Author Topic: Ball Movement and Leadership  (Read 1246 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Ball Movement and Leadership
« on: April 14, 2023, 11:55:02 PM »
Biggest issue for mine is ability to move the ball effectively and our leadership.

Looks like 2016 turn over king's and getting belted on counter. Our skills have never been a feature to play this chipping netball football that Geelong started and now Collingwood have perfected at speed. Our skills aren't good enough and we are slow. The absolute keys to move the ball in current style. If chaos Kamikaze style doesn't work we can't go to the short chipping style cause we are simply not good enough. And we are in no man's land.

We are missing Short enormously behind the ball and need an enormous review on how we move the ball. The amount of times we turns the ball over for non impacting disposals in the back half was just junior like.

Leadership wise saw Jack run half the field to pay Maurice on the back for his error. This stuff has been non existent and therefore confidence has been destroyed. Captaincy needs to move to Baker or Lynch and a proper leadership group across the ground established and empowered.
Go Tigers!

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Ball Movement and Leadership
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 12:38:48 AM »
I can’t define our current game style . No idea what it is

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2023, 09:26:59 AM »
Leadership is non-existent and that includes the entire football dept, Livingstone, Hardwick, and assistant coaches. My message to them is get organised and focused, that will filter down into the team.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2023, 10:04:04 AM »
Something is not right this co captains was a huge mistake and hasn't been rectified and our skills and disposal is diabolical.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 10:29:30 AM »
Agree.

What exactly is our game plan?

Who are our leaders?

Do teams actually fear us when we have the football?

Are we dangerous going forward?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 11:00:14 AM »
Agree.

What exactly is our game plan?

Who are our leaders?

Do teams actually fear us when we have the football?

Are we dangerous going forward?

No idea.

Nank and Grimes but I think they are poor leaders.

No. 

No.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2023, 11:12:52 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, 2016 had leaders of Chaplin and Deledio. Think Chaplin was an OK leader but talent wise was garbage, the errors we made last night reminded me of things Chaplin did. Deledio was opposite was great talent wise but from reports he was an average leader, would complain when he would come off etc. Trent was captain but Newman was still playing it's an awkward set up. Similar to Grimes, Nank and Cotch all playing together. Who do we turn to, listen to?

2017 was the start of Rance and Jack vice captains and was instantly obvious.

I think another clear change or empowerment here is needed. Cotchin needs to retire for the batton to be properly passed on, a clear leadership group established as is a clear captain.

My thoughts:

Captain: Baker (defense)
Vice Captains: Lynch (forward), Nank (middle) or Graham (middle)
Go Tigers!

Offline PoppyTige

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2023, 12:10:48 PM »
The rot set in when Mrs Hardwick was kicked out.

Surely Mr Hardwick's actions there had an effect on many of our kids when we were, through the recent premiership eyars, regarded as a family as much as a team?

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2023, 12:49:56 PM »
I’m actually all for baker to be captain. He absolutely has a dip which is what a lot of the team is lacking at the moment. If he was able to play 22 games a year my other choice would be lynch. I think whoever we pick is basically going to be caretaker until sonsie becomes elite (hopefully)

Broadsword

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2023, 12:53:17 PM »

Surely Mr Hardwick's actions there had an effect on many of our kids when we were, through the recent premiership eyars, regarded as a family as much as a team?
Have long agreed with this. No one to set him straight at home either: Alexandra is too busy with home renovations and interior design to care.

Broadsword

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2023, 12:54:11 PM »
100% NO to Baker until he cleans up his disposal. For a team that can't kick he would set completely the wrong example. No respect for the football.

FooffooValve

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2023, 02:39:00 PM »
I can’t define our current game style . No idea what it is

No game style works if you can't handle the ball properly. Our fumbling is the biggest issue at the moment, probably brought about by overhandballing, lack of confidence and some of the smaller bodies getting worried about being hit. I reckon we gave up 10 inside 50s against the Dogs just from double handles or basic fumbles, and it wasn't much better last night.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2023, 04:17:33 PM »
“Wasteful Richmond … We were able to watch them trying to exit from defensive 50, as well as put the ball inside 50 and they were ugly,” Lyon told Fox Footy.

Jonathan Brown added: “They were able to move the ball from one side of the ground to the other pretty well. The problem was the kicking, especially forward of centre, was terrible.

“It was a replica of last week (against the Western Bulldogs) and the Round 1 game against Carlton. This has been the major problem for Richmond this year, they should have more wins on the scoreboard, but this is an epidemic that is affecting most of the players.”

Source: Foxsports.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2023, 06:27:51 PM »

Have long agreed with this. No one to set him straight at home either: Alexandra is too busy with home renovations and interior design to care.
:clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2023, 06:36:20 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, Think Chaplin was an OK leader but talent wise was garbage, the errors we made last night reminded me of things Chaplin did.

Your not wrong  :rollin

The club that keeps giving.