Author Topic: Rebuild vs Rearrange  (Read 5629 times)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Rebuild vs Rearrange
« on: September 11, 2016, 07:53:56 PM »
Feel that this question is the one that club should be asking themselves. Be interesting what the majority of the site thought.

Rebuilding would mean seriously looking at cashing in on our Elite players currency to create a list around Martin and Prestia's age bracket. Deledio, Edwards and Cotchin would be the main traders as KP players don't grow on trees and are harder and take longer to develop. We could keep Rance who in 3 years time would be 29. Jack would be 30. We would move on our middle tier almost instantly and look to play as many games into our 'iceberg' players such as Castagna, C.Moore, C.Ellis, McIntosh, Markov etc.
Negatives of this is excepting current list isn't good enough and 2-3 years of bottom 6 finishes await..

Rearranging would be potentially moving some middle tier around if possible but certainly not our top tier. Our middle tier haven't got much currency to do this but with luck and the right calls could possibly work. Holes would need to be filled at all cost, eg: need a ruckman, noth key back and key forward to add quality in the arcs as well as some more leg speed and kicking efficiency. Ideally tackling a focus as well.
Trading in 'moneyball' type players possibly at the expense of future draft picks and players.
Negatives of this is if this doesn't work we would be wasting Prestia and Martin potential juggernaut midfield with having Cotchin and Deledio retiring with no 'blue chip' draft pick replacing them.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Rebuild vs Rearrange
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 08:20:19 PM »
Like I've said previously. Start again.

Get rid of everyone involved in both the EF loss to the scum and the TH tribute game.

http://youtu.be/rGIY5Vyj4YM
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 08:29:03 PM »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 09:01:16 PM »
Rebuild is the only way forward.

GWS will dominate for the next few years so any attempt to rearrange will only have us making up the numbers.

Then we will have to do a proper rebuild.

Short term pain or long term pain take your choice.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 10:46:02 PM »
Resuscitate and Rebuild
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 11:12:05 PM »
You can build through the middle. Look at the Swans for a perfect example and of late Geelong and the Hawks but whatever way you go you have to do it very well.  I don't think this is the right question in the end. I think the right questions are
Do we recruit excellently
Do we develop players excellently
And so on
You can argue our game plan is crappola but Sydney won a flag using it 10 years ago and Hawthorn love to corral too, so it doesn't mean we can't win with a variation  on what we already do.
But does it give excellent results. I'm not convinced I think it has been superceded by the out of bounds and time to take your kick rule.  Sydney players used to take 30 sec to take their kick in 2005 you can't do that now. We now can't dribble it out of bounds to force a stoppage either. Given all that we need change to excellence, how we do that is open ended.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 11:52:32 PM »
The main question is can we rebuild around the edges and rebound next year well enough to beat GWS.

The short answer to that is a big resounding NO.

A proper rebuild is the only way.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 05:31:10 AM »
With the correct coaching, list management and development either option could work.
Do we have the correct football department in place?
I think we have the financial structure under control.

Maybe the much vaunted review will answer all.??

I thing The Bulldogs have shown with the correct football dept team in place a rearrange gives a pretty good result.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 05:56:34 AM »
Where is the 'detonate' option?

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 07:37:58 AM »
I think the dogs have shown that you don't need to be rich but they did bottom out for 3 years at least. They haven't built through the middle and their current success is built on their previous coaches development and recruiting.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 08:35:43 AM »
Rebuild is the only way forward.

GWS will dominate for the next few years so any attempt to rearrange will only have us making up the numbers.

Then we will have to do a proper rebuild.

Short term pain or long term pain take your choice.

What's the point rebuilding - given the franchise clubs

Attempt to win flag 2029 ?

IMHO the idea should be to do something while rance is still around 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 08:49:08 AM »
You can build through the middle. Look at the Swans for a perfect example and of late Geelong and the Hawks but whatever way you go you have to do it very well.  I don't think this is the right question in the end. I think the right questions are
Do we recruit excellently
Do we develop players excellently
And so on
You can argue our game plan is crappola but Sydney woon a flag using it 10 years ago and Hawthorn love to corral too, so it doesn't mean we can't win with a variation  on what we already do.
But does it give excellent results. I'm not convinced I think it has been superceded by the out of bounds and time to take your kick rule.  Sydney players used to take 30 sec to take their kick in 2005 you can't do that now. We now can't dribble it out of bounds to force a stoppage either. Given all that we need change to excellence, how we do that is open ended.

Hawks build from bottom. (2004 draft, 2001)

Geelong were lucky father rules hadn't been changed.

Swans are a bad example. RFC can't really throw 18 million at two guns.. Pooing bricks about a mill to sack Dimma

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:51:36 AM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 08:52:53 AM »
The supporters won't wait for a proper rebuild.  We demand a half arsed effort.  We demand average players from other clubs.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 09:12:20 AM »
 :lol

:gotigers

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 09:42:56 AM »
The supporters won't wait for a proper rebuild.  We demand a half arsed effort.  We demand average players from other clubs.
I say we demand a better half arsed effort for next season!
Lots of people name their swords......