Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 418133 times)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #1080 on: April 08, 2014, 03:58:01 PM »
Cotchin's stats this year compared to the rest of the afl elite are poor.

See http://www.afl.com.au/stats

His disposal efficiency out of the top 20 possession getters in the league is ranked only 17th - 60.4% DE, Stevie J 60.2%, Beams 57.3% and Priddis 52.5%
As for the comment he is carrying his team - Nathan Jones 67.8% and he is a man who is carrying his team.
Incidentall, Watson DE is 85.1%, Selwood is 78.7%

Clangers - he is equal first with 15 ie. 5 per game.  Ablett is ranked the same.

Tackles - he is ranked 18th  with 7 tackles, Rosa has 6 and Tyson 4.

Finally, carrying the team has nothing to do with set shots for goal there is no pressure and 30 secs to kick the darn thing- 1.1.OOTF (Out On The Full)

People need to take the blinkers off when analysing Cotch a bit - yes great player.  But he has some faults - intensity is not one of them.

On field leadership - not yet there.  Where are the rest of the leadership group though?  Chapling was kicking it to the oppostion from 15 metres - that was stellar.

Nobody said he was perfect but you really need to look elsewhere for where the problems are...and to a point I do believe he is carrying the team right now.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1081 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:32 PM »
Dud,delist.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1082 on: April 08, 2014, 04:49:01 PM »

His disposal efficiency out of the top 20 possession getters in the league is ranked only 17th - 60.4% DE, Stevie J 60.2%, Beams 57.3% and Priddis 52.5%
As for the comment he is carrying his team - Nathan Jones 67.8% and he is a man who is carrying his team.

Clangers - he is equal first with 15 ie. 5 per game.  Ablett is ranked the same.

Finally, carrying the team has nothing to do with set shots for goal there is no pressure and 30 secs to kick the darn thing- 1.1.OOTF (Out On The Full)

People need to take the blinkers off when analysing Cotch a bit - yes great player.  But he has some faults - intensity is not one of them.

On field leadership - not yet there.  Where are the rest of the leadership group though?  Chapling was kicking it to the oppostion from 15 metres - that was stellar.

Firstly, let's not compare Cotchin to Nathan Jones. Nathan Jones is by no means a horrible player but he isn't in the same league as Cotch. Gary Ablett's isn't much higher at 64%. You mentioned Stevie J and Dayne Beams as having low DE% but I don't know about you but I'm sure any coach in the AFL would love to have either Ablett or Stevie J in their team regardless of DE%. If we are to look at round 3 in isolation because that was when RFC had to go Deledio-less. Cotchin's DE% was 67.9%. Ablett was 60.5%, Swan was 56.5%. Ablett put in a 3 brownlow vote performance and Swan battled in a losing side.

I also strongly disagree with no pressure from a set shot. How many times do you see Deledio and Martin bang it through the big sticks from outside of 50 but they pull it too far to the left/right when having a set shot?

I'm not saying Cotchin shouldn't strive to improve his kicking/handballing. I'm sure all footballers strive for this. What I'm saying is a player's DE% is going to drop when the team is losing and in Cotchin's case, when the entire team is getting hammered and you have to carry everybody you're not going to have an out of this world DE% (Issac Smith had 83% during the demolition of Freo). I'm a firm believer his DE% will rise if everyone else in the midfield put in some effort and not expecting Cotchin to do it all.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1083 on: April 08, 2014, 05:32:35 PM »
Article on Cotch on wide world of sport webpage

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1084 on: April 08, 2014, 06:05:58 PM »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1085 on: April 08, 2014, 06:48:37 PM »

Nobody said he was perfect but you really need to look elsewhere for where the problems are...and to a point I do believe he is carrying the team right now.

Just another Dr comment

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1086 on: April 12, 2014, 08:20:58 AM »
I am glad we didn't see another dinky kick and 30 possession game from Cotch this week

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1087 on: April 12, 2014, 09:11:18 AM »
He must of had fun getting mugged all night while the umpire watched
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1088 on: April 12, 2014, 09:11:52 AM »
Crap since 2012. Trade for 2 GWS midfieldersv
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1089 on: April 12, 2014, 09:13:13 AM »
Need to scrap the jiz of his back

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1090 on: April 27, 2014, 09:08:14 PM »
Pretty well tagged again. Didn't look elite against an elite team.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1091 on: April 27, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »
He's no good, his disposal is terrible. Trade to GWS for 2 homesick kids. RFC needs to get back some GR style kahoonies
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1092 on: April 27, 2014, 09:15:43 PM »
Cotchin baggers = clueless twats.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1093 on: April 27, 2014, 09:17:04 PM »
Will develop back problems from carrying the team

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame