our petts got in the Burger ressies. his found his new home he can stay there until he gets 30+ in the seniors

I think Petts will play for Richmond before the seasons out, may still have something to offer i think.

Has shown some reasonable touch in his first two matches back for Coburg.