Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924593 times)

Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2235 on: January 11, 2010, 08:41:19 PM »
36 degrees tomorrow morning. I can't see them staying out long in that heat.

Drove past punt road tonight (5:30ish) and a team were training.

Was that us or does someone else use Punt road to train?

'65

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2236 on: January 11, 2010, 08:41:45 PM »
36 degrees tomorrow morning. I can't see them staying out long in that heat.

Wasn't the Roos & Bombers out in that today at 40 degrees, if they were we should be as well, we really have to harden TFU.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/bombers-turn-up-heat-in-pre-season-training/story-e6frf9io-1225818104112
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2237 on: January 11, 2010, 09:14:20 PM »
I'm not saying they won't train at all. Just that they may cut it shorter than the 3 hour sessions they've been doing this preseason.

Does the RCC still train at Punt Rd? If there weren't nets up you would reckon it was our blokes.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2238 on: January 11, 2010, 09:22:26 PM »
Just read on BF ("Riplyes Beleive It Or Not" of forums) that they trained today at 6am, gee they are getting under the radar, lets just hope they are under the Blues radar.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647617&page=22

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

« Reply #2239 on: January 11, 2010, 10:22:47 PM »
I'm not saying they won't train at all. Just that they may cut it shorter than the 3 hour sessions they've been doing this preseason.

Does the RCC still train at Punt Rd? If there weren't nets up you would reckon it was our blokes.

They were kicking footballs and had blue and red jumpers on, Coburg maybe?

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #2240 on: January 12, 2010, 12:15:05 AM »
Just read on BF ("Riplyes Beleive It Or Not" of forums) that they trained today at 6am, gee they are getting under the radar, lets just hope they are under the Blues radar.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647617&page=22

Anyone know if training today is still at 9.30 as originally posted?
Am thinking of going to have  a look.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2241 on: January 12, 2010, 01:18:20 AM »
Anyone know if training today is still at 9.30 as originally posted?
Am thinking of going to have  a look.
Jacosh, the RFC site still says it is on at 9.30am today at Punt Rd Oval.

If you're able to make it I'm sure we would all like to hear your thoughts on training  :).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2242 on: January 12, 2010, 01:22:36 AM »

They were kicking footballs and had blue and red jumpers on, Coburg maybe?
Yeah sounds like Coburg then. If it was Melbourne  :-X I hope they left Scully behind  ;D.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #2243 on: January 12, 2010, 12:58:33 PM »
First off id like to appologise if this isnt up to standard, i have big shoes to fill here. :bow

With the camp going on at the moment there wasnt any first year players there or Vickery who is speaking at the camp, also didnt see Cousins.  Its hard to pinpoint who isnt there lol.

It was only about a 1 hour session today, mainly defensive drills.

Starting off with a small group that were practising a rotating zone for about 10-15 mins. they then had a break and the rest came out and just did some kick to kick warm up.  Noticed that Rance teamed up with Thompson (i think), IMO those two should team up with someone that can help improve their kicking instead of each other being pretty sloppy. On the opposite hand watching Morton send 40 metre bullet passes to Newman, i would like to see him run farther up towards the wing with passes like that.

They then split into 3 groups the closest doing more zone defence training (Jack barking orders like mad), Mids and rucks (Browne is a big boy these days, i know he always was but it looks like he has been hitting the gym a fair bit) in the centre of the ground doing tap work with a tag on the receiver.  couldnt really see what was happening up the far end but it looked like they were practising forward 50 kicks towards goal to a team mate.

Towards the end they were all up the close end of the ground with defense trying to get the ball out and offence trying to lock it in.

There didnt seem anyone that was obviously on a modified program with Cotchin and Foley doing the whole sesion with the group. Polak also did the whole session. Saying that though Collins? seemed to have his left thumb pretty heavily taped and was hindering him somewhat when marking.

Also didnt see a lot of Simmo, he was out on the ground at one stage but didnt really see him doing any drills. Gilligan looks almost ready for a call up if we are looking at someone, smoth player and he looks like he is finally starting to learn the game. There was someone in the last drill that i couldnt name but looking at the RFC website i think it is Gourdis, if so this guy is a unit and i hope he makes the grade he had one of the best bodies in the team.

As they say in the classics. Thats all folks. And im sorry if i missed out on ayone they you may have wanted info on.

« Reply #2244 on: January 12, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »

You did indeed have big shoes to fill but did so with aplomb.

thanks   :cheers

'65

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2245 on: January 12, 2010, 01:15:40 PM »
Top reporting Jacosh  :thumbsup  :cheers

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2246 on: January 12, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »
good to hear that foley is doing the whole session.  perhaps he's on the mend?? though it would still be good if they take it slow with him.  i dont' have any expectations on the season, so results isn't a concern for me.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2247 on: January 12, 2010, 01:35:37 PM »
Thanks Jacosh, top stuff, great to see Foley back in full training, how was he and Cotch moving??

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2248 on: January 12, 2010, 01:51:56 PM »
Are you sure Foley was in full training? That would go against what many doomsayers have been saying of late re his injuries.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2249 on: January 12, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »