Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 214669 times)

bushranger

Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #375 on: December 06, 2008, 04:32:50 PM »
I know you are right and you know you are right. But this is just how I feel about it at the moment. Maybe in a year or two I might forget it. But no promises.
I still ain't forgiven Ablett senior for never attending functions where little kids were waiting to meet him but he never showed up. While the rest of the supposably 10 turned up for the functions. Only one was missing.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #376 on: December 06, 2008, 07:30:01 PM »
But the PSD is the only way he can get to Richmond under the AFL rules.

We cannot rookie him

Some still don't get it no matter how many times it is said.

Tigers rule out Cousins

The club is finally moving forward. :)

Cousins has made his bed and he is now sleeping in it. Very hard to feel sorry for him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #377 on: December 08, 2008, 10:24:59 AM »
The latest wild rumour is Cousins was down at Punt Rd.

Jon Ralph on KB's show confirmed again we have no interest whatsoever in Cousins.

bushranger

« Reply #378 on: December 08, 2008, 01:43:30 PM »
To recieve such good news at this time of the year is really good.
Now lets hope this put this matter to bed for good now.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #379 on: December 08, 2008, 02:37:16 PM »
The latest wild rumour is Cousins was down at Punt Rd.

I heard he was passing on his way to Richmond station for a score  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #380 on: December 08, 2008, 06:33:15 PM »
The media have gotten bored with linking us to Cousins so tonight they are jumping on the Cousins to Essendon bandwagon since Knighter said today he would consider a mature player.

bushranger

« Reply #381 on: December 08, 2008, 06:35:18 PM »
That was an easy one to work out that they would do that as it is what I thought to right away after reading his little article about that.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #382 on: December 08, 2008, 06:41:13 PM »
Healy and Russell just said Craig Cameron was silly to rule Cousins out as it boxes Richmond in  ???. Healy saying he can't believe we ruled Cousins out and we only did so under pressure from Sheeds' questioning of Cameron. They've saying Sheeds is keen on Cousins.

"Whispers" is linking Cousins to Port Adelaide. A caller said Nathan Carroll to the Bombers as a replacement FB for Mal Michael as Hurley develops.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #383 on: December 08, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »
A caller said Nathan Carroll to the Bombers as a replacement FB for Mal Michael as Hurley develops.
:ROTFL
Please be true!
Not only is he a nutcase, he's too small to play key position and too slow to be a flanker.

Players will be queuing up to play full forward.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: December 08, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »
Cousins brain is fried, won't play again. He is too detached from reality to understand what is needed to re-connect to a new club.
Pretty sad because he can play but its a team sport and his attitude is no longer that of a team player that is prepared to toe the line.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

bushranger

« Reply #385 on: December 09, 2008, 08:13:05 AM »
Cousins brain is fried, won't play again. He is too detached from reality to understand what is needed to re-connect to a new club.
Pretty sad because he can play but its a team sport and his attitude is no longer that of a team player that is prepared to toe the line.
This makes nothing but sense. And it was well written, as we all know the truth hurt, and this will hurt Cousins, cause it is the truth

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #386 on: December 10, 2008, 09:49:39 AM »

Good post y&b, and to add to this people need to be reminded that Cousins is a RECOVERING drug addict. The desciption may sound harsh I know, but it's a fact that it takes a year or so of continuous rehab to recover from drug addiction, and even after that there are sadly no guarantees.

I hope Ben stays connected in the footy field in some capacity and maybe help others too, and sincerely wish him the best in life.
10 PREMIERSHIPS

bushranger

« Reply #387 on: December 10, 2008, 10:01:37 AM »
I think that he should stay in footy to. But, no as a player.
But I think that he should do the tour of schools and educate kids about the dangers of drug in sport and in general.
I would see him as a good role model for this side of it, so long as he has done the full recovery thing.
So as an educator for the AFL and community, Yes.
For a footballer again, No.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #388 on: December 10, 2008, 11:19:47 AM »
But I think that he should do the tour of schools and educate kids about the dangers of drug in sport and in general.
I would see him as a good role model for this side of it, so long as he has done the full recovery thing.

Exactly Bushranger I would see this as a positive step in his rehab, not the circus that is going on at the moment.

IMO it is still all about him at the moment.

bushranger

« Reply #389 on: December 10, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »
I'm really glad that someone agreed with what I said. I was worried that I was gunna get canned for it.