Author Topic: Ivan Soldo traded to Port [merged]  (Read 120242 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Ivan Soldo [merged]
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2019, 01:38:42 PM »
CD stats...spare me....like reviewing War & Peace based on the Reader's Digest version... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2019, 02:16:44 PM »
Diocletian for a poster named after a Roman cavalry commander who became emperor you reflect non of his traits.

To be a Cavalry commander in the  Roman empire he would have analytical skills and would have based his decisions on facts and data not emotion.

You form opinions and when facts are presented to debunk your opinions you attack the facts without giving any counter facts to base your opinion on.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: June 03, 2019, 02:29:33 PM »
Diocletian for a poster named after a Roman cavalry commander who became emperor you reflect non of his traits.

To be a Cavalry commander in the  Roman empire he would have analytical skills and would have based his decisions on facts and data not emotion.

You form opinions and when facts are presented to debunk your opinions you attack the facts without giving any counter facts to base your opinion on.

what facts? He was putrid.

I did hear that hit outs to advantage between the 2 was the main difference. I cant find that stat anywhere.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #243 on: June 03, 2019, 02:31:03 PM »

Oh really...well let us examine your "facts" shall we?

Sorry to introduce some facts into this pile on of Ivan but here goes.

Champion data

- Soldo had 28 hitouts. Goldstein had 28 hitouts. How many to advantage?Hampsud used to win a lot of hit outs too. :shh
- Soldo had 7 tackles. The most number of tackles by any Richmond player. Mostly because was either second to the ball because he's so slow or jumped straight on an opponent at a ball up. :shh
- Soldo had 2 marks. Goldstein had 1 mark. 2 marks eh? Well wacko - were they contested? :shh
- Soldo had 4 possessions. Goldstein had 11 possessions. 'nuff said :shh
- RFC won the centre clearances 15 to 12 and lost the overall clearances 41 to 42.How many of those clearances were directly from his taps or because he gave our mids first use?  :shh

:shh

what facts? He was putrid.

I did hear that hit outs to advantage between the 2 was the main difference. I cant find that stat anywhere.

:shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #244 on: June 03, 2019, 03:32:58 PM »
No surprise Jackstar's also defending him....was Hamspud's biggest fan after WAT... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #245 on: June 03, 2019, 06:30:16 PM »
Soldo  is our best option at the moment, pity Chol didn't
step up,played a good one the week before

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2019, 07:12:09 PM »
People keep bringing up Chol
He was totally useless in the VFL on weekend
5 disposals and 2 of those from frees 😂😂😂
Agree. Didn’t jump. Gave up easily in the contest when he thought he couldn’t win.
I lost count even on the amount of centre bounce contests he didn’t even try or jump to contest.  Campbell absolutely slaughtered him.

I had some hopes for Chol and all those went out the window on Saturday as it was the laziest poorest example of a player just going through the motions I seen since Ty “Sideshow Bob” Vickery.

I haven’t seen much of the reserves and I haven’t seen Chol play that much either but what I witnessed Saturday was unacceptable. Maybe he was ill or he’s carrying an injury I don’t know but that was a lazy could not be arsed performance.
There’s no way he gets a game this week.

The VFLW game prior , our no 11 jumped and rucked better than Chol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #247 on: June 12, 2019, 04:36:44 AM »
Two former great rucks of the Richmond Football Club, Shaun Grigg  ;D and Ivan Maric, discuss the development of young ruckman, Ivan Soldo.

His 2019 development

“He's been working really hard on the track...One of the big things for him has been his marking, getting back to be a kick behind the play and taking a few marks. He’s also done some other good things like his tackling and second effort stuff, he works hard.”

His three 2019 AFL performances (averaging 32 hit-outs per game)

“He played on some good ruckmen so it was a good challenge for him and we definitely saw what he’s capable of. The coaches and ‘Dimma’ have got a bit more trust in him in the future, which is good.”

Read more at: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-06-11/coaches-corner-ivan-soldo

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2019, 09:53:31 AM »
The contested marking is something we need the most. We always have that with jack and nank. A good set of mits to relieve the pressure from D50 so we can transition to attack

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2019, 11:54:47 AM »
Been working on his marking? Not very hard from what I've seen. Not the future -drop & delist.:shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2019, 03:11:43 PM »
What about the knockouts
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2019, 03:46:08 PM »
Save them for GC & Witts... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2019, 05:51:48 PM »
BOG..... for St.Kilda.....provided silver service to their mids all day in a performance not seen since the glory days of Megan's Toy Boy...#allhailtheknockoutking... :clapping  :bow :clapping

- Thomas Sowell

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2019, 08:47:45 PM »
Hard to disagree

His constant taps to St Kilda's advantage were numbing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2019, 01:02:28 PM »
No upside vs Chol.

This guy is VFL standard/depth only.

Play Chol + Balta until Nank back, groom CCJ. Trade in Sean Darcy...