Author Topic: It’s going to be a long year: Matthew Lloyd’s reaction to Richmond's loss (3aw)  (Read 340 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

https://twitter.com/3AWisfootball/status/1766402069663989815

-------------------------

‘It’s going to be a long year’: Matthew Lloyd’s snap reaction to Richmond season-opening loss

Matthew Lloyd says Richmond’s recent list managements decisions will continue to be questioned in the wake of their 39-point loss to Gold Coast in Opening Round.

In Adem Yze’s first game as coach, the Tigers were blown away early and trailed by as much as 67 points throughout the match.

Lloyd predicted Richmond could be in for a “long year” if similar performances were repeated in recent weeks.

“Their decisions to bring Taranto and Hopper in and give up young players will be questioned over the next 12-24 months as good as those two guys are,” he told 3AW Football.

“I look at their key position players and they look a long, long way off.”

https://www.3aw.com.au/its-going-to-be-a-long-year-matthew-lloyds-snap-reaction-to-richmond-season-opening-loss/

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Lloyd is dumb as dogshit

Online Hart4Jack

• Future Richmond star

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I expect the first half of this year is going to look really disjointed - we are going to look uncompetitive at times .

But surely we understand that we are at the beginning of an era . We need patience and an understanding 2024 doesn’t really matter , I’m more interested in where we will be in 2026 and beyond.

Unleash the tornado

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
I expect the first half of this year is going to look really disjointed - we are going to look uncompetitive at times .

But surely we understand that we are at the beginning of an era . We need patience and an understanding 2024 doesn’t really matter , I’m more interested in where we will be in 2026 and beyond.
This☝️

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
Lloyd is dumb as dogshit
But on this occasion with what he says he is right. Everyone knows its going to be years before we can challenge again so
What is there. Given it takes a lot longer for the talls to develop which people conveniently forget where are we. What happens if say this year we lose both Lynch again and Balta what is left? Literally the answer is 19 yr old Gibcus with little left given age demographics.
Yes Lloyd is a dick head but not everything that sprouts from his tiny brain is wrong.