Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924590 times)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1800 on: May 01, 2009, 07:29:08 PM »
Ch 10 news said Richo didn't train again today during our "closed" training session at Punt Rd.

we assume he didnt train, but we also know that barry hall is in doubt and may not play as he didnt train either

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1801 on: May 01, 2009, 09:16:04 PM »
Ch 10 news said Richo didn't train again today during our "closed" training session at Punt Rd.

we assume he didnt train, but we also know that barry hall is in doubt and may not play as he didnt train either
Richo you would think is in lesser doubt than Hall. Richo at least played last week so missing training isn't that big a deal whereas Hall hasn't played or trained in weeks. The Swannies have got 196cm tall Barlow as an emergency after being dropped so they must still be unsure.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #1802 on: May 02, 2009, 08:59:34 AM »
That's interesting because according to Dmactiger he's OK and trained well.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=242941&postcount=400

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1803 on: May 02, 2009, 04:46:28 PM »
That's interesting because according to Dmactiger he's OK and trained well.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=242941&postcount=400
All 3 emergencies played for Coburg so Richo must be okay

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1804 on: May 07, 2009, 08:50:48 PM »
No news from training this week MT... :(........ or have you given up too mate.... :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1805 on: May 07, 2009, 10:24:08 PM »
No news from training this week MT... :(........ or have you given up too mate.... :whistle
They trained early today as far as I know. I was hoping they were still going by the time I went past Punt Rd this morning but they had all finished up and gone. I'm guessing with a six day break training would be light this week to keep the team fresh and make sure all soreness from the Swans game has gone.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1806 on: May 07, 2009, 10:48:05 PM »
I will let you off then MT... ;)

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1807 on: May 07, 2009, 11:22:50 PM »
It won't happen again Mr WAT  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1808 on: May 07, 2009, 11:27:39 PM »
It won't happen again Mr WAT  ;D

Just make sure it doesn't then....... :D

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1809 on: May 08, 2009, 01:21:17 PM »
Cousins trains lightly ahead of comeback
May 8, 2009 - 11:17AM

Ben Cousins has trained lightly ahead of his AFL return for Richmond, with coach Terry Wallace declaring him "100 per cent and fighting fit" to play Brisbane at the MCG on Saturday.

Cousins trained for only part of a short session on Friday, doing some light running before leaving the field to consult with club medical staff.

The Tigers' much-vaunted signing has played just once for his new side in the home and away season - his troublesome hamstring giving way during their heavy round one loss to Carlton in March.

But he starred in a reserves hitout last weekend to earn a call-up for the Tigers' clash with Brisbane.

Cousins, forward Nathan Brown and ruckman Troy Simmonds have all been recalled for the match.

Wallace said Brown, who had a groin problem, was also ready to play as was Simmonds, who had been dropped to the reserves to find form after a poor start to the season.

"All three are 100 per cent and fighting fit. They'll have a little bit of a runaround this morning and we'll go in with the medical staff and make sure we tick them off," Wallace said on Friday.

Richmond have won just once this season, while the Lions have a 3-3 win-loss record and are coming off a solid victory over Essendon at the Gabba last weekend.

http://news.realfooty.com.au/breaking-news-sport/cousins-trains-lightly-ahead-of-comeback-20090508-axex.html

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1810 on: May 08, 2009, 03:03:08 PM »
Huh?  Didn't think Simmo was injured as he has been playing in the twos for the last two weeks.  Why would the medical staff need to tick him off?  Is Terry starting to get a bit dizzy from the spin?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1811 on: May 08, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »
Huh?  Didn't think Simmo was injured as he has been playing in the twos for the last two weeks.  Why would the medical staff need to tick him off?  Is Terry starting to get a bit dizzy from the spin?
Simmo has been carrying that knee problem for ages now although still no excuse for him dropping straightforward marks in the first few rounds  :P.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1812 on: May 13, 2009, 03:30:07 PM »
I popped down to Punt Rd this morning to watch training. I didn't see Terry so all the assistant coaches took training. It was only a light session so they didn't do much other than a bit of kick to kick and handball then a few shots at goal at the end. Yesterday they did more game-based and circle work I was told. The mids such as Foley, White, Jacko, Tucky and Collo did some tackling practice as well today whereas the rucks Simmo, Gus, Vickery and Browne trained with Monkhurst. I got there 30mins after the start and so I was told a few guys I didn't see out there had left early. Browny left early again and he was in rehab yesterday so he may miss again. Cotch was in rehab with Rance but he trained fully yesterday so apparently he's okay. From memory they said they are being cautious with him and he's only doing one full session a week. Cuz left the track early being an oldie so no dramas. We saw him head over to the social club afterwards for lunch with the others. Richo of course was absent after his operation. I didn't see Joel, Hislop, Gourdis or Connors but like I said I may have just missed them. I didn't notice Sugar training but he was in his training gear when he was signing autographs in the race.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1813 on: May 13, 2009, 03:34:22 PM »

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1814 on: May 13, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »
I popped down to Punt Rd this morning to watch training. I didn't see Terry so all the assistant coaches took training. It was only a light session so they didn't do much other than a bit of kick to kick and handball then a few shots at goal at the end. Yesterday they did more game-based and circle work I was told. The mids such as Foley, White, Jacko, Tucky and Collo did some tackling practice as well today whereas the rucks Simmo, Gus, Vickery and Browne trained with Monkhurst. I got there 30mins after the start and so I was told a few guys I didn't see out there had left early. Browny left early again and he was in rehab yesterday so he may miss again. Cotch was in rehab with Rance but he trained fully yesterday so apparently he's okay. From memory they said they are being cautious with him and he's only doing one full session a week. Cuz left the track early being an oldie so no dramas. We saw him head over to the social club afterwards for lunch with the others. Richo of course was absent after his operation. I didn't see Joel, Hislop, Gourdis or Connors but like I said I may have just missed them. I didn't notice Sugar training but he was in his
training gear when he was signing autographs in the race.

Thanks MT, is it unusual the coach is NOT at training?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”