Author Topic: Ivan Soldo traded to Port [merged]  (Read 120156 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Ivan Soldo [merged]
« Reply #315 on: August 25, 2019, 08:51:30 PM »
Was very good, turned into a rover a few times and danced around blokes too.

Nank's body would wanna be close to being right or else he won't be back
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #316 on: August 25, 2019, 10:40:15 PM »
How cute, little Ivan finally passed a test with a stunning score of 51% where spelling your name correctly is worth 2% of the total and now his proud parents are taking him out to Maccas as a reward... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2019, 09:51:15 AM »
It is sad to see Diode is in the corner in a fetal position repeating to himself delist Soldo delist Soldo................

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2019, 10:41:58 AM »
It is sad to see Diode is in the corner in a fetal position repeating to himself delist Soldo delist Soldo................

hahaha
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2019, 12:32:46 PM »
Sad to see so many who clearly don't watch this spud closely., which shouldn't be that hard as he runs at about half the speed of every other player on the field - too bad the same couldn't be said for  the Brisbane mids as they eagerly gobbled up his telegraphed hit outs..... :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #320 on: August 26, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »
Sad to see so many who clearly don't watch this spud closely., which shouldn't be that hard as he runs at about half the speed of every other player on the field - too bad the same couldn't be said for  the Brisbane mids as they eagerly gobbled up his telegraphed hit outs..... :shh :shh
His telegraphed hitouts gave us first use in the first quarter which ultimately won us the game.... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »
Well let's just stick that drawing of a  cat -or at least we think it's a cat- straight on the fridge! :clapping

- Thomas Sowell

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2019, 02:15:01 PM »
Well let's just stick that drawing of a  cat -or at least we think it's a cat- straight on the fridge! :clapping
Are you sure it’s not Schrödinger’s cat.... :shh

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2019, 02:25:36 PM »
Well is often hard to tell whether Slomo is actually dead or alive... :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2019, 03:29:06 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks of Mitchell Starc everytime Soldo plays
Unleash the tornado

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: August 26, 2019, 03:39:34 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks of Mitchell Starc everytime Soldo plays
Yes

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #326 on: August 27, 2019, 08:02:55 PM »
Snap Shot: Soldo has a good header for a ruckman

Peter Ryan
The Age
27 Aug 2019

Soldo was not a footballer when identified as a potential recruit after his cousin Ivan Maric showed a photo of him to a member of the Tigers' recruiting staff.

He grew up in Canberra playing basketball and dabbling in soccer. His Croatian heritage and the fact his cousin (who is also the Tigers' ruck coach) is heavily involved in the St Albans Saints Dinamo Soccer Club meant the round-ball code helped shape his sporting outlook.

On Sunday he again crossed codes mid-game when he attempted to head a boundary throw-in as he and Lions ruckman Stefan Martin struggled to win a hit-out at the MCG.

It's also worth noting that his soccer skills came in handy against Melbourne in round 20 when Soldo showed he was a natural-born striker as he kicked a boundary throw-in straight out of the air and through the goals off his left foot, as the throw-in fell slightly short and he managed to get the jump on the Demons' Braydon Preuss.

While Soldo is not quite Luka Modric yet, if he can help the Tigers to their second flag in three seasons he will be almost as popular in these parts as the Croatian soccer champion.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/afl/snap-shot-soldo-has-a-good-header-for-a-ruckman-20190827-p52l1w.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #327 on: August 28, 2019, 03:27:57 PM »
Ivan Soldo has been rucking in Nankervis' absence this season, and is averaging 27 hitouts, 10 disposals (at 76 per cent efficiency) and three clearances from his 11 matches this year.

Source: AFL website

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #328 on: August 28, 2019, 07:00:20 PM »
We’re going to have to get used to Soldo in the ruck because I doubt Nank will be ready in time...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: August 28, 2019, 08:05:40 PM »
This year: Nank in the ruck = Dusty’s best football