Author Topic: Official team vs Roos - Elim. Final  (Read 13705 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Official team vs Roos - Elim. Final
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2015, 09:53:59 PM »
Didnt Griff get knocked out in the second quarter against North in hobart? Yet Lade says he was good?

Yes he did but until he got knocked out he was our best forward
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2015, 10:09:00 PM »
Didnt Griff get knocked out in the second quarter against North in hobart? Yet Lade says he was good?

Dont be stupid. Was there on the hill and he did very little. Gave a contest but that's it

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2015, 10:12:49 PM »

Dont be stupid. Was there on the hill and he did very little. Gave a contest but that's it

Overall The entire side was crap day. Until he got knocked out he wasn't that bad compared to a lot of others

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2015, 10:21:09 PM »
I agree with that, was a horrible performance by Richmond. Just reckon it's silly for Lade to claim a guy who got knocked out after doing little was "very good".

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2015, 11:16:07 PM »
Yep. Weird from Ladey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2015, 11:20:55 PM »
His best game was against Freo at Subi in the first quarter. Griff was fantastic then and helped set up the victory. But he was fit then and did not have a tendon injury.
He'll be nowhere near that form now.
He shouldn't play.

If he does, I pray he proves me wrong. :pray
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2015, 08:14:46 AM »
Lennon unlucky. Understand why brought Conca and Griffiths in but big risk because both lack match fitness.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2015, 08:36:41 AM »
Might be a bit of a master stroke this, I am not sure Lennon should have been dropped but if you think about it we were really lacking forward presence in the first half against North and Griff may just be able to break this game open. Or at least open up the forward line.

I knew Conco would come in..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2015, 09:30:18 AM »
I just get the feeling Griff won't play and Lennon, Lloyd or even McBean if they want to use the three talls may be the late change.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2015, 10:38:33 AM »
Bye bye Lennon it was nice knowing you. Hopefully you are part of the deal that gets us a good player not the Yarren deal

Hope you are wrong and he stays with us but if he wants out like any other player.....see ya! I think he will stay :thumbsup

Me too but I can tell you he was seriously weighing up his options not that long ago. He thought he might of turned a corner and was leaning towards Tigers but this has probably thrown a spanner in there

Happens when he and his family get told on 4 occasions he was to debut only to be changed last minute. Including a trip interstate that Ben left available and friends books flights to go watch him but was changed.

Yeah been treated rather averagely, especially when other blokes can walk back into the team

No, Derek Kickett was treated rather averagely, Lenno has been given  every opportunity , said himself he wasn't working hard enough, 3 or 4 good games doesn't give you automatic selection every week.

If you read above, it wasn't just about making it into the team but rather ways they went about it

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2015, 10:42:17 AM »
his gone WP, we both know this

No Angus, you believe it

I don't, have a sneaky feeling he will stay, he certainly wants to stay

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2015, 12:51:07 PM »

No Angus, you believe it

He said he wants to stay, and he said it publicly too then it carries some wight I believe

End of the day what will be will be

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2015, 12:55:35 PM »

No Angus, you believe it

He said he wants to stay, and he said it publicly too then it carries some wight I believe

End of the day what will be will be

I wouldn't take what he says around the club too seriously. Don't get me wrong, Richmond are still in with a chance (well they were). Not sure what his dropping will do, depends on a couple of factors.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Returning Tigers get through final training session (afl site)
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2015, 02:50:44 PM »
Returning Tigers get through final session

AFL.com.au
September 12, 2015

RICHMOND looks set to roll the dice with returning forward Ben Griffiths in Sunday's elimination final against North Melbourne after he completed Saturday's final training run at Punt Road Oval.

Midfielder Reece Conca is also in line to play his first game since round 19 and just his third of the season after giving his troublesome hamstrings a workout in Saturday's 45-minute session.

Griffiths is returning well ahead of schedule after undergoing surgery in July to repair a finger tendon, which was injured against Fremantle in round 17.

He had initially been expected to miss up to 10 weeks and said one week ago that he was unlikely to return this season unless the Tigers progressed through to a Grand Final.

The 23-year-old trained with the main group with a glove protecting his injured left hand on Thursday before he was named in a 25-man squad.

After making the final 22 on Friday, he trained in a glove again on Saturday and was marking on the lead comfortably.

He protected his left hand when spoiling or marking in contests and spent a large portion of the sessions working separately with Ty Vickery at one end of the ground.

The Tigers have named impressive youngster Ben Lennon as an emergency, but the classy ball-user trained with the main group on Saturday and is the most likely inclusion if the Tigers make a late change on Saturday.

Emergencies Steven Morris and Sam Lloyd also trained on Saturday in a 27-man group that also included key tall David Astbury and ruckman Shaun Hampson.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-12/returning-tigers-get-through-final-session

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2015, 08:34:51 AM »
Why would Griff come in if he is protecting his hand at training... :-\
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"