Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Richmond Rant / Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Last post by Tigeritis™©® on Today at 08:30:12 PM »
I think the rules just have to be simplified. There should be no prior op. If you are caught and don't dispose correctly. You are gone.
If there are hands in the back (fwd or backline) it's in the back. Umps should not be made to make split second judgements on force, prior, sufficient attempt etc. Call the rules black and white...no grey area.
The players will all adjust their game style accordingly to how the decisions are paid, if the umps pay them the same and effectively every game.
And while we are on rules, please Nick off the 666 and stand rule 🤦
:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping
Richmond Rant / Re: A little perspective…
« Last post by eliminator on Today at 08:29:21 PM »
I've been supporting Richmond since 1972

Member for 43 years

I'll also support them, wiil always be a member. The Club has given me so much. I've seen the highest of highs and been through the years of the being in footy wilderness... wouldn't change it

But it's also OK to be critical of the Club.

For me at the moment it's not the results that are gnawing at me it is the lack of effort. It is beyond disappointing. I haven't questioned the effort for a very long time...

BTW great post mat  :clapping
I totally agree with you. It is okay to criticise the club. Whilst there are a variety of views on this site it is clear that everyone on this site wants the club to succeed and can't stand the club being in the predicament it is in.
Richmond Rant / Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Last post by eliminator on Today at 08:16:58 PM »
Where is the apology to Vlastuin by the umpire for paying a free kick against him when he was dangerously tackled. Umpires not being held accountable.  Time for someone at the club to call out atrocious umpiring
General Discussion / Re: General Soccer discussion.
« Last post by Damo on Today at 07:33:54 PM »
Gunners keeping asking the questions
But City answering with ease sadly

As expected, unlucky damo.

That’s another tainted title for 115 FC.

Proud gooner here

Nobody can say they bottled it

17-1-1 this calendar year

Kept winning and kept putting the pressure on

The cheats answered every time
Richmond Rant / Re: Sack Yze
« Last post by MintOnLamb on Today at 07:08:00 PM »
I had a squiz at Telstra tracker stats to see if I can extrapolate whether it’s players failing to execute or poor coaching

So facts are too 4 players to cover distance are tigers: HRS, KMac, Steely, Broad in that order. For running at high speed, tigers take 4 out of top 5 spots as well. Dan Rioli leads the sprint efforts, then HRS, Cumberland, then broad to make the top 5 in that metric. This is where it gets interesting , for average speed in attack, tigers claim all 5 spots. But avg speed in defence it’s lions taking top 4 spots

Make of that as you will but to me it tells me either our players aren’t working hard enough defensively or because they’re running unnecessary km to stupid spots on the ground (where the ball ain’t) or coached to run forward of the ball too prolifically, they’re spent and can’t run back on the transition.

As the saying goes, forwards get memberships but defence wins premierships. The midfield cohesion with our backline is absolutely out of sorts and we’re getting carved up as a consequence
Nice work👌
Carlton is having the same soft tissue issues as us,
Richmond Rant / Re: Injury update 2024
« Last post by crackertiger on Today at 07:03:43 PM »
There is something odd about the Fawcett situation...
« Last post by Hard Roar Tiger on Today at 06:43:46 PM »
Would like to know what is going on with Fawcett

Back, indefinite, really concise and insightful …NOT

Maybe he’s tapped out?
« Last post by Tiger Khosh on Today at 06:40:06 PM »
Bauer out with quaddy.

Oh boy, if we don’t start getting anyone back in the next 1-2 weeks were legitimately going to struggle to field a full side.
General Discussion / Re: General Soccer discussion.
« Last post by Tiger Khosh on Today at 06:22:53 PM »
Gunners keeping asking the questions
But City answering with ease sadly

As expected, unlucky damo.

That’s another tainted title for 115 FC.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10