Author Topic: Jason Castagna [merged]  (Read 148129 times)

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jason Castagna [merged]
« Reply #765 on: July 15, 2022, 09:06:38 PM »
I have never been a fan never but I have a problem with supporters who put up you tube clips highlighting one players mistakes. Ive always said hes a suburban league footballer but lets not target someone too the point where he might have or suffer mental health problems. I think putting up clips like that go too far.

In the end Hardwick has picked him to play in that game. If us losing last week was anyones fault it was Dimmas because he shouldnt have picked george or aarts in the first place.
Spot on. He's doing his best and his best isn't good enough. He doesn't pick himself. No need to crucify the guy for it and have him do something damaging to himself.
Mental health is a real thing & copping flak from your own people could be the last straw for a battler.
Pretty stupid stuff over a game ...
I expect a lot from our boys so I also support them & back them up all the way ...   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #766 on: July 15, 2022, 10:23:34 PM »
I agree with all of the above but as you guys said his best just isn’t good enough, it’s not his fault but it’s simple. Just don’t pick him to play expecting him to perform well

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #767 on: July 15, 2022, 10:26:49 PM »
I have never been a fan never but I have a problem with supporters who put up you tube clips highlighting one players mistakes. Ive always said hes a suburban league footballer but lets not target someone too the point where he might have or suffer mental health problems. I think putting up clips like that go too far.

In the end Hardwick has picked him to play in that game. If us losing last week was anyones fault it was Dimmas because he shouldnt have picked george or aarts in the first place.
Spot on. He's doing his best and his best isn't good enough. He doesn't pick himself. No need to crucify the guy for it and have him do something damaging to himself.
Mental health is a real thing & copping flak from your own people could be the last straw for a battler.
I expect a lot from our boys so I also support them & back them up all the way ...   

Cmon guys let’s get serious, a 10 year old could have kicked that goal that he missed, it’s not Hardwicks fault that Castanga couldn’t kick a goal that 99.9999999999% of other people would have kicked

Broadsword

« Reply #768 on: July 15, 2022, 10:40:15 PM »

Cmon guys let’s get serious, a 10 year old could have kicked that goal that he missed, it’s not Hardwicks fault that Castanga couldn’t kick a goal that 99.9999999999% of other people would have kicked

Not contesting that. I tore my hair out at the time too. But he's been a loyal player who has tried his best and once the game is done there's no need for our own supporters to dump poo on the guy.

I've had my own problems and I'm an anonymous nobody. He's a young guy getting publicly ridiculed from all directions atm and sometimes people do drastic things under those circumstances.

I thought looking at him during the game that he knew the pressure he was under and his self-confidence was non-existent. He probably feels like a piece of poo atm without his own supporters reminding him.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #769 on: July 15, 2022, 10:54:31 PM »

cannot dispute any of that. All accurate

But

I can blame Dimma for picking a bloke we all know has the skills level expected from a WAT prodigy
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #770 on: July 15, 2022, 10:56:34 PM »
Like I've had 20 beers tonight and I'd back myself in to kick at a significantly more accurate rate than George.  It's sickening

Let this bloke get his confidence up in the 2s and who knows, maybe he'll return a decent player with limitations like he once was. But right now he's on struggle street and I cannot stuffing take anymore
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #771 on: September 26, 2022, 06:42:49 PM »
Georgie Castagna training hard and running laps at my local park this morning.

https://twitter.com/BAFLD/status/1574155597343490048

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #772 on: September 29, 2022, 01:34:58 PM »
Jason Castagna (Richmond)

“He’s one that could potentially say ‘where am I at? I’ve been bypassed by Maurice Rioli, Noah Cumberland,” Matthew Lloyd said.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/28/the-12-players-who-the-grass-may-be-greener-for-at-a-new-afl-club-in-2023/

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #773 on: September 29, 2022, 01:42:57 PM »
Steak knives
Unleash the tornado

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #774 on: September 29, 2022, 04:00:51 PM »
Jason Castagna (Richmond)

“He’s one that could potentially say ‘where am I at? I’ve been bypassed by Maurice Rioli, Noah Cumberland,” Matthew Lloyd said.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/28/the-12-players-who-the-grass-may-be-greener-for-at-a-new-afl-club-in-2023/

I think Lloydy is being kind. Reckon Clawski and Tigeritis have gone past him.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #775 on: September 29, 2022, 04:01:34 PM »
If he could get him off the books I would certainly no role for him now.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #776 on: October 03, 2022, 11:21:50 PM »
sheesh he is still there!!! who says list management get everything right.
What the hell are they thinking at times or even are they drinking the bath water.

In all honesty he is nowhere near best 22 but he may keep a player like Clarke in the magoos out of his position.
Poor players are poor players and ultimately blist cloggers no matter how popular they are.

Have never been a fan and quite frankly depite being absolutely gifted premierships still cannot work out how he survived so long.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #777 on: October 04, 2022, 02:01:59 AM »
Looks like the coaches moved past him or at least see him in that 24-30 group of players.

He’s got one more year on his contract, no harm keeping him on the list when we don’t have the draft picks to replace him anyway and why cut him when his salary (or majority of it) would still count towards the cap. If after next season he remains in the same situation that he found himself in at the end of this season then I suspect his spot may be in danger.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #779 on: October 29, 2022, 10:31:00 PM »
The muscle definition is as underwhelming as the tat
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.