Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924557 times)

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1785 on: April 28, 2009, 07:40:19 PM »
40 touches our petts got in the Burger ressies. his found his new home he can stay there until he gets 30+ in the seniors

Can someone tell me what possie he gathered so much of the pill. Surely it wasn't HBF ?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1786 on: April 28, 2009, 09:36:33 PM »
40 touches our petts got in the Burger ressies. his found his new home he can stay there until he gets 30+ in the seniors

Can someone tell me what possie he gathered so much of the pill. Surely it wasn't HBF ?

I guessing it would be similar to scratch matches at training. A mixture of mid/HF to rack up that many possies even at 3rds level.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #1787 on: April 28, 2009, 09:38:48 PM »

He was on the wing from what I saw.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1788 on: April 29, 2009, 03:56:46 PM »
I popped into Punt Rd today to watch training. Another light skills session so it was more about seeing who was out there training.

Richo didn't train again although he was out on the oval. He had a white training singlet different from the others and we only noticed him as he ran off and up the race. He looked free in his gallop.

Sugar wasn't there.

edit: Rainesy was out there.

In rehab were Browny, Thommo, Hislop, Nahas and Collo. I think apart from Browny with is groin injury the rest must have been just sore.

Cogs trained fully so he's pulled up well after his first game back  :thumbsup.

Cotch and Cuz both trained fully with the main squad so both should be playing for Coburg on Saturday. If they get through don't be surprised if both line-up for Richmond against Brisbane.

A friend spoke to Tucky and Tucky said Simmo is too good for VFL level. Maybe a clue if there's any changes this week (ie. if Richo doesn't come up). I'm guessing they are thinking of rotating 3 rucks against Jolly and resting one up forward as a long target on the small SCG.

Rohan Connolly interviewed Terry after training so expect an article soon in the Age. He asked Plough if he was relieved the media gun had moved off him and onto someone else and over his 5 years at Richmond was the past month the toughest in terms of scrutiny. Terry said he doesn't like seeing any coach under the pump as we all know the feeling and he hopes we keep winning so the spotlight doesn't come back onto us.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 05:57:04 PM by mightytiges »

Con65

« Reply #1789 on: April 29, 2009, 04:12:52 PM »
Thanks MT - much appreciated.

What do you think the possible ins and outs will be based on today's light training?

Also whats the story with Collins...just sore or injured?

Offline GOOHUC

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1790 on: April 29, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »
In rehab were Browny, Thommo, Hislop, Nahas and Collo. I think apart from Browny with is groin injury the rest must have been just sore.

Nahas has a corky and also his groins are playing up again but he should play this week...

As usual, thanks for the report MT.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1791 on: April 29, 2009, 04:34:18 PM »
Cheers for that Goohuc. Yeah I heard Nahas was sore (re: groin) yesterday.

Thanks MT - much appreciated.

What do you think the possible ins and outs will be based on today's light training?

Also whats the story with Collins...just sore or injured?
Collo didn't have any noticeable problem (no bandages or taping) so it must have been just soreness. He should be fine by Sunday.

As for changes I think there'll only be a change if Richo misses. That would mean a tall to come in. Do you go with Schulz who has been good at Coburg yet has failed previously at AFL level? or do you go with Simmo and rotate 3 rucks with probably Patto spending more time up forward? As I said in the other thread I've got a feeling Simmo may come in for Richo if the big fella doesn't come up.

Con65

« Reply #1792 on: April 29, 2009, 04:50:46 PM »
I agree with you MT - Simmo to come in if Richo doesnt come up.

Simmo gives a bigger body at ruck contests against Jolly ...frees Patto to play a Richo role on the wing and sliding up to the forward line...which he did a little of last weekend when Richo went down.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1793 on: April 29, 2009, 05:04:39 PM »
I agree with you MT - Simmo to come in if Richo doesnt come up.

Simmo gives a bigger body at ruck contests against Jolly ...frees Patto to play a Richo role on the wing and sliding up to the forward line...which he did a little of last weekend when Richo went down.
Yep Con that sounds like the plan if Richo misses. CHFs are bypassed on the SCG so Patto up forward to take a key defender and at least provide a contest for a long kick inside 50. Have Nahas and our other small forwards front and square and crumb goals that aren't marked as well as to keep the ball in our forward line. The Swans love to get numbers back and then run it out via their numbers around stoppages and contests. We need our forwards to provide plenty of forward pressure to hinder their rebound.

Con65

« Reply #1794 on: April 29, 2009, 05:21:29 PM »
MT this isnt the right thread for this but last week's game was the first time in ages that I thought we had some sort of defensive pressure from our forwards...

I know you go to training...have they been working on that at training?  Most other teams seem to have this down pat...we seem to be a little late getting to the plate...In a way they needed to find the small forward who is a dynamo tackler ala Rioli...and seem to have found that in Nahas who will only get better the more game time he has...I fear we need another though...one small forward isnt enough...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1795 on: April 29, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »
MT this isnt the right thread for this but last week's game was the first time in ages that I thought we had some sort of defensive pressure from our forwards...

I know you go to training...have they been working on that at training?  Most other teams seem to have this down pat...we seem to be a little late getting to the plate...In a way they needed to find the small forward who is a dynamo tackler ala Rioli...and seem to have found that in Nahas who will only get better the more game time he has...I fear we need another though...one small forward isnt enough...
I haven't been able to get to a closed session for a couple of weeks where you notice if there's been any recent change. Today was a public session which are usually just light skill sessions. I know we drafted Nahas to improve our forward pressure and Terry mentions regularly during the preseason that we needed to improve our defensive pressure but I can't say I noticed much change during the preseason. We've had Richo, Newy and Cogs come out in the past week saying we have altered/simplified our gameplan and structures and gone back to more one-on-one footy so perhaps there has been more of a focus on pressuring the opposition. Obviously our workrate increased dramatically against North which is probably the main change from the first 4 rounds. Apart from the first 5 minutes it was a 4 quarter team effort.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1796 on: April 29, 2009, 06:04:17 PM »
Ch 10 news showed poor Browny copping one in the crown jewels at training today which would've done his groin injury the world of good lol.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1797 on: April 29, 2009, 06:13:58 PM »
Ta as always MT.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1799 on: May 01, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »
Ch 10 news said Richo didn't train again today during our "closed" training session at Punt Rd.